• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Zelda Food Chain

Kirito

I will never be a memory.
not counting humans or boss monsters who do you think is top of the food chain in zelda

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
The dragons in SS. Because Faron implies multiple times that she eats creatures that piss her off.

Interesting thread. Even in the real world, humans arent the top of the food chain. Bears will eat people if they get the chance. Elderly tigers, because they can't run as fast as they used to, attack people for food, humans are easier to catch than say, an antelope. But if you live in an area with tigers, you can avoid being made into a meal by wearing a mask with a face on it on the back of your head. They won't attack if they think you can see them.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Now here's a topic I have yet to see.

There are many possibilities for which being could be at the top of a Hyrulean food chain. However, I think I would narrow it down to either Volvagia, or Faron.

I say Volvagia because he/she(?) pretty much eats anything. It mean he/she/it eats Gorons for breakfast, imaging what kind of feeding frenzy would occur if Volvagia saw the rest of Hyrule outside of Death Mountain.

I also say Faron because, like Dragoncat said, she likes to eat people that make her mad. She definitely looks like the type of person you don't want to mess with, and she also does not appear to be afraid of anything. Somebody like that being hesitant to eat a delicious Hyrulean feast is something that I cannot imagine.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
The dragons in SS. Because Faron implies multiple times that she eats creatures that piss her off.

Interesting thread. Even in the real world, humans arent the top of the food chain. Bears will eat people if they get the chance. Elderly tigers, because they can't run as fast as they used to, attack people for food, humans are easier to catch than say, an antelope. But if you live in an area with tigers, you can avoid being made into a meal by wearing a mask with a face on it on the back of your head. They won't attack if they think you can see them.
Bears, dolphins (orcas) and whales have been known to occasionally attack, but we've sure killed alot more of all of them, then they have of us.

See there are these bear, rugs people have, and um whaling is a thing. We've killed more cougars then random attacks.

Alot of these animals in general fear humans, doesn't mean there isn't the odd one that gets funny ideas in their head, but we tend to hunt them down when they do. A cougar in an area keeps attacking, people hunt it down.

So, all in all, I think we come out positive.

Even Lions in africa are afraid of humans, they've been shot at and speared enough throughout time, that its in their nature to be cautious about us.

Truth is, even animals that are too stupid to be afraid of us and do attack, if we wanted, we could wipe them out. I don't think any other predator on the planet can boast the that.

-------------------

On topic... zelda fauna changes so much, Wolfos and Lizafols though are probably pretty high on the list for their respected regions.

Zora are clearly hunters too, they could probably take down anything in a group, they got magic, spears, some apparently the ability to shock things near them too.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Good topic, makes one thing a bit. I agree about the dragons, as in they even imply they eat someone, but I think the top of the chain food is the homicidal maniac Cucco Invictus. I mean, you can find cuccos everywhere because there is no other wild animal (or hyrulean knight, for that matter) that can face them. Even when they seem alone and harmless, if they are threatened, dozens of them will appear out of nowhere to kill whatever the threaten was. I heard someone theorize that they are the true power behind the puppet Royal Family, and I'd seriously put my money on that.

The Kiwkis. Seriously, how else can you explain them surviving as long as they did? And just look at how fat Bucha is! THEIR CUTENESS IS ALL AN ACT, I TELL YOU!!
Kiwkis :D

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
But if you live in an area with tigers, you can avoid being made into a meal by wearing a mask with a face on it on the back of your head. They won't attack if they think you can see them.

I'm sorry to get off track, but is this really true? i mean that sound amazingly clever and for it to work sounds even more crazy! Where did you learn this madness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom