• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Fanfiction

I usually don't because i like to think of Zelda as a pure game, and usually whenever you read or write fanfiction, it contains romance, which corrupts the innocence of the game.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I usually don't because i like to think of Zelda as a pure game, and usually whenever you read or write fanfiction, it contains romance, which corrupts the innocence of the game.

Bingo. I have read... certain things in fanfiction that make me discussed. Creating 18+ rated moments in fanfiction that is based on a kid/teen based game is just wrong. Why would people even write stuff like that? To end my rant and actually answer the question, I have stopped creating and reading fanfiction because it is not canon. For some reason I only enjoy canon written works about zelda. Art however, is an entirely different topic.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Bingo. I have read... certain things in fanfiction that make me discussed. Creating 18+ rated moments in fanfiction that is based on a kid/teen based game is just wrong. Why would people even write stuff like that? To end my rant and actually answer the question, I have stopped creating and reading fanfiction because it is not canon. For some reason I only enjoy canon written works about zelda. Art however, is an entirely different topic.

Precisely why I don't read any kind of fan fiction be it Zelda Doctor Who or whatever

I've read a few, but have yet to write my own. Maybe one day, but I'm not terribly creative or a talented writer.

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
I'm trying to write a couple of my own, it's just they are completely different than most of the ones that I have seen. I want my fan works to be as close to traditional Zelda as I can make them. All of my stuff is rated E to T. I want a romance between Zelda and Link, but it doesn't fit the series, so I don't put any of that in there. I start mine out by creating the items Link has. Then I decide the mechanics of the game if Nintendo were to make it into a game. Then I break down the items some more. Then I make a preview of the plot for viewers of it. So far this is as far as I've gotten on any of them, and as you can see, I don't go for the traditional story aspect. That will come in last. I also don't care that much about grammar on my blog, so if you read my works, sorry if it is hard to read them. I originally started working on a drawn out fan-fiction that was completely made up, but now I am working on ideas that could be made into legit games and I hope games that would be fun to play. Check out the newer ones at The Legends of The Legend of Zelda (The Messenger's Staff, Four Swords Serenity of the North, Lines in the Sand, and Last Midnight Clue). Sorry that so many of them don't have that much stuff on them, but The Messenger's Staff and Four Swords Serenity of the North are my major works that I am going to complete first. My blog is updated at least once a month, so things may change durastically from one time to the next. Please message me what you think of it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I *would be continuing to write my Spirit Tracks fan fiction, if people would actually start replying to it again. If I remember correctly, the fan works rules say you cannot double post, so my hands are tied...

I've written fan fiction myself, namely one big story based on the backstory of Spirit Tracks; The Hero of Spirits. I don't normally read a lot of fan fiction, though. I just like to write it. But not that yaoi/yuri stuff or other romance-based stories. I basically write like I'm writing an anime.

Read a few. I considered doing a retelling of the original Zelda game with more story. Only completed half a chapter, Link hasn't met Zelda yet. If anyone wants to aid, PM me.
I'm also thinking of making a tale on a game idea of mine.

I don't read fanfiction. It's an abomination. I used to write some... then I realized that I hate writing so I don't anymore. I did once write a single six or seven page Zelda fanfiction (which I never finished) that was essentially just another version of the classic Link fights Ganon to save Zelda story. It was really bad. I am ashamed of it.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Haha wow I'm legitimately surprised to see all the negative views on fan fictions. I actually thought that more people of a fan site such as Zelda Dungeon would enjoy it. Guess not. I've read a few myself, but for the most part it's difficult to find an author that can tell an interesting story so I can see why it would be a turnoff to some people. But fanfiction is a way for fans to create their own unique ideas within the Zelda world. The rules and everything have already been put in place so it makes it a little bit easier to jump right in and create your own story. That being said the main reason I asked this is because I had an idea for a story line to a Zelda game that I would really like to see. Even with all this negativity, I think I'll go ahead and write it and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom