• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Gameplay Competition Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Once more, thanks to the competitors West0pher, Krazy4Krash, and HEY! LISTEN! for participating last round! And I want to give a special round of applause to TSter the Great for at least trying to compete; due to problems he could not enter and he has my condolences. It's now time for a significant shift to Round Four: Skyward Sword's final boss, Demise!

Prompt: Defeat Demise.

Rules & Restrictions
- Shieldless (no shield may be equipped).
- No healing items whatsoever.
- No Skyward Strike on Second Phase.
- Use the Endgame/Final Boss version of Demise rather than the Lightning Round variant; the final boss version is easier to get to and easier to time.

Goal: Shortest time possible!

Prize: Award for first place; 200 gold to first place, 100 gold to second place, 50 gold to third, 25 for all others.

Deadline: August 31, 2013 8:00PM CST (9:00 EST)

Remember, we accept ANY kind of footage so long as it isn't too jumpy and it is visible!
Remember again, PM me with your submissions! They can be a single video or in parts!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Oh yay, I can't wait to die a few dozen times. Naw, this is sure to be fun. I've done a video on a challenge eerily similar previously. The 'No Skyward Strike' rule really puts me off, but that's the challenge I guess.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The 'No Skyward Strike' rule really puts me off, but that's the challenge I guess.

Honestly, I have to say no SStrike is what makes Demise a semi-decent final boss for me. It's a somewhat similar concept when using Fierce Deity Mask against Majora: certainly it's an option, and you'r definitely wink-wink-nudge-nudge'd into using it, but it only makes things easier and takes the bulk of the boss out (whether it's endurance or some desperation move). Anyway, I can't wait to get my own entry in - if that's possible at all. I have to do frame edits though.

Hmmmm, interesting. No skyward strike shouldn't be a problem. The first time I played through the game, I didn't even know you could use a skyward strike on Demise :dry: I am used to using a shield however, so we'll see. Also, I just played through the game last month... On hero mode, so I have a file up to Demise and I don't feel like going through the game again on normal. Good thing I like challenges! :yes:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ugh, I SUCK at Skyward Swordu. I might try this, I have a 6HC I'm doing right now so I'll see when I get there if I'm willing to no Skyward Strike him.

Hey, we all have to start somewhere. Just put in an entry and you'll start seeing yourself improve! ^^

pkfroce

Skelepuns
sjrufjrjfjtntitiwbgvjeneje I was so excited to join this round and then I erased the file that I was going to play on so i could make a speedrun file. Does anyone know a place where i can like download a premade file? I literally just finished replaying it like 2 days ago so I don't want to go through it all over again... Ugh I hate everything.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'll be looking for things to do while I'm at my mom's house this summer, and play my favourite Zelda game seems like a perfect plan!

I think I may have a file up to Demise on that Wii already, but I need to get back into it.

OK, this is going to take some practicing. I've beaten Demise tons of times without the shield, and I've never even brought healing. But I've never tried without using the Skyward Strike. Plus, it's been a while since I played the game.

I'm gonna try to beat my current best time, which is 1:57. I'll worry about recording once I know I can do that. :)

By the way, I definitely like switching the games up once in a while!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
sjrufjrjfjtntitiwbgvjeneje I was so excited to join this round and then I erased the file that I was going to play on so i could make a speedrun file. Does anyone know a place where i can like download a premade file? I literally just finished replaying it like 2 days ago so I don't want to go through it all over again... Ugh I hate everything.

http://wiisave.com/

Have fun.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah, I warrant you all should practice some. Demise is giving me hell at 5-17 frames per second (SS is a 30FPS game so I'm playing around half speed on average), and I totally unlearned the exploits for the second half. ;p

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
What is the timeframe you plan on using for this competition? As in, when the timer starts and ends. I can assume the short intro clip is to be included towards it.
73ko4p.gif

The scene that transitions between the first and second phases is to count as well, surely. After the clip that plays for the final hit to Demise (which is about 12 seconds long) is where we should end things, correct?

So, how's everybody going? I can get the first phase down rather quickly, but still struggle to stun Demise in the second phase without getting hit at least once. I've recorded a few, but would be far from satisfied to submit any of these.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What is the timeframe you plan on using for this competition? As in, when the timer starts and ends. I can assume the short intro clip is to be included towards it.

Start:Just before you begin Demise (i.e. the intro clip you placed in the spoiler DOES COUNT towards time).

End: Final lightning strike that leads to the fadein (you can see what I'm talking about at the end of the video in the spoiler tags below)
[video=youtube;ug2cUr_jcZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug2cUr_jcZo[/video]

edit: I am not making any ground with this. The first phase is coming no problem but lately I've been spending more and more time away from Zelda, so the second phase is eating at me. ;)

edit2: This is the general kind of stuff what happens to me,
[video=youtube;SHc5VEjyFEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHc5VEjyFEs[/video]

edit3:
[video=youtube;6ujF8V662lk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ujF8V662lk[/video]

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This sounds like fun!!!!!!!
I can't wait to start!

Do you convert for lower FPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.