• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Nineteen Entries + Week Twenty Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hello, and welcome back to the Zelda Dungeon Music Competition! Let's begin by congratulating some winners. In Week Eighteen, both entrants, HeroOfTime and Kotake&Koume, tied in the poll. Therefore, they both will receive an award. Congratulations to both of you.

And, for week nineteen, I unfortunately only received one entry. Though I was going to enter myself, I waited until the last minute and figured it probably wasn't very fair to not follow my own deadline, right? Anyway, the theme was Holidays. Since there is only one song to consider, HeroOfTime is our automatic winner!

HeroOfTime
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ifw6fnbzy7fbv3/Christmas in Gerudo.mp3?dl=0

HeroOfTime had a fantastic remix of the Gerudo Valley theme with a holiday flair. He informed me that he heard a remix similar to it before, but this is his own arrangement. Excellent work. Looks like you'll be going home with two awards this week!

Finally, it's Week Twenty, everyone! You know what that means...

FREESTYLE!

Yep! Every five rounds, the theme is Freestyle! You can enter any musical piece you would like this round! It can be of any style or genre, original or a cover, as long as it is your own work! Be creative and have fun. All entries will be due to me by Saturday, January 3rd at 11:59 PM MST Saturday, January 10th at 11:59 PM MST. Good luck!

Rules
  1. Anyone is welcome to enter. As long as you have significantly contributed to your piece musically in some way (e.g. composing, playing an instrument, singing) then it is acceptable. You can also cover songs, which means that you perform or arrange your own version of an existing song, such as one from a video game. Original pieces are welcome as well.
  2. Songs should follow the week's prescribed theme, though creative interpretation is definitely allowed. Entries are highly unlikely to be denied based on a lack of relation to the theme except in extreme cases, so please don't be afraid to enter because you are afraid that your entry deviates from the theme too much. Every five weeks, the competition theme is Freestyle, where entrants are allowed to submit any musical piece they have created.
  3. All entries should be sent to Heroine of Time in a Private Message before the deadline. You can upload them to any kind of music-sharing website, such as YouTube, SoundCloud, or Dropbox. (Note that I usually will not respond to your Private Message unless you request that I do so or ask a question.)
  4. Voting is open to all members of the Dungeon Gaming Network, whether they entered or not. However, you may not vote for yourself, and any suspected cheating (such as asking friends to vote for you unfairly) may result in disqualification. The voting period lasts until one day before the original due date for the next round's entries (usually 13 days from the posting of the newest round).
  5. Winners are given a ribbon for their Awards Showcase and their name is added to the Hall of Fame. In the event of a tie, both/all winners will get the reward, and their name will be put in the Hall of Fame with a note explaining that they tied.
  6. Most importantly, have fun! Despite the number of rules, this competition's main goal is to have fun and show off your creative talent. Don't be intimidated by the other entries -- get out there and make some music!
Please also consider the competition section's general rules. Send the competition leader (Heroine of Time) any further questions!
Hall of Fame (Previous Winners)
M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie), Week Six, Week Eight (Tie)
LittleGumball - Week Two, Week Eight (Tie)
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)
Nintendo_Master - Week Five
penguinboy82 - Week Seven, Week Nine, Week Ten (Tie), Week Fifteen
Pendio - Week Ten (Tie), Week Eleven, Week Twelve (Tie), Week Sixteen
Johnny Sooshi - Week Twelve (Tie)
HeroOfTime - Week Seventeen, Week Eighteen, Week Nineteen

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I said I'd try to do something for the previous week, and I stood by that. Unfortunately, December has just been a crazy busy month, so I haven't really had time to do anything. After Christmas and New Year's though, I should be able to find time to do something for this week. No guarantees, but maybe. I'll definitely try again. :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Actually I have a question. Is there a specific time limit that our pieces need to follow? Because I have an awesome song I want to cover, but it's almost 8 minutes long.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Due to the server move and the fact that I received only one entry, I'm going to extend the deadline. Entries will now be due January 10th, 2015 at 11:59 PM MST.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I've got something I wanna enter, but I'm not sure I'll have time to get it on here... Plus I've entered in the past 3 or 4 already... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom