• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda II Healing Lady

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
This topic may not be suitable for everyone; please use discretion. It is very important that discussion remains mature and on-topic. If sex is an uncomfortable topic for you or you can't discuss it maturely, then please consider contributing to other threads instead.
~Locke

zelda_2_logo_lg.jpg

Zelda II The Adventure of Link, released in 1988, is the sequel to the 1986 game Legend of Zelda. After defeating Ganon and saving princess Zelda, Zelda II starts with Zelda asleep due to a spell put on her. Link has to put 6 crystals in 6 palaces to open the great palace and get the triforce of courage to save Zelda. But how loyal is Link, to the princess when link runs into these ladies.*

WomanRed.gif
These are the healing ladies. One of the gorgeous gals dressed in red can be found in almost every single one of the towns found in the game. As you're walking in a town one of these girls will walk out of her home as you approach it. If you choose to talk to her, she'll say "Please let me help you. Come inside"
li.jpg
.At this point in the game you can choose to walk inside or continue on your way. If you choose to go inside the house, something interesting will happen. Unlike a normal house, you won't be able to see inside and walk around. Instead, the lady says "I can restore your life" and suddenly your health bar increases. So what is going on behind those doors?

Maybe nintendo was lazy and didn't want to make animations of the sprite making a meal for link, or maybe they just decided it didn't matter if the players couldn't see what was going on inside. But I think that Link isn't as loyal to the princess as we all thought. I honestly think that Link is having sex with the healing lady. Now I've brought this up with a friend of mine and he doesn't think Nintendo would do something like that, yet he couldn't come up with another explanation as to what's happening in there. We have to remember though, this game was released in a time where ratings weren't as strict as they are now. Just ten years before in the first star wars movie, A New Hope, we saw the corpses for Uncle Ben and Aunt Beru, and the movie was rated PG.
beru-lars-dead.jpg
so maybe back then it was less frowned upon to hint at the main character screwing a minor character.*

Now I've heard the argument that sex would make link tired and deplete his health but I don't think it's necessarily the sex that heals him. I think what it is is that sex is a stress reliever. It actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Going on that kind of adventure would put a lot of stress on our hero and he needs some way to get rid of it. Then after his stress is gone, he's refreshed and ready to continue his adventure. And of he's ever feeling too stressed again, he just goes into town where he knows someone is willing to help him out.*

Now does this mean Link isn't loyal to Zelda? I don't think so. If he wasn't loyal to Zelda, he'd just decide not to continue on his quest. Besides, Zelda is asleep until the end of the game, and with Link seeming to be a mute, he'll never tell Zelda what he was up to. So what do you guys think happens behind the closed doors of the healing lady's house? Do you think Link's loyalty is in question? And lastly, how do you think Zelda would react if she ever found out?*

Last edited by a moderator:

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Ummm...possibly. I never thought that he might be having sex until just now. That's a creepy thought...

octorok74

TETTAC
I remember this thread from when before I left a while ago. A lot of people guessed Link was having sex with the lady. Unfortunately, the thread died so thanks for starting it up again.

We'll never know what actually occurs however I assume Nintendo did not have enough space on the small NES cartridge to produce a healing scene or the execution of such a sequence may have been too complex to code for the time.

Nintendo's restraint towards even a kiss between Link and Zelda highlights that sex behind closed doors was not likely the case. That said during World War II the Japanese soldiers pillaged villages and took females as their own in order to serve as "comfort women" to appease their sexual desires. Although highly unlikely Miyamoto has stated that inspiration for the franchise stems from facets of everyday life. If intercourse is present during healing in Adventure of Link perhaps it alludes to the dark past of his own country.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Now I've brought this up with a friend of mine and he doesn't think Nintendo would do something like that, yet he couldn't come up with another explanation as to what's happening in there.
Oh, such a thing is certainly not beneath Nintendo. Just look at LA. Granted LA, unlike AoL, was blessed with relief from Miyamoto's oppressive oversight, which might otherwise have resulted in less crude references. Your points about the time period are also valid.

Now I've heard the argument that sex would make link tired and deplete his health but I don't think it's necessarily the sex that heals him. I think what it is is that sex is a stress reliever. It actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Going on that kind of adventure would put a lot of stress on our hero and he needs some way to get rid of it. Then after his stress is gone, he's refreshed and ready to continue his adventure. And of he's ever feeling too stressed again, he just goes into town where he knows someone is willing to help him out.*
You're sounding like a doctor... "You're going to feel a little bit of pressure." *whacks head with 2x4* (reference). Stab wounds and protruding projectiles are going to take a bit more than a stress reliever to heal. Claiming that it's somehow "magical" sex is far too speculative. If it's magical, why can't it just be magic?

Now does this mean Link isn't loyal to Zelda? I don't think so. If he wasn't loyal to Zelda, he'd just decide not to continue on his quest. Besides, Zelda is asleep until the end of the game, and with Link seeming to be a mute, he'll never tell Zelda what he was up to.
Sleeping around and lying about it? That's the epitome of disloyalty. Good thing I don't believe he does, or else his character would be completely ruined for me and I'd be able to legitimately call AoL a bad game.

Libk

The Jade Fist, it could be the same thing, but idk how that would restore magic. Idk about her.

Locke, that stand up is pretty funny first of all. XD and I don't think it's magical sex. Of it was that, then it should just be magic. As to the disloyalty, thinking about it yes it would make him disloyal, I was just thinking he's doing what he needs to to save the princess. And because he would be doing it only when he needed healing, not just because he can, then it's...well I don't want to say not as bad because that isn't true. I can't think of the word. But what do you think happens then?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I highly don't think that this happens. I think it's more of Nintendo trying to speed the game up, which would be why they wouldn't show what happens behind the door. It's similar with the Pokemon Centers in Pokemon. Nobody knows how that machine really works, but it doesn't matter. Rather than wait around in the lobby, like in the anime, they just have it so that you can go in, get out, and be on your way.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
He's doing it, it's obvious. He's just a playa, that's all. Zelda's just another chick in his long line of babes.
But in all serious-ness, the game does imply that he's having intercourse. But would we infer the same if it were a man? No, not me.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I mean, isn't like like 15 or something in that game? While I always thought those ladies seemed a lot like prostitutes, I don't honestly believe that is actually what is going on. I think it's more like she keeps her house dark because she's a prostitute, and just gives him food or something. Idk. But yeah, I think Link is a little too young for that kinda action.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I mean, isn't Link like 15 or something in that game?

16, he got the Triforce of Courage on his 16th birthday and after Impa found out she set him off on the quest.

I don't get how this idea popped up. All of the other games have stayed away from mature matters such as sex, so how can we say that sex has some kind of magical ability in the Zelda universe? We already know magic potions exist and certainly bandages and maybe a primitive disinfectant exist. Bandages and potions seem a lot more plausible to me.

I actually never thought he was having sex with her when I played it (and I played it recently xD), it's a NES game, the animations were tecnologically limited. And when I first heard that theory I thought the same thing The Jade Fist did, what about the old lady? I mean, is refiling health that much different than reffiling magic? I though both the young lady and the old lady were wither giving Link a potion or making a spell.

Link can't be disloyal to Zelda, because he doesn't have any sort of obligation to her except for him being a nice guy. Andd the healing ladies kinda look like monkeys, so maybe he wanted someone a little more humanoid. And sex could possibly be magic. Nintendo has tended to steer away from such topics, so how can we say sex can't be magic?

Libk

Oh, thank you Locke for the disclaimer and if not sex, then what's your guys theories, other than Nintendo didn't put an animation in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom