• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Zelda II Saving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....so I'm trying to do a play-through of Zelda II and i'm using a game genie with basically infinite HP. How would I save where I am? I don't exactly have time to play through it in one sitting. I'm using FCEUX 2.1.4a, is there any way within that I can save?

There are two ways to save when playing the Adventure of Link. You can perform tactical suicide to get to the save screen, or if I'm correct, you can simply press start and then press down on the directional pad and the select button at the same time.

I think you have to have a second controller running to use the start+down+select thing...sadly. Hmm...I wonder if there's a way to shut off the game genie within the emulator to die to save my progress...

Well, I've downloaded the Legend of Zelda and the Adventure of Link on the Wii through its virtual console service, and those are direct ports of the games. You should be able to save with the first player controller. Also fixing it, you need to go to your subscreen, then press select and up on the directional pad.

Meh, never mind, you do need the second controller, and since it's infinite health, tactical suicide isn't an option.
metalligimp said:
Hmm...I wonder if there's a way to shut off the game genie within the emulator to die to save my progress...
This would be the best possible thing to do, if you can do it.

OR. Be a man, beat it yourself?
Lol, who am i kidding, that game is hard! D:

Most emulators have a "Save State" Type save, look for that. Itll save, and you can load it from the very instant you were playing, like pausing and unpausing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom