• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Ten Entries + Week Eleven Theme

Whose entry did you think was the best?

• penuinboy82

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pendio

• M107

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Welcome to Week Eleven of the Music Competition! I apologize once more for last week's impromptu extension, but we're now back with three amazing new entries! But first, let's congratulate penguinboy82 on his fantastic win for Week Nine. Nice job!

And now, let's look at Week Ten's entries. Week Ten's theme was a freebie, so contestants could enter whatever they wanted. Let's see what songs they have provided for our listening pleasure.

penguinboy82
This Game
http://clyp.it/5cssuajm

Pendio
Hyrule Castle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pMbnU65kjg

M107
Are You Breathing...
http://clyp.it/txahdsp4

Please listen to all of the entries and vote for which you you think is the best in the poll above. Consider leaving constructive criticism as well if you have the time.

Finally, Week Eleven's theme is going to be...

Celebration!

This theme welcomes songs of triumph and glory. You could choose to be abstract in your interpretation of the theme, or you could go with something more traditionally celebratory, such as fanfares. As always, it can be a cover or an original composition, as long as it is your own work. Please send me your song (along with its title, if it has one) by July 19th, 2014 at 11:59 MDT July 26th, 2014 at 11:59 MDT. Best of luck to you all!

Hall of Fame (Previous Winners)
M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie), Week Six, Week Eight (Tie)
LittleGumball - Week Two, Week Eight (Tie)
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)
Nintendo_Master - Week Five
penguinboy82 - Week Seven, Week Nine

Last edited:

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
wow, amazing entries from both of my competitors.

Pendio: I was honestly blown away. I love how you played all the different parts and layered them, it sounded fantastic. I'd also like to comment quickly on your hardware, because that microphone is fantastic quality.

M107: fantastic entry as always. I love your style, bro. The creepy is well balanced among other things, and you always deliver a quality piece.

Congrats to both contestants!

Pen

The game is on!
Pendio: I was honestly blown away. I love how you played all the different parts and layered them, it sounded fantastic. I'd also like to comment quickly on your hardware, because that microphone is fantastic quality.

Haha, thank you very much! I thought your performance was super catchy and I loved the arrangement with all the saxophones. Arrangements like that (having only one instrument but that plays in several different ways at once) have always somewhat fascinated me. And well, it was all very tight and synchronized. Well done!

And M107, I agree with what Penguin said about your piece. With the creepiness and whatnot. Also a very tight performance, and enjoyable to listen to. I can imagine this song playing in the background in some dreamy scene in a film. Great job!

Also, are those of us who participated in this weeks competition allowed to vote for one of our opponents?

Fig

The Altruist
All of the competitors for this round did an excellent job! All of you deserve the praise for your hard work and effort. That said, my vote is going to Pendio! I did enjoy your art and I didn't know you had it in you since it has been a while since I last saw your work! Nonetheless, you did an exceptional job and have my vote! ^^

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, I lost my camera charger, and thus was unable to get an entry in this week. Real shame, too, because I had practiced for it and got my song mastered. :( Oh well, maybe there will come another theme sometime soon that allows me to submit the same song! It'll probably take me a while to get a new camera charger anyway.

All of you did fantastic jobs! I'm going to hold off on my vote for now while I listen to the entries another couple of times. ^^

Heroine of Time

Hey, guys. The deadline has now passed, but I received no entries for this round of the music competition.

I'm going to pose this question to all of you: should I end this round now and start the next one, or should I allow everyone another week to submit something? Obviously, it's easier for me to just extend the deadline, but if I received no entries because no one has any ideas for the theme, then there's really no point. But if some of you think you can find time in the next week to record something... Please let me know!

Heroine of Time

Well, I hate doing this, but I guess I'm extending the deadline. I don't particularly want to start a new round on a Tuesday.

EDIT: I'll be on vacation during that time, just as a warning, and I'm not sure how much internet access I will have. I will still do my best to open the new thread on Sunday as usual, but it might be very late in the evening, possibly even crossing into early Monday.

I have another question for anyone who frequents the music competition. Would you prefer that the deadlines stay at 2 weeks as they currently are, with extensions being provided when necessary? Or should I simply extend it to always being 3 weeks? 2 weeks is shorter, but it also allows for a new theme to arrive faster if you don't have any ideas for the current one. 3 weeks is longer but if no one has anything to enter, it may drag on pointlessly. Any thoughts?

Pen

The game is on!
Ooh! I had so much else on my mind these past days so I forgot about this thread...

@Heroine: If we have till Monday to send in a song with a celebration theme, I should be able to submit something. ^^

EDIT:

Also, I think 2 weeks is a suitable default deadline.

Heroine of Time

Alright then. I suppose it'll stay at two weeks. Thanks for the responses, you two. :P

Ooh! I had so much else on my mind these past days so I forgot about this thread...

@Heroine: If we have till Monday to send in a song with a celebration theme, I should be able to submit something. ^^
You have until Saturday. Is that enough time? I don't want to extend it much longer, but I haven't received ANY entries yet... XD

Heroine of Time

Yeah, Saturday should be absolutely fine! ^^ Do I have the whole Saturday though?
Yep. Until 11:59 MDT. And honestly, I'm not too concerned about it being exactly on time, as long as it's sent to me a decent amount of time before I post the next round's thread, which usually isn't until Sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom