• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Manga

hi
I am considering to buy the box set of the manga of zelda(10 volumes) but was wondering if its a problem that i havent played all the games the are in this box set and will it effect something(game expirience or not understanding the manga or something like that...)

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I've read all the manga that was done by Akira Himekawa and most of them are of games I haven't played yet and it didn't really effect it. I understood the manga completely. It doesn't really effect the game experience because it would make a crappy walkthrough and doesn't really explain how the boss is beaten (or something like that.) It usually is someone is like 'Hey Link, use this!' Or Link just stumbles upon the weapon to beating the boss. So it shouldn't bother the gameplay at all. Hope I helped :)

I've read OoT and MM, they wont spoil the game or anything because they are VERY different, the very basic idea is there but the content of the game and the content in the manga both stray from each other quite widely.

Example, one of the bosses in OoT Volagia, in the manga was bought by Link at a pet store..

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I've always wanted to read the manga, but I haven't been able to find the time to do so. Hopefully I'll be able to in the near future sometime.

I've read and own both parts of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
The beginning of Majora's Mask gives some interesting history of the game, and both of them go a bit off from the game you may habe originally played.
They're quick reads, no more than an hour each if you take your time. I've been trying to get them myself, but there are no places near me that sell books anymore...
ANYWAYS, I would recommend them. They're fun.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I've read OoT and MM, they wont spoil the game or anything because they are VERY different, the very basic idea is there but the content of the game and the content in the manga both stray from each other quite widely.

Example, one of the bosses in OoT Volagia, in the manga was bought by Link at a pet store..

I feel sorry for Volvagia......:cries:
And I just read Four Swords +. 1&2.
I read Four Swords,Majora's Mask and Ocarina of time.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
I have read them all, including Alttp, Ph, FS(Both), OOA, OOS, Excetra Excetra.

I should say that reading the manga and playing the game are untwined in one and only way. It is the fact that when you finish the manga you will get really excited to see it on the big screen. No other connections.

Jedizora

:right:
I have them all. It will spoil the small storyline these games have, and it might be easier to understand if you play the games first. It doesn't affect gameplay, due to dungeons being around 1-5 pages.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I honestly liked them.
Though I prefer you play the games. :)
Sometimes the manga's don't explain everything correctly.
For example:
In OoT Manga, Link never enters the Shadow Temple, but instead fights his dark self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom