• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Game You Really Didn't Enjoy

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
Zelda is an amazing series, but some Zelda games don't live up to the hype, or amazingness, (is that a term?) that is the Zelda YOU love. What Zelda game dissapointed you, or you just don't have fun playing? And I mean the main stream Zelda's. No CD-i or Four Swords, or Link's Crossbow Training. Mines a tie, between Minish Cap and Wind Waker. I haven't yet completed Minish Cap. nor do I plan to. It's just very boring. I might be dumb for not wanting to continue, as I'm only up to the second dungeon. Wind Waker dissapointed me because of the lack of a 'true overworld'. Skyward Sword is guilty of this, too. I don't really consider the Great Sea or the Sky a 'true overworld'. like A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time had. And I always hated that greedy Tingle taking my money for the triforce hunt. I've always liked to end a Zelda game with max rupees. I have beat Wind Waker, and tried going back, but the sailing thing is just boring and the idea of having to do the treasure hunt just annoys me.

Last edited:

MW7

I enjoyed them all, but the one that came closest to having more negative stuff than positive stuff for me was Spirit Tracks. The game has excellent puzzles... and that's about all that I loved about it. I liked the items and dungeons as well but they didn't blow me away by any means. The thorn in my paw was the linearity and the overworld. Zelda was originally made as a contrast to Mario and one of its core concepts was nonlinearity. After playing Twilight Princess I was wondering if Nintendo could possibly make a more linear Zelda game and boy was I wrong. I literally want to punch whoever came up with putting a train in a Zelda game. I don't have any problem with the technology whatsoever- I wouldn't care if they gave Link a Jeep and let him drive around Hyrule. What I have a problem with is that they thought it would be a good idea to travel around on something that is confined to following a track. You literally are exploring the overworld along a line. That's just so contrary to the spirit of the original game.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
No CD-i or Four Swords, or Link's CXrossbow Training.

Four Swords isn't a spin-off game, geez. It's a great game and doesn't deserve to be called that.

One of the games I really didn't enjoy was Phantom Hourglass. For me it was short and didn't feel adventurous and all. I felt as if I was confined in some sort of mini-sea. I was so glad when I finished the game.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Well it would be the CD- I if I could chose that. But why did you say no Four Swords, that's not a spin-off. Anyways it used to be Oracle of Ages becuase there was nothing speacil about it. But I have to say actully Twilight Princess. Now I know many agree and many strongly disagree with me here but Twilight Princess does not live up to the standereds of Zelda. TP was actully my first game and back then I thought it was the best and if you go back to when I started on ZD you will see I defended it. But after playing so many amazing games Twilight Princess just gets worse and worse in my opinion. I didn't like the graphics, the story wasn't speacil, Ordon was long and boring, and way too easy. This is not to say its a bad game and I still play it but sadly it had so many flaws that it just didn't work for me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Four Swords isn't a spin-off game, geez. It's a great game and doesn't deserve to be called that.

Pretty sure FS is a spin off game. Great or not, it definitely is a spin off.

Anyone who knows me knows that I haven't, don't and willnever enjoy Skyward Sword. It just wasn't a Zelda game for me. It's too easy (I literally looked at an enemy once and caught onto it's playstyle; SS enemies aren't dynamic in any sense of the word IMO), it's too linear (almost as bad as TP), characters are incredibly bland (they TRY to get some development but Nintendo denys them), story is same ol same ol if not worse due to a decrepit and terrible main villain plus his lackey...SS just wasn't it for me.

Prior my 2nd playthrough of TP, I thought it was amazing. When I played through it a 2nd time, I saw too many flaws that it shut me off. Now, though, after having forgotten the dungeon layouts (haven't played the game in a year I think) I think I can appreciate it once more. TPWii at least is enjoyable, TPGC however turned me off.

My personal least favorite was the original Legend of Zelda. It was the most recent game i played, and i HATED that they had the first boss as the boss of the 8th dungeon, and it was easier to kill because you had the upgraded sword. I just really didn't like how easy that game was.

Of the main 14 franchise installments, I did not enjoy playing The Legend of Zelda, Link's Awakening or either Oracle game. These titles were rather lackluster in graphics, design, and presentation.

Don't get me wrong, graphics aren't too important of a factor when purchasing vdieogames i my mind however there has to exist a certain threshold. The graphics of the aforementioned four games are below that bare minimum. Most 8 bit games (with obvious exceptions like Super Mario Bros. 3) have simply not aged well).

The design and presentation of the titles was also rather barebones. There was little to no story in the games and the dungeons were all rather bland. In the NES original, every dungeon looked the same but with a different color scheme. More variety and a less bland look was added in the GB/GBC titles but that was still not eough to save them. I've got to give a point to the Oracles though for having multiple overworlds.

I enjoyed every game they are all fanominal, but the one i enjoyed the LEAST was definately either Wind Waker, or Twilight Princess. I LOVE the games just not as much as the others, they were too easy for me.

*braces self for incoming flame*

My personal least favorite was the original Legend of Zelda. It was the most recent game i played, and i HATED that they had the first boss as the boss of the 8th dungeon, and it was easier to kill because you had the upgraded sword. I just really didn't like how easy that game was.
I feel you on this one, but play the game with your name Zelda. It is like a master quest version. But please don't tell me you like the adventures of link more than LOZ lol

This may be sacrilege to some, but I honestly didn't enjoy MM that much. It just didn't click with me. I didn't care for the characters or Termina all that much and didn't like the time mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom