• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Manga

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
So I just read a few pages of the Minish Cap manga and it was suprisingly mature? There is a curse word here and there (granted they arent bad ones, but still) and part where Link looks up a woman's skirt when he is shrunk down:O Im not against these things but it surprised me because the Minish Cap is one of the more kid friendly Zelda games. Do the other mangas have things like this? Do you like it or think it should be more traditional? Thoughts:)

linkman8

True and Noble
Surprisingly it's somewhat of a more traditional manga by having these things than being a traditional game. What I mean is that these things are more common in manga in general, and just remember that the mangas are non-canon. And to a lesser degree, some of the other manga contain such things, but again that's sort of the artist's thing.
Also keep in mind that the Japanese idea of children's humor is much different than what a lot of us believe. They tend to be somewhat more open about certain... things, and take no real heed to it.
Either way though, is it accurate to the character? Perhaps not, but is it funny? Sure.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Traditional Japanese manga is full of profanity. Don't believe me? Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, and the like should suffice when reading translations, and not the Shonen Jump translation. Most manga from the now also has some risque' humor. For example, what you saw in TMC's manga. In official translations in the US, most vague references to religion, sexuality, and racism all get removed unless absolutely necessary to the story. For example, in FMA, the homunculus Greed was boiled in an oil tub to death, tied down to a stone cut in the shape of a cross. in the Viz Media version, he is tied down to a giant chunk of stone with no real shape. However, the people from the desert (called Ishbaalans) are treated harshly, like the African-Americans back in the 50's and back, and yet it wasn't removed.

I love the Zelda manga I bought all of the Manga for the Ocarina of time series a total of 16 chapters if I remember correctly.
I like them the art is pretty good and I like having link talk in the manga it really brings out his personality and they always seem to give him a likable character if you have not read it I would.The only one I do not really like is wind waker cause I don't think it's official.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom