• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda games you've grown to love

Like most fans there are some games I've disliked in the Zelda franchise and some I've loved.

And then there are others that I've disliked but come to appreciate...

In the beginning i really didn't like the Zelda Oracle games but I've found myself oddly attached to them during recently playthroughs (with Ages being my fave).

Similarly, while I still hate the Temple of the Ocean King and the stylus controls, PH has also claimed more room in my heart than it had before...

Are there any Zelda games you disliked at first but have grown to love?

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks. I really disliked those games when they were first released, but there two of my favorites now.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I wouldnt say I have grown to "love" it but I will admit that I enjoyed Skyward Sword a lot more the second time I played it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Are there any Zelda games you disliked at first but have grown to love?

No, the Zelda games I love were love at first play. There are Zelda games that I have tried to love simply because of the series they are from, giving them more of a proper try than I would with any game from a different series which would have gone straight back to the shop. In the end I just couldn't lie to myself and say that I even liked these particular titles. For instance, Four Swords Adventures (which I consider a blight on the Zelda franchise) was a game I forced myself to play, hated, and then took it back to the shop a couple of days later.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm guilty of not liking Majora's Mask at first. Of course, once I actually made decent progress, I came to love it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
link to the past fits the bill
at first,i was unimpressed,i just couldn't help but compare it to minish cap [had both for gba],plus people regarding it as one of the best zeldas didn't help
but after playing through it a few more times,i dunno i just kinda grew to like it more

though consequently,the dark world dungeon theme became my most hated tune in the whole franchise

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I didn't like Skyward Sword much at all when I first played it, but I learned to like it. I still never beat it, but I don't hate it now. Its not that bad, really, just... different.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
When I was younger, I thought Majora's Mask was a solid game, but I didn't love it because of the time constraint. As I got older and went back to see all the mature themes in the game that I didn't pick up on as an 11-year-old, that's when I really started loving the game; I finally appreciated the time constraint that I initially didn't like.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I kinda had a love/hate relationship with ALttP when I was a kid. However, years later when I finally decided to REALLY give it a try, I fell in love with it!! That, to me, is the quintessential Zelda game!!!

I've loved Zelda since the first NES game, but I would have to say Zelda II is the only Zelda game I never really enjoyed when I first played it.

I personally hated WW when I first played it. But over the years it has grown on me. WW it still totally flawed in many ways. But it's not a terrible game though.

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Twilight Princess. I was confused and frustrated with it when it came out but 6 years later, I tried again and liked it a lot more. Then, last year, I beat it again and loved it even more.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I disliked Twilight Princess, it's too dark, Wind Waker had bright colors and water looked delicious and it was like a world I wish I could live in but TP was just dark everywhere, and the people were ugly, it felt too real. I still ended up getting it and I liked it after playing it, but i still hope for more OoT/MM remake style or WW style. Bright colors are a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom