• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Maker

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
With Mario Maker announced, game that allows you to create you own Super Mario levels, I thought this would be perfect with Zelda, since you'd be able to create your own dungeons.

You can spawn enemies wherever you want and such. For puzzles, I'd look in terms of what Portal 2 did. You can tie certain functions to other functions - such as 2 buttons being pressed equaling a chest appearing.

So much yes.

As much as I want multiplayer for Zelda Wii U, I would be content with a dungeon creator to pour tens or hundreds of hours into. Imagine being able to switch between art styles too. There could be a 2nd dungeon maker with The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, and Gameboy Zelda art style, and a 3D maker with the N64, The Wind Walker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Zelda Wii U art styles.

So much yes.

As much as I want multiplayer for Zelda Wii U, I would be content with a dungeon creator to pour tens or hundreds of hours into. Imagine being able to switch between art styles too. There could be a 2nd dungeon maker with The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, and Gameboy Zelda art style, and a 3D maker with the N64, The Wind Walker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Zelda Wii U art styles.

I feel as though 3d dungeons would be too complex; nailing down an aesthetic & design that's accessible would leave us with something rather uninspired-- either too convoluted for fans to make anything of it, or too restrictive for them to bother.

On the other hand, a 2d dungeon maker would be absolutely brilliant. It would be the perfect balance between creativity and empowerment-- anybody would be able to make something, something mind bending, withough feeling beaten down or deterred by the template. I almost see it as an inevitability.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
This would be absolutely amazing, but I imagine it would have to be limited to the 2D games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom