• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda HD Collection

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
At E3 tomorrow Nintendo will be announcing their new line-up of games for the Wii U, there will no doubt be something Zelda related for the 3DS and possibly the wii U as well. On the front page of this website an article suggesting that there would be an HD collection of Zelda games for Wii U announced at E3. This is an exciting idea and we will have to wait to see if there is any credibility behind the claims, but lets assume for a minute that there was going to be an HD zelda collection announced, what Zelda games do you think Nintendo would include and which ones would you like to see? Also of what nature do you think the HD games would be, simply High resolution ports or games with full graphical overhauls. I have heard that Aounuma has expressed interest in 'doing something' with the Wind Waker for Wii U and Miyamoto wishes to create an ALTTP remake, although it is likely that this would be a 3DS thing unless he did a full blown 3D remake.

I would love to see all 3D titles playable on the Wii U in some form since the Wii U will not take GameCube titles such as OOT, MM and WW which I have had the joy of playing on my Wii. This said, if I had to choose I would personally like to see TP remade in HD or given a new lick of paint. Despite it having my favourite art style, it does not look particularly good on my 40 inch HD screen, and some of the textures are a bit nasty. Plus it's a great game. I also think the Wind Waker deserves a bit of a remake, perhaps they could even add in those extra dungeons they had no time to include, instead leaving us with that horrible Tingle quest, which the thought of makes my stomach churn.

Skyward sword will still be playable on the Wii U as a wii title so a remake should not really be a priority yet. OOT has been remade for the 3DS with MM set to follow. I don't own a 3DS and those games will not be playable on the Wii U for me unless Nintendo remake them or port them in high resolution. As much as I desire them to be on the Wii U I doubt they will be. Then again OOT has had countless ports and is still the most critically acclaimed game of all time, maybe Nintendo would keep in with their past traditions and include it in the collection anyway.

Now for your thoughts and ideas on this. Go on and share what games you would like to see in a Wii U HD collection and what you think would be included realistically if one were to be announced.

The rumor comes about due to one of the Wii U Launch games scratch offs equaling in number of characters "The Legend of Zelda: HD Collection". Considering we won't see a new installment until 2014 or 2015 and fans will eagerly swoop up HD versions of beloved classics, it would be a wise move on Nintendo's part. I agree with you about Skyward Sword not needing to be included-there really is 0% chance with it being such a new release-however I would love to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess in glorious 1080 p resolution on the Wii U. As the Internet meme goes, "My body is ready".

I think it would be fun to see A Link to the past remastered in 3D/HD, however not in the 3D style of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, that would take away something special that the game has; it just wouldn't work. If ALttP is remastered in 3D, I would like for it to stay just as it is, except with maybe some cinematic cutscenes and 3D models rather than sprites in a 3/4 view.
I think Twilight Princess would be the best HD upgrade. Wind Waker would be great, but it's cel-shaded, there's only a few levels of quality with the partial lack of textures, and Majora's Mask would be alright as well, though many people would be outraged that it was remade for Wii U rather than 3DS after all that.

Realistically, I don't think they will announce it. But we'll find out tomorrow morning!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The rumor comes about due to one of the Wii U Launch games scratch offs equaling in number of characters "The Legend of Zelda: HD Collection".
Ah yes. I could not go back to confirm where it came from because the page would not load at the time I wrote this thread. And yes you are right about us not getting a new instalment for at least another 2-3 years maybe even longer knowing Nintendo's track record for delaying things. That is exactly why we should get remakes to satiate our hunger for a band new title.

Dan

It would be great to see a HD collection but nintendo have never ported there gamecube or N64 games into collections unless it's for a reason like having the entire Metroid prime series on one console. Then again old gamecube titles were only ported for "move control". The only collections have been the legend of Zelda collection for gamecube and if I can recall that wasn't sold at retail, furthermore there was the mario anniversary collection which was really just a port of mario all stars for the snes.

I would love Nintendo to release some real HD collections with not just the zelda franchise but there other franchises. It would sell so well. Give us A Mario HD collection with Mario 64, sunshine and the galaxy's please !
I'm still not certain they would do it. 50% chance ? ;p

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It would be great to see a HD collection but nintendo have never ported there gamecube or N64 games into collections unless it's for a reason like having the entire Metroid prime series on one console. Then again old gamecube titles were only ported for "move control". The only collections have been the legend of Zelda collection for gamecube and if I can recall that wasn't sold at retail, furthermore there was the mario anniversary collection which was really just a port of mario all stars for the snes.

I would love Nintendo to release some real HD collections with not just the zelda franchise but there other franchises. It would sell so well. Give us A Mario HD collection with Mario 64, sunshine and the galaxy's please !
I'm still not certain they would do it. 50% chance ? ;p

They have never needed to port their games into collections before though. The GC had it's own ports of OOT and MM, and of course WW and TP were released on the console anyway as original titles. The thing now is the Wii U does not take Gamecube games. This means if someone has only a Wii U then they can only play the Wii versions of TP and SS. That is it. WW, OOT and MM will now be unplayable to those who do not own an original Wii, Gamecube or N64. This does create a problem which Nintendo may wish to address, which is why I think that an HD collection is very possible and much needed.

As for the Mario collection, there are new Mario games coming out, there is even one coming out for release date of the Wii U. The whole point of the Zelda collection would be to keep us all satisfied for the duration of the exceptionally long wait until the next new Zelda Wii U title. Not that a Mario collection would not be good, but I just think that there is greater urgency for a Zelda collection. It could be released at the Wii U's launch because as we know, Zelda sells consoles even if it is simply remakes of old titles. OOT definitely helped boost 3DS sales. If it had been released at launch the console would have sold much more quickly than it did.

I'd like the HD collection not because I don't have these old games or even that i'd like to play them in HD. I want them more so because of the fact that my SNES and GBA with Alttp and MC and my GBC with OOX and LA and my n64 with OoT and MM and my GC with WW and TP will soon start losing their save data when their internal batteries give it up. My SNES is doing that, as has my n64 and i'm increasingly worried about my GC, i also don't believe consoles should be online so i don't benefit from VC games. So it'd be a godsend for Nintendo to enhance and semi-remake everything up to SS. Perhaps WiiU will be Zelda's console, perhaps we'll get two or even three Home console Zelda installments if nintendo move quickly enough and if the WiiU really does dominate the market, Perhaps we'll three games, one with WW graphics, one with TP and one with SS or something new and an HD collection or even a series of HD collections would be wonderful. Its the dream <3

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I'd like the HD collection not because I don't have these old games or even that i'd like to play them in HD. I want them more so because of the fact that my SNES and GBA with Alttp and MC and my GBC with OOX and LA and my n64 with OoT and MM and my GC with WW and TP will soon start losing their save data when their internal batteries give it up. My SNES is doing that, as has my n64 and i'm increasingly worried about my GC, i also don't believe consoles should be online so i don't benefit from VC games. So it'd be a godsend for Nintendo to enhance and semi-remake everything up to SS. Perhaps WiiU will be Zelda's console, perhaps we'll get two or even three Home console Zelda installments if nintendo move quickly enough and if the WiiU really does dominate the market, Perhaps we'll three games, one with WW graphics, one with TP and one with SS or something new and an HD collection or even a series of HD collections would be wonderful. Its the dream <3

That would be an unprecedented level of epicocity.

I

ImpaMale

Wow. I was sold on the WiiU when I heard about Darksiders II, but Darksiders + SoZ's dream? I would drool my way to Gamestop on the console's release date.

MW7

I'd like a mix of 2d and 3d games. I'd take anything, but the games I'd most like to see would be Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Those are the two games that I would most appreciate having another system to play them on. Skyward Sword is still new, Ocarina of Time already had a graphics update and it's hard to be a Zelda fan and not own at least two versions of the game already (in other words this would be easily the most pointless game to include but that probably wouldn't stop Nintendo), and I don't like Twilight Princess as much as other games in the series. As for 2d games I'd like to see the Oracles solely because then I wouldn't have to buy Oracle of Seasons elsewhere- plus I know they're good.

The sad thing is that the appeal of this rumored collection is supposed to be the graphics, and I don't care about that at all. I just want another way to play the games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
HD Zelda collection...HD remakes of LoZ, AoL, ALttP and LA all in three dimensions. Of course this'd take quite a while, but those are the games I think deserve it most. We already got OoT3D and while I would get OoTHD in a heartbeat (seriously, it would be insanely beautiful), it definitely should be shied away from. MM3D I would definitely get, same with MMHD, but again we just got OoT3D which was not more than a touch up of base OoT with the lack of a proper ISG and Swordless Link.

If not the first four 2D titles, then OoT + MM + TWW + TP. HD remakes of those, and fix the easiness of TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom