• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Zelda Dungeon Showdown, Round 2

Favorite Twilight Princess Dungeon

• Forest Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goron Mines

• Lakebed Temple

• Arbiter's Grounds

• Snowpeak Ruins

• Temple of Time

• City in the Sky

• Palace of Twilight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like favorite Eagle's Tower took it pretty handily last week, which gives us our first contender. For this week, we'll be leaping head-first into the modern era with Twilight Princess. Again, no final dungeons here, so don't look for Hyrule Castle on the list. I'd love to hear why your favorite is the best in the comments. Happy voting!

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
Temple of time yo. It had all the hard enemies in like every other room, cool music, a pretty sweet item, great puzzles, and overall just a great really cool feel to it.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Arbiter's grounds! Two awesome bosses, some of the sickest looking enemies, poe hunting, a really cool item (though its almost useless outside of this dungeon), all around eerie felling, Did i mention Two really cool boss battles, especially Stallord. One of my favorite Zelda Boss Battles!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
This one was very tough. I couldn't decide between Arbiters Grounds or the Snowpeak Ruins. In the end, I chose Snowpeak just because I thought it was pretty creative in its design and backstory. It managed to have dungeon aspects but still feeling like a mansion.

Pen

The game is on!
Had I been able to vote for Hyrule Castle, I would have, for the simple season that the place (at least to me) feels so alive somehow. To just be able to get from the dungeon's entrance to the boss, you can skip like most of the dungeon, which leaves the player with so much else to explore. I really like that!

Anyway, out of the votable dungeons I can easily pick out the Lakebed Temple as my favourite. That dungeon is just so cleverly created in so many ways with the different floor levels, the water filling the rooms, and the new use of the Clawshot and Water Bombs. Besides, I've always loved water areas in video games! ^^

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Snow Peak Ruins was really fun and challenging. Some of the puzzles for me were difficult to figure out and the boss was...interesting. And kinda scary. :sweat:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Snowpeak Ruins for sure. It had a really fresh design when it came to dungeons and didn't feel like one from the beginning. Also, I've always liked those block puzzles in LoZ games and Snowpeaks Ruins' ice puzzles were fun to try and figure out.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
I found the Goron Mines to be the most enjoyable. I'm not sure what it is about lava/fire dungeons in Zelda games, I just love them, and the Goron Mines certainly is no exception. I had tons of fun with the bow here and I found the use of the Iron Boots really cool here. It can be slow at times, due to the Iron Boots' bulky nature, but it's not too bad. Besides, I just use a glitch that makes me walk around at normal speed. :P

Though, Arbiter's Grounds is a close second.

In response to those asking for Hyrule Castle to be on the list, I feel like final dungeons are kind of their own thing. Since there's some interest, though, after all the games go through I'll do a poll for all the final dungeons across the series, and the winner will join the other champs in the final showdown.

Last edited:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I'm going to say Temple of Time. I liked the idea of the Dominion Rod in terms of puzzle solving, the music was catchy, and I personally never get sick of fighting Armogohma. Arbiter's Grounds is a close second though!

MW7

Snowpeak Ruins is my favorite in Twilight Princess. I love ice dungeons in general due to ice block puzzles, but the unique set-up of the dungeon as a house as well made it very memorable. As a little bonus, I can't think of another dungeon where you can find a key earlier than normal on subsequent playthroughs than in your first playthrough (by remembering that it's buried in the snow). It was just a very good dungeon all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom