• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Isn't a Kid Game and Here's Why....

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Yes, of course it's not a "kids" game. It's not necessarily an "adult" game either. Besides Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess (maybe Ocarina of Time, too) the Zelda games are targeted towards all ages. There has been almost no blood since Majora's Mask, no swearing and no sexual content so most parents will let a kid that's old enough to hold a controller play. It's probably suited best for the 10-15 year-old players, in my opinion. As for adults, most of them probably don't have much time to play video games anymore so they will only play Zelda games because they grew up with them.

It was just a little sarcasm leading to this funny video, I am not intentionally trying to show you how its not a kids game.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
They are both rated E for everyone. So that means kids and adults of all ages can play this game. The stuff in that video may seem like its not meant for kids, but honestly how many kids would even pay attention to that stuff. They would most likely only notice if an adult or older aged kid would tell them otherwise.

I never got why people said Zelda is a kids game...kids can't figure out most of the puzzles in Zelda / be smart enough to figure out most of the sidequests in this game

IE: water temple, figuring out you have to go back to young link to get inside the well, and no kid I know without a walkthrough can beat MM.

they just say it's a kid game because it's nintendo / because of WW's graphics

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
a woman i worked with has a son who was around 10 and i leant him Twilight Princess. He did the bit where you had to round up the goats ad didn't know what to do next. a week later he was STILL stuck there so gave the game back. i've never thought Zelda games were kids games

I never got why people said Zelda is a kids game...kids can't figure out most of the puzzles in Zelda / be smart enough to figure out most of the sidequests in this game

IE: water temple, figuring out you have to go back to young link to get inside the well, and no kid I know without a walkthrough can beat MM.

they just say it's a kid game because it's nintendo / because of WW's graphics

Most people with a brain can solve the puzzles without a walktrhough. I'm 13, and i can solve most puzzles easily. The sidequests are easy if you know what to do. Zelda games aren't for brainless people, but kids with a brain can play it.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
well, my guess is that when your little you dont really know what your doing in a video game.
and another thing is, all the people who i know who played ocarina of time when they where younger, they said it was too boring, or too complicated for them to finish. and than they just played it again when they got older.

so basically, i think little kids dont play zelda games just because they dont want to.

lol funny video by the way.

Ok whoever here posted that "adults" don't have time for video games is crazy. Doesn't he/she realize that there is a huge 20+ population of gamers? I think just about everyone I know that is my age (mid twenties) plays video games or computer games and these people don't get restricted by parents about when or what to play and can buy and play games whenever they feel like it.

I know it doesn't prove anything about Zelda being a kids game or adult game. I just wanted to share it because it was funny, I just wanted to make it sound like a discussion of how Zelda isn't a kids game. :P

Ok whoever here posted that "adults" don't have time for video games is crazy. Doesn't he/she realize that there is a huge 20+ population of gamers? I think just about everyone I know that is my age (mid twenties) plays video games or computer games and these people don't get restricted by parents about when or what to play and can buy and play games whenever they feel like it.

I'm slightly younger then you, early 20's, but yeah our generation isn't just going to drop gaming when they hit the big three-oh or whatever. Gaming will follow us as we age. Heck it's not unusual for those in their early 30's to be gamers these days since they would have grown up with it. Had our parents grown up with it they would be playing them more as well. Heck some do.

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Hm. It was a funny video, and I see the point your making here. A lot of kids pick up controllers at a young age, and some of the characters, items, and plot may not be appropriate.

That being said, most children I know personally witness things worse than some of these in everyday life. It would be almost acceptable in some parent's eyes for a kid to play Majora's Mask at a young age. I don't exactly think that kinds under the age of eight should really pick up MM (using this as an example) and playing it. Games I play now give me nightmares: imagine what it could do to even younger kids.

Still, I think children should be allowed to play Zelda. It has become a large part of my life, and as I still am in my younger years, I think it counts. Zelda is directed towards all audiences, not kids under the age of twelve. My parents still play Zelda now, and my little sister is starting on OoT soon.

Overall, my point is that Zelda games are acceptable for younger children. When they reach they age of being able to navigate a game pretty well, they should be mature enough to understand the content too. It's not a kids game either; it's a feel good game series for any age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom