• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Zelda Dungeon Showdown, Round 3

Best ALBW Dungeon

• Eastern Palace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • House of Gales

• Tower of Hera

• Turtle Rock

• Swamp Palace

• Skull Woods

• Thieves' Hideout

• Desert Palace

• Dark Palace

• Ice Ruins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like Snowpeak Ruins is our winner for Twilight Princess, and honestly I'm a little surprised. But hey, that's what these polls are for! Now, let's jump forward to the most recent Zelda game, A Link Between Worlds. After some of your comments in last week's poll I've decided to add a separate final dungeon round at the end, but again, no Lorule Castle here. I'm also leaving Hyrule Castle off the list, as in my mind it's more of a mini-dungeon. As always, feel free to explain your choice in the comments. On to the voting!

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It's been about 7 months since I last played through A Link Between Worlds, and I've only done it twice, so I can't say I remember too much from the dungeons. However, based on what I remember, Dark Palace is my dungeon of choice because of its dark theme and creative puzzles, and for being the only dungeon that really stumped me at all.

Dark Palace is my dungeon of choice because of its dark theme and creative puzzles, and for being the only dungeon that really stumped me at all.

Yeah, I had some trouble with this one too. Hadn't used the guide at all up to that point, but trying to get at that master ore finally broke me.

MW7

I really liked most of the dungeons in this game, but I would have to say that the Ice Ruins are my favorite. It's a little more challenging than the average dungeon in the game, and the layout of the dungeon is very unique with the elevator and all the narrow platforms. It can be a little confusing in terms of figuring out where to go next but in a good, challenging way.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i personally hate the Ice Ruins, no so much cuz i think it is a poor dungeon design, it mainly cuz of how confusing it is. I have trouble with dungeons that have a lot of floors. However the boss in the Ice Ruins is pretty Stellar.

I was really torn between, the Swamp Palace and Skull Woods, but i stuck with the Swamp Palace. I presents a hefty challenge. and has some pretty cool mechanics.

It's a close competition between the Dark Palace and the Ice Ruins for me, but I ultimately have to go with the Ice Ruins. I've always enjoyed puzzle heavy dungeons, and I thought the vertical dungeon mechanic was very well executed. I can see where people who say the dungeon was confusing are coming from, but there were a handful of smaller floors to make completing the dungeon easier.

The Dark Palace is a close second for me, as I thought extinguishing the light to see hidden paths in the darkness was a very simple, yet unique mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom