• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Gameplay Competition Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having a hard time with phase 2? I haven't even survived any of the times I've recorded, so I don't have an entry yet... At least I'm getting really good at phase 1!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Anyone else having a hard time with phase 2?

I did. You should have seen the recycle bin on my computer after just one session of recording! :S

Paid off, considering I can do the second phase in at least good time now. Should be getting a decent entry in the end.

At least I'm getting really good at phase 1!

I know that feeling. ;P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Phase 2 is destroying me as well. Problem is, I keep slashing at importunate moments which obviously lead me to get shocked and positively WHAMMED by Demise's big lightning blade. As I'm playing Hero Mode, it only gets worse. ;p

Still, with enough practice I should be able to ALMOST get an entry in. :brow:

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I'm also having the same problem as you guys. I can't seem to get him stunned in the second phase like you can in the first phase.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You guys are all here talking about how much trouble you're having with Demise, and I'm just like "lol I beat ghirahim in 30 seconds" XD

I should be at Demise soon. I just started a new file of SS yesterday, and I'm just about at Scaldera. Only problem is that I don't have a lot of time to play, and I'm kind of getting bored of this game.
If I have to download a save file, then I will. But I wasn't really hoping to.

Well, after a week of practicing, I'm not sure if I'll be submitting anything this round. I leave tomorrow for my new apartment, and I might not have access to a wii or a tv before the 31st. We'll see, but I doubt it. Good luck to everyone else!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Five more days til it's due (not counting today since it's almost over for me)! I won't be submitting anything this round unless I can successfully work around the second phase.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I decided to do some Demise yesterday after recording Dragon Roost Cavern for the speedrun competition, and ended up beating my best time by like, four seconds. I never thought I would do better than what I had. Real proud.

Can't wait to see the other competitors ;D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'mma be out of town a few hours before the deadline is actually over, so I'll close this thread off to submissions right now; however you may still send them in and I'll post them when I get back. Sorry for the inconvenience, and I'm also sorry for recommending a poor challenge like this one. Back to Majora's Mask!
------
(Current Submissions as of 8/31/2013 10:35AM CST)
Krazy4Krash
[video=youtube;MaZeRJLmGHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaZeRJLmGHg[/video]
Total Time: 1 minute

Geez Krazy is good! xD

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Sorry for the inconvenience, and I'm also sorry for recommending a poor challenge like this one. Back to Majora's Mask!

What? D: Dude, this is a favourite of mine, even though my final result isn't exactly what I hoped. Due to the short nature, I versed Demise at least 300 times. I'd be lucky to have the patience to play through Stone Tower Temple at least 5 times. Don't go ahead and think that means I won't try. :P

My submission to this competition is technically my best run due to it being the fastest, but I'm not that impressed with it, honestly. I took damage right into the second phase, which I *think* allowed for a quicker stun time. My first phase wasn't perfect, and my spam slashing on Demise when stunned could have been faster, but w/e. My best time where I didn't take damage was somewhere in being 3 to 5 seconds slower. =/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom