• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda In Next Super Smash Game

How would everyone feel if the Zelda model from Skyward Sword was used? I have heard a few thoughts on how she doesn't look like a fighter compared to her predecessor from Twilight Princess, however, I feel the elegant version will fit right into the game. And for the Shiek counterpart of her character, she could disappear and Impa would appear. How do you feel about this?

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Sure! But wait!
Wrong Section.
Impa is a different person than Zelda
By the time the new Smash Bros game comes out, Zelda Wii U or Zelda 3DS will be out.....
And well yeah

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
In Brawl Zelda was less brought in as a 'new' version and more of an import of her Melee version with a design upgrade.
I seem to remember hearing that, while not in TP, her Sheik counterpart was based off of designs that were at one stage going to be in TP. I could be very wrong about that statement though.

In game Sheik was a disguise/another form of Zelda and the transformation makes sense. Having Zelda change into a completely different character in another Smash Bros. game would make no sense.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
How would everyone feel if the Zelda model from Skyward Sword was used? I have heard a few thoughts on how she doesn't look like a fighter compared to her predecessor from Twilight Princess, however, I feel the elegant version will fit right into the game. And for the Shiek counterpart of her character, she could disappear and Impa would appear. How do you feel about this?

Peach doesn't look like that much of a fight either, but they'll keep using her. Zelda's design for Skyward Sword will be included because they've always brought back characters with the most updated features. Compare Samus Aran's new suit with her Melee one and you'll notice a few changes. Personally I think SS Zelda would be a worthy addition to SSB4, but it doesn't really matter to me what she wears so long as she isn't drastically altered.

As for her Sheik counterpart (or male persona as I like to say) they'll either update her to Skyward Sword design or use the ninja attire of the Sheikah in SS. I'm disinclined to see them completely drop Sheik, as that figure has been a recurring character in the Smash Bros series, and that gives me enough reason to believe that they'll keep bringing her back.

The SS Zelda would work fine for Smash Bros. As for her not looking like a fighter, as mentioned by Thareous, Peach doesn't look like one either--and for that matter, neither do some other Brawl characters like Olimar. They could give her a new move set; for example, her up-B recovery move would most likely have something to do with flying a short way on a bird.

As for the Sheik transformation, I say they take it out and give Zelda a different down-B move. First of all, that would be a bit of a change (which I wouldn't mind) that would give Zelda a little bit more uniqueness as a character herself; and second of all, it would open up the roster for another new character--Impa. In SS, Impa (at least, I assume that character is Impa, as I haven't gotten far enough to learn her actual name) seems to have a lot of the ninja qualities that Sheik had. It would allow for more individuality in Sheik's--or rather, Impa's--character as well. I think it's a pretty cool idea, anyways.

Regardless, we'll just have to wait for the next Smash Bros. to come out before we can tell for sure. Doubtless Zelda will be in it, though.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I really do not want SS Zelda to be in the game, I didn't like her design or her character. As others have mentioned, she doesn't look like a fighter and frankly I don't think she could take it. At least in TP she held a sword; in SS she does nothing but cower in fear waiting behind the real fighters. A realistic Zelda a la Brawl Zelda would do just fine in my opinion.

As for Sheik not existing anymore, I don't much support that either. Granted, Impa (SS) is new and totally did some cool stuff, but Sheik is a vet who should stay in the game. It's like switching Mario for Shadow Mario ('cept they're technically the same character whereas Sheik and Impa aren't).

It's a possibility that Nintendo will use Zelda's design in Skyward Sword. But Super Smash bros features The legend of Zelda in general, so they may add little features from previous Zeldas to the Zelda in this next Super Smash bros. I wouldn't be bothered either way because I like Zelda in Skyward Sword. As for Sheik, we will definately see him/her again in Super Smash Bros. I highly doubt he/she will be replaced by Impa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom