• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Easter Eggs

M

Majorasrath

In oot child zeldas necklace is the same symbol as the things in the stone tower in mm that you shoot with the light arrows to flip

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this, but in LA everyone is familiar with the goomba reference, but it took me a while to realise that you can take them out the traditional way by jumping on their heads.

I think that in Link's Awakening, there are Bowser's head statues in some of the sidescrolling screens. You can even grapple to some of them with the hookshot.

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
I don't know if anybody else caught this (I'm not interested in reading 11+ pages to find out, either), but I thought I saw a teeny bit of Hylain writing on the bus in Animal Crossing: City Folk. Before the camera goes over to Cap'n, look at the top right corner of the screen and you'll see a white sticker with a few markings on it.

To me, it looked like Hylain.

I don't know if anybody else caught this (I'm not interested in reading 11+ pages to find out, either), but I thought I saw a teeny bit of Hylain writing on the bus in Animal Crossing: City Folk. Before the camera goes over to Cap'n, look at the top right corner of the screen and you'll see a white sticker with a few markings on it.

To me, it looked like Hylain.

I believe something like this was in one of Nook's Shops.
Okay, so... In the beginning of Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks; Toon Link is sleeping. Interesting, huh?
Also, in A Link to the Past, if you use your Magic Hammer and try to help forge stuff with the smithies, they will get mad at you.

Last edited:
The Ocarina of Wind from The Minish Cap has the same tune as the flute from Super Mario Bros. 3. Someone on the first page said the flute from ALttP sounds like SMB3, but that's not true

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
The Ocarina of Wind from The Minish Cap has the same tune as the flute from Super Mario Bros. 3. Someone on the first page said the flute from ALttP sounds like SMB3, but that's not true
Actually, it's the flute (in Engrish: "recorder") of the first Zelda game (LoZ) that sounds exactly like the flute in SMB3 (which came out later). It was also used in the title screen of OoT, but a little different.
And speaking of SMB3, the water world map theme (level 3) is where the File Select/Great Fairy Theme of aLttP (and later games) comes from.

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
I've found a few more...

TP:

- Uli and Yeta have the same voices
- the Gohma Larvae in Twilight Princess resemble Mitites from Pikmin 2 appearance and movements.

EDIT: On Dragon Quest IX, when you use a certain coup-de-grace, three little fairies that look like Leaf, Ciela and Neri (PH) will appear.

Last edited:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
In Spirit Tracks, when you go to Hyrule Castle and go to the shop, there is a Tingle figure on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom