• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Sixteen Entries + Week Seventeen Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Welcome back, music lovers! It's time for the latest round of the Zelda Dungeon Music Competition! Before we get started, let's announce the winner from Week Fifteen. All three entries were phenomenal, but only one of them walked away with the most votes, and that would be penguinboy82 with his Banjo-Kazooie cover. Congrats, penguinboy, and enjoy your award!

Now we can unveil the Week Sixteen entries! The theme was Halloween, but unfortunately, I only received one entry. Therefore, this round's winner by default is Pendio! His guitar medley is absolutely wonderful, so I hope you still give it a listen.

Pendio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W48jCgZ-Wt0

Finally, I can reveal the theme for Week Seventeen. Prepare your instruments, musicians, because this round's theme is...

Solitude

Please compose or cover a song that evokes solitude. You can interpret this in any way you'd like: think of a song that seems lonely and sad, or one that feels calm and relaxing, or anything else you may imagine. Since we have been having such difficulty getting entries lately, I don't want anyone to hesitate in entering a song because they think that others may not understand its relation to the theme. If you would like, you can write a short explanation in your message to me describing how it matches the theme, no matter how vague it may be. Or even just send it in, and I'll most likely be glad to accept it. It's unlikely that I'll turn away a potential entrant. Remember, a beautiful award for your postbit is at stake here!

In any case, send me a Private Message with your entry before November 15th, 2014 at 11:59 MDT. Good luck!

Hall of Fame (Previous Winners)
M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie), Week Six, Week Eight (Tie)
LittleGumball - Week Two, Week Eight (Tie)
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)
Nintendo_Master - Week Five
penguinboy82 - Week Seven, Week Nine, Week Ten (Tie), Week Fifteen
Pendio - Week Ten (Tie), Week Eleven, Week Twelve (Tie), Week Sixteen
Johnny Sooshi - Week Twelve (Tie)

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Amazing work from Pendio yet again... that guitar and the whistling is incredible. Sounded really clean, and nice job keeping it simple. Transition from one song to the next is great. Keep up the good work, and good luck to everyone entering this round!

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
ah man i really wanna do this i just know i can't compete with that...

still i'll try to enter something this week. I've been meaning to do it for a while now...

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
What are the official rules for this? Does it need to be a piece that you completely compose yourself, or is it a Zelda song that you arrange yourself?

Never mind, found the info I'm looking for.

Definitely looking forward to this.

Last edited:

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
ah man i really wanna do this i just know i can't compete with that...

still i'll try to enter something this week. I've been meaning to do it for a while now...

Go for it! Even if you don't win, at least you can make music, and everyone can appreciate your talent! Plus it's not about competing. Sometimes I get discouraged because I know I'll never get the most votes, if I get any at all, but in the end it's only for fun. ^^ I'm excited to see what your music style is!

Pen

The game is on!
Go for it! Even if you don't win, at least you can make music, and everyone can appreciate your talent! Plus it's not about competing. Sometimes I get discouraged because I know I'll never get the most votes, if I get any at all, but in the end it's only for fun. ^^ I'm excited to see what your music style is!

MEME_THIS_sokka.gif

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I look forward to the competition! I can't wait to hear everyone else's arrangements! Wait, am I allowed to submit music I made in MIDI? I'd convert it first to WAV, but that's not a violation of rules or anything, right?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I look forward to the competition! I can't wait to hear everyone else's arrangements! Wait, am I allowed to submit music I made in MIDI? I'd convert it first to WAV, but that's not a violation of rules or anything, right?
No, that's completely fine. Any kind of music is welcome.

It's great to see so much interest in the upcoming round! I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's entries!

Pen

The game is on!
Haha, that's pretty sweet! The guitar sounds spookier. And yes, I was attempting to make it seem a little older for the simple season that the recording actually turned out to be worse than I'd thought it would be. ^^

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Nice! Hey, how do I PM my entry to Heroine? From what I've seen, you can't add atachments to private messages. Do I need to use dropbox?

Pen

The game is on!
Nice! Hey, how do I PM my entry to Heroine? From what I've seen, you can't add atachments to private messages. Do I need to use dropbox?

You can upload your entry somewhere and just send Heroine the link to your song. I always use YouTube for instance, but there are plenty of other easy options such as Vocaroo.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Alright, thanks for the help.

Mine's ready, so I'll send it along.

Sending it in T-minus 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom