• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

zelda manga news thread

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
So as some of y'all might know, there was no confirmation of another Zelda manga from Akira Himekawa after Twilight Princess was finished (they had written TP largely due to fan requests, and before that Nintendo hadn't approached them for a Zelda manga in 7 years). Well I just got Facebook, so I've been looking through their account- and I found some pretty interesting stuff:
AAAA_AA.png
Not sure if this means TP manga or Zelda in general... Pretty sure the TP manga is complete as the last chapter's Japanese name is Separation (隔たり), implying it ends the same way as the game. Given that, this implies we're getting a new Zelda manga from them after TP!

But then this reply to a comment from 3 weeks ago implies TP isn't finished... Maybe they mean for English readers? Or maybe it actually isn't done and "Separation" relates to them temporarily "breaking up" to do different things, such as maybe Link going to Hyrule to fight Ganondorf while Midna stays in the Twilight realm? I don't know what to think as of yet. (For context, the OP was asking about a BOTW manga.)
Screenshot_20210518-145105.png
There's not much more to say than that, but here's a screenshot I got a kick out of because why not.
AAA_AA.png
Relationship... Zant? RELATIONSHIP ZANT?????!?!? :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: (Chevy, if you're reading this, the manga is beginning to sound suspiciously like your fanfiction).

And another side note: I see people saying this all the time, but why?? Just read it now you cowards!!!!!!
Screenshot_20210518-144806.png
That's about all LOL. Thoughts?​

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ok cool the manga is probably gonna have her knowing Zant beforehand. I haven't read any of the manga, and I probably will someday, but it's nice to see them getting so much love.

If Himekawa is reading fan requests they definitely know about the huge desire for a Botw manga. Which is what makes me nervous. I hope Himekawa goes with what they think makes good plot ideas, not some godawful fanservice crap. UGH, I'm getting sick just thinking about it! That's how precious Zelda, Urbosa, Revali, Daruk, and Mipha are to me. King Rhoam too, pretty much everyone from Botw!!!! I have no doubt Himekawa will chase after the opportunity to do a Botw re-telling after Tp. Maybe not, but Nintendo will see the opportunity to market this, probably sometime during or after Botw2. I can only hope if they do it, they'll at least get 20% of it right. I have low expectations.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
If Himekawa is reading fan requests they definitely know about the huge desire for a Botw manga. Which is what makes me nervous. I hope Himekawa goes with what they think makes good plot ideas, not some godawful fanservice crap. UGH, I'm getting sick just thinking about it! That's how precious Zelda, Urbosa, Revali, Daruk, and Mipha are to me. King Rhoam too, pretty much everyone from Botw!!!! I have no doubt Himekawa will chase after the opportunity to do a Botw re-telling after Tp. Maybe not, but Nintendo will see the opportunity to market this, probably sometime during or after Botw2. I can only hope if they do it, they'll at least get 20% of it right. I have low expectations.
Every other comment on their facebook page is just people asking about BOTW... I'm almost certain that we'll get one from them eventually because it's the bestselling Zelda game of all time and Nintendo would probably see it as a good marketing tactic, like you said. I should clarify though, Nintendo did orginally plan to commission them for a children's TP manga but cancelled that due to the game's ratings in Japan (then people were requesting it anyways, so Nintendo went ahead and let them write a longer, more adult version), so it's not like them wanting to write TP was out of the blue.
I've loved pretty much all of their books, and I'd be really happy to see a BOTW manga from them. But I can certainly see where your worry is coming from because they tend to change characters and story up quite a bit, sometimes in ways that would be better left alone.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Screenshot_20210525-213413~2.png
Book 10 confirmed! Book 9 released on Christmas in Japan, and since each book is released after all it's chapters are serialized, based on the time of this post we can see that the story is still going on. That's pretty incredible, I'm hyped!

Semi unrelated side note, if you guys ever see midlink or something drastically different from the game in the manga before it's been released in English, please don't tell me because I'd rather be surprised when I read it LOL.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
View attachment 47252
Book 10 confirmed! Book 9 released on Christmas in Japan, and since each book is released after all it's chapters are serialized, based on the time of this post we can see that the story is still going on. That's pretty incredible, I'm hyped!

Semi unrelated side note, if you guys ever see midlink or something drastically different from the game in the manga before it's been released in English, please don't tell me because I'd rather be surprised when I read it LOL.
So they're going beyond the events of the game?

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
1631459555870.png
Book 10 comes out later this month in Japan and it's definitely the last one, at least of Twilight Princess. Frick knows when we'll actually get it over here though. Cover art TBD but if it doesn't have true form Midna on the front I'm gonna riot.

They all look so hawt
Link lookin like a grown ass man, lmao!

Anyway, I hope they expand on the ending; it seems as though Ganondorf made a wish (or a curse) on his Triforce that the history of light and dark would be written in blood. I'm curious to know what Akira's take is on this.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Link lookin like a grown ass man, lmao!
Lol yeah, I think he's implied to be younger in the games but in the manga he's definitely an adult.
Anyway, I hope they expand on the ending; it seems as though Ganondorf made a wish (or a curse) on his Triforce that the history of light and dark would be written in blood. I'm curious to know what Akira's take is on this.
They often expand on details of the game (such as ouright saying Hero's Shade is the Hero of Time), so they might go more in depth about this, would be interesting to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom