• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Zelda in the End of TP

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have played Twilight princess about 7-8 times, and on none of those playthroughs have I been able to figure out just how exactly zelda ends up in Ganons castle floating in the middle of the triforce sculpture, when she disintegrated helping Midna. Her body ceased to exist, so how on earth did Ganon end up with it. Can you answer me this? The other thing I would Like answered is why Ganondorf even had her up there in the first place. He does not even know about uniting the three pieces of the triforce, because he believed he received his as a gift from the goddesses. It makes no sense to me and I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me with their ideas.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I can only give a guess, but my guess is this:

Following the Lakebed Temple, when Link takes a sick Midna to Hyrule Castle, and Zelda heals Midna, while herself disappearing? I believe that at that moment, the Triforce of Wisdom is transferred by Zelda to Midna. The significance being that it allows one to survive outside of their own realm in their true form.

Allow me to explain further. In the World of Light, a Twili must appear as a shadow as Midna does, and in the Twilight Realm, a human must appear as a spirit as most people do. However, the Triforce changes that. The Triforce of Courage causes Link to transform into a Wolf upon entering the Twilight Realm, but he does not become a spirit. The Triforce of Wisdom and Triforce of Power keep Zelda and Ganondorf in human forms. However, Zelda gives her Triforce to Midna. This gives Midna the ability to survive in the World of Light, and in so doing heals her. But it takes this power away from Zelda. So she becomes a spirit.

Then, Ganondorf is able to take her when Hyrule Caste reenters the World of Light and he is able to imprison her thusly.

Again, this is a theory, but I think it is pretty accurate.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Here's my view on this: Harmed by the Light Spirit's rays, Midna demanded she be taken to Zelda. Again at her chamber of confinement, Zelda sees the drained Midna and takes pity on her, surrendering her power to Midna. But contrary to 425's take, her entire body drained into Midna's essence, and she emerged into the Twilight Realm as a human, as Link does through the Mirror. There, Zant found Zelda and took her to Ganondorf, who decided she would be a useful pawn in the end. With his Triforce of Power, he maintained her form as he traveled back into the Light World, but it corrupted her so that she wasn't entirely mended. So she remained until Midna used the Fused Shadow to become her Shadow Beast and hurl herself at Ganondorf. But he managed to absorb Midna, I believe containing her within himself, and the where she could reside because she was shadow.

Finally, beyond this point Zelda's Triforce somehow returned to her, and she was equipped with the Light Bow and its Arrows. Anyone familiar with TP's final battle knows how Ganondorf will ultimately fall. And this is where Midna is revived, now in her adult form, and Zelda completely back to normal.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Finally, beyond this point Zelda's Triforce somehow returned to her, and she was equipped with the Light Bow and its Arrows. Anyone familiar with TP's final battle knows how Ganondorf will ultimately fall. And this is where Midna is revived, now in her adult form, and Zelda completely back to normal.

Zelda got her Triforce back when Midna gave it back to her, reviving her.

425 made a great analysis and idea. But I just played through that part, literally 2 minutes ago and unfortunately whenever Zelda transfers the Triforce or her power, whichever it is, they're in the world of light, so Zelda wouldn't become a spirit. Perhaps it is because she was Zant's/Ganondorf's prisoner and the only thing keeping her there was her own power. There's also the possibility she transferred everything to Midna, power, body, mind all included. I'll get back to that once I play through and get to the end point again. But for now, it's still a good question and one I never thought about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom