• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Seven Entries + Week Eight Theme

Which entry did you think was the best?

• Nintendo_Master

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • penguinboy82

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hello and welcome to Week Eight of the Zelda Dungeon Music Competition! In round six, we saw (or rather heard) M107 captivate the audience with his original song based on the theme Magic. Congratulations on your win!

Week Seven's theme was Fear, and I received two terrifically terrifying pieces. Please consider the entries for Week Seven and select which you think was the best.

Nintendo_Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCSD3ySFWGc

penguinboy82
http://clyp.it/skxknlsk

Please feel free to vote in the poll above, and don't be afraid to offer criticism.

Now it's time for the next theme announcement. For Week Eight, please create a song based on the theme...

Past and Future

This theme is essentially two in one. I couldn't decide which to do first, so I just put them together! You can compose or cover a song that is related to something in the past or future. Aim for something that sounds ancient or old-timey -- or you can submit something futuristic. It's your choice! Just send me a private message with your song before May 24th, 2014 at 11:59 PM MDT. It can be either an original song or a cover, but you cannot use the work of others.

Good luck!

Hall of Fame (Previous Winners)
M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie), Week Six
LittleGumball - Week Two
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)
Nintendo_Master - Week Five

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Giving this a little bump! Kind of disappointed by the lack of activity on this thing, but not just for my sake.

I really love penguinboy's cover of Creepy Castle from DK 64. That's one of my favorite scores from that game! So nostalgic...great work with it mate! :)

Last edited:

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
^^Also bumping, I agree with Nintendo_Master that I'm kind of disappointed this isn't getting more replies... anyhow, I really liked your DEATH TV song, it sounded really creepy to me and fit the theme well. Thank you good sir and congrats to you as well.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I really enjoyed both of these pieces. ^^
Nintendo_Master, I really liked how yours began. It gave me an eerie feeling right from the beginning, which perfectly fits the theme!
penguinboy82, I really enjoyed your take on this. It was strong from beginning to end, and was catchy as well as creepy.

My final vote goes to penguinboy82, but congrats to both participants!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, I suppose I'll extend the deadline again. I only received one entry. I think in the future, though, I'm not going to bother with extending it, no matter how many entries I have, haha. Might as well give the person who submitted it on time a free win! I'm mainly extending it this week because I forgot to post a reminder yesterday as I usually do.

Fig

The Altruist
Both participants did an excellent job with their latest work! Both of you guys did an amazing job! While I can only vote for one I want to say to both deserve a tremendous amount of praise for executing a great job! NM, I love your music selection but I will have to go with Penguin for this week's contest. Penguin, you did an exceptional job remixing one of my favorite tracks from Donkey Kong 64! Amazing job! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom