• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Zelda Dungeon Showdown, Round 4

Best A Link to the Past Dungeon

• Hyrule Castle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eastern Palace

• Desert Palace

• Tower of Hera

• Palace of Darkness

• Swamp Palace

• Skull Woods

• Gargoyle's Domain (aka Thieves' Town)

• Ice Palace

• Misery Mire

• Turtle Rock

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well folks, we have a tie between Ice Ruins and the Dark Palace. I'll set this and any further ties aside for a tie-breaker round before the final showdown. For this week, however, now that we've done it's sequel, let's jump back to what some consider the first true Zelda game: A Link to the Past. As always, feel free to explain your choice in the comments below, and happy voting!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Choosing one dungeon from this game, is like choosing which child i would save in a fire! such a hard decision. All of the Dark World dungeons are equally great, Turtle Rock being the most frustrating but cool at the same time. The Thieves Hideout, can be tricky if you dont know the game like the back of your hand, making it a good challenge. But I decided to base my decision on pure enjoyment.

Playing through the first two dungeons of the game, you are just learning the ropes. Upon reaching the Tower of Hera, It's basically saying "Lets see what you have learned before we throw you too the wolves." At this point in the game, they are basically letting you know that, you cant just think about the room you are in when solving a puzzle. This dungeon is where they inform you that some puzzles will be spread out in multiple rooms to get to one solution. For example making sure the right colored blocks are raised, otherwise you get half way across the dungeon to figure out you have to go all the way back and hit a switch cuz some switch blocks are keeping you from progressing. They also introduce you to thinking vertical as well. Like to obtain the moon pearl for instance, not only do you have to go to a floor above, but you also have to make sure that the holes cause by the star tiles are in the right spot before falling from the top floor. Also depending on the size of the hole, and depending on which edge of the hole you fell, you would land in different spots. This blew my mind for an SNES game.

And for that my vote will go to the Tower of Hera, simply cuz the joy you get when you realize, that "If this is only the third dungeon, I'm in for some difficult times"

MW7

Like snakeoiltanker I have a very high opinion of most of the dungeons in this game. I really love Skull Woods for its extreme nonlinearity which makes it very distinct. However it doesn't have the mass appeal of several of the other dungeons. If I had to pick a single dungeon to call the best, I would go with the Ice Palace. It is one of the hardest dungeons in the game and is genuinely confusing to navigate. It just seems to go on forever too. I also love how the final puzzle can be completed easily if you do Misery Mire first. Otherwise it can be pretty confusing there at the end of the dungeon.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Tower of Hera. It's a quick little dungeon that you quickly memorize because (if you're like me), you're constantly getting knocked down a level when fighting the beatles. But it's not frustratingly difficult. Every mistake made is your own and it feels like it here. Also, Moldorm is one of my favorite bosses in this game, regardless how difficult it is to not get knocked off.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
If I had to pick a single dungeon to call the best, I would go with the Ice Palace. It is one of the hardest dungeons in the game and is genuinely confusing to navigate. It just seems to go on forever too.

I love the Ice Palace, it is probably the hardest dungeon. no matter how many times ive played it i catch myself going in circles

Salem

SICK
Tower of Hera, Palace of Darkness, Skull Woods, Thieves' Town, Misery Mire are all great choices, I can't pick one.

Tower of Hera, Palace of Darkness, Skull Woods, Thieves' Town, Misery Mire are all great choices, I can't pick one.

I know it's hard, but it must be done. For science. Zelda science.

Two days left and the score is tied. If you've got a favorite, be sure to vote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom