• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda enemies that still scare you

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I got this idea for a thread right after I faced the Iron Knuckle beneath the graveyard in Majora's Mask.

And I was sweating bullets whenever it did one of those horizontal slices

Really? I thought I was over this, like, 10 years ago!

Does anyone have a similar feeling when facing a certain enemy?

Seahats in Wind Waker terrify me even now.

I'm scared of the ocean, I'm scared of fish, Peahats are annoying to begin with but putting them in the sea is just nightmare fuel.

hqvQ76o83AIizeUM4dlpXB0zN8WuzwwVo5WaMM9ISuE.gif

Just... No.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
WW's Seahats, Floormasters, Redeads and Stalfos.
OOT's Redeads, Gibdos, Floormasters and Wallmasters.
MM's Gibdos and Redeads (or y'know just go with all of Ikana cuz that place is somewhat creeepy)

I had a bad experience with the Big Octo at Fire Mountain in the Wind Waker and they still kind of scare me because of it. I sort of "overcome" that fear by pretending they don't though... Them, and seahats were a big reason I was too traumatized to do the Triforce quest for a long time because that involved a lot of sailing... where these things exist.

Wallmasters/floormaster will always terrify me. I find the ones in the Wind Waker kind of cute... from a distance, but also no they need to stay away from me.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Oh god I always repress the silent realm guardians (and most of Skyward Sword tbf). Literal psychological terrors.

I would always get to the Eldin one, see the guardian right where you start, and go “nope”
I really need to go back and beat that game, as that was my first Zelda. There was a lot of creepy stuff just under the cover of that game.

I wouldn't say that challenging enemies scare me per se, but they can frustrate me. The only enemies that legit scared me a bit were the Redeads in OoT in Hyrule Market. But that may have been because I was 8 years old when I first played it

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Eh, not really scared of Zelda enemies.

I used to be scared of the ReDeads and Gibdoes in OoT and MM, until in MM I equipped the Gibdo Mask and the ReDeads start dancing.

For being bloodsucking corpses, they sure know how to party.

A fun thing would be a ReDead dance off. :)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It's really hard to be scared of anything in Zelda now when it all looks like a child's pastel finger painting.

It's really hard to be scared of anything in Zelda now when it all looks like a child's pastel finger painting.
I don't know about that. The Wind Waker redeads were pretty damn freaky to 8-year-old me and that's the Zelda with the friendliest aesthetic. I doubt we'll ever see something on the level of Dead Hand again though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom