• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Generations?

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Here's an idea for a future Zelda game (a somewhat stupid and ripped-off idea, I know). Hyrule is at peace for many years until a dark cult (interlopers, maybe?) resurrect Demise. Since Demise supposedly conquered time, he breaks the bonds between centuries, causing the land to be thrown into turmoil. Demise travels to the various generations recruiting each of the "incarnations" of his hatred in the form of 16 villains. With their help, he will conquer the world as we know it.

Our hero is also affected by this as well. In one final quest, Link travels through the generations in a similar fashion, recruiting the help of 16 different Links (not counting CD-i Link) in order to defeat Demise once and for all. Throughout the game, the player will be able to instantly cycle between Links and view the world from a different perspective, corresponding to their particular game.

What are your thoughts? Sound stupid to you?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sounds like a good idea on paper, but this game would be the Ocarina of Time to the entire Zelda game. Leaving theorists in chains wouldn't be a good idea, haha.

Only problem I have with this on concept phase is that you are leaving out CD-I Link, arguably the most influential of all Links.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmm. Clash of the multiverse. I like this idea. It might be difficult to pull off as an actual game, though. It would be really cool if done. Each Link should have different "powers" as it were, as in, Twilight Link can become a wolf, the Hero of Time is probably the leader, since he is much-beloved by the fandom and is the guy who screwed up the Timelines with his general existance in the first place - maybe he has the Deku/Goron/Zora shapeshift mask abilities... Skyward Link has his Loftwing, Wind Waker Link is instrumental for sea-battles and waterways as he has a boat and can sail, Spirit Tracks Link handles the rail systems and is needed for that kind of a landscape, orignial LoZ/AoL Link is an expert magic-caster (since magic introduced and important in AoL), Minish Cap Link can become small for tight spaces, and ect.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Sounds like a rip off of Sonic Generations...

I don't think Nintendo would ever do an idea like that. Both Nintendo and SEGA know when to keep their distance.

But a good idea, to say the least! Sounds more like a spinoff game to me, if they ever did something like this.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
If they could pull off this sort of idea right, i think it could possibly be one of the top 5 zelda games.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Usually i just completely disregard suggestions for games with multiple past Links or multiple past enemies and dismiss it as too over the top like JJ said, but i actually really like this idea.

However Nintendo will most likely never ever do this and if they do it'd be one of the, if not the last Zelda game.
It seems like more of a fan made type Zelda game to me. Very looooong fan made game that would require butt-loads of work.

It COULD work, frankly I think we should have Demise be resurrected in all three timelines at once, causing the three to interact and one Link from each timeline (The one from Spirit Tracks, the one from the NES games and the one in whatever comes after FSA) each with their own weapons and skills.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I admit it. I've totally had a fangirl fantasy of the same thing.

I suppose it could be done, but it might be difficult to set up in a logical way that properly fits in with the franchise' plot.
It would still be pretty cool though...

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Sounds like a rip off of Sonic Generations...

I don't think Nintendo would ever do an idea like that. Both Nintendo and SEGA know when to keep their distance.

But a good idea, to say the least! Sounds more like a spinoff game to me, if they ever did something like this.
It's true, the idea was inspired by Sonic Generations. But this theoretical game would have completely different gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom