• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Eighteen Entries + Week Nineteen Theme

Which entry did you think was the best?

• HeroOfTime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kotake&Koume

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Welcome to the Zelda Dungeon Music Competition! Before we get started, I want to send congratulations to HeroOfTime for his remix of Zelda's Lullaby, which won Week Seventeen. Great job, HeroOfTime! Enjoy your award, which should be coming shortly!

And now we can take a look at our newest entries. Last week's theme was Joy, so let's get ready to enjoy some cheerful tunes.

HeroOfTime
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd7l9bkpwrca28j/Kokiri forest.mp3?dl=0

Kotake&Koume
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90805948/1.mp3

Please listen to them both and decide which you enjoy the most. Posting feedback is always appreciated.

And at long last, the moment you've all been waiting for, we can look at Week Nineteen's Theme! The new theme is...

Holidays

It's that special time of year where you hear songs about the weather absolutely everywhere... and I want you to add your own to the mix! Please cover or compose a song that embodies the spirit of winter or the holiday season, including recreating Christmas carols or other tunes related to this time. Be creative if you'd like with an original song, or stick with the classics and show us your own version of a favorite holiday song. Please submit your entries to me by Saturday, December 13th, 2014 at 11:59 PM MDT Saturday, December 20th, 2014 at 11:59 PM MDT. Good luck to all of you!

Rules
  1. Anyone is welcome to enter. As long as you have significantly contributed to your piece musically in some way (e.g. composing, playing an instrument, singing) then it is acceptable. You can also cover songs, which means that you perform or arrange your own version of an existing song, such as one from a video game. Original pieces are welcome as well.
  2. Songs should follow the week's prescribed theme, though creative interpretation is definitely allowed. Entries are highly unlikely to be denied based on a lack of relation to the theme except in extreme cases, so please don't be afraid to enter because you are afraid that your entry deviates from the theme too much. Every five weeks, the competition theme is Freestyle, where entrants are allowed to submit any musical piece they have created.
  3. All entries should be sent to Heroine of Time in a Private Message before the deadline. You can upload them to any kind of music-sharing website, such as YouTube, SoundCloud, or Dropbox. (Note that I usually will not respond to your Private Message unless you request that I do so or ask a question.)
  4. Voting is open to all members of the Dungeon Gaming Network, whether they entered or not. However, you may not vote for yourself, and any suspected cheating (such as asking friends to vote for you unfairly) may result in disqualification. The voting period lasts until one day before the original due date for the next round's entries (usually 13 days from the posting of the newest round).
  5. Winners are given a ribbon for their Awards Showcase and their name is added to the Hall of Fame. In the event of a tie, both/all winners will get the reward, and their name will be put in the Hall of Fame with a note explaining that they tied.
  6. Most importantly, have fun! Despite the number of rules, this competition's main goal is to have fun and show off your creative talent. Don't be intimidated by the other entries -- get out there and make some music!

Please also consider the competition section's general rules. Send the competition leader (Heroine of Time) any further questions!
Hall of Fame (Previous Winners)
M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie), Week Six, Week Eight (Tie)
LittleGumball - Week Two, Week Eight (Tie)
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)
Nintendo_Master - Week Five
penguinboy82 - Week Seven, Week Nine, Week Ten (Tie), Week Fifteen
Pendio - Week Ten (Tie), Week Eleven, Week Twelve (Tie), Week Sixteen
Johnny Sooshi - Week Twelve (Tie)
HeroOfTime - Week Seventeen

Last edited:

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Augh, I want to enter the next one and sing... but I've got no clue what to do. I probably have all of the right stuff to do it but it would be a huge hassle, as I would have to explain to my parents why I'm doing it XD

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
ughhh mannn I never get around to doing it. Idk if i can this week cuz i have to work super hard to get my school caught up but for a few weeks. after that tho i'll be in america so i might do something with my friends there

Augh, I want to enter the next one and sing... but I've got no clue what to do. I probably have all of the right stuff to do it but it would be a huge hassle, as I would have to explain to my parents why I'm doing it XD

Totally do it. you got this yo

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I'm gonna do a Christmas remix of a Zelda song! XD

I've heard something similar to it before, but it'll be my own arrangement.

KK, your song was really neat, but also really quiet...

Squirrel

The Rodent King
KK, your song was really neat, but also really quiet...

Sorry :sad: I tried to increase the volume but the program I write on decides to make things super quiet -_-

I know that if you have a windows computer, you can go to the control panel, go to sound, double click on whatever has the green checkmark on it, and go to the enhancements tab where there is a check box labeled "Loudness Equalization" (you'll probably have to scroll down) that will help to increase the volume. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I finally got around to ordering a new camera charger, so I may be able to actually submit something this round. Not making any promises though since it's not expected to arrive until the 16th because idek why, but if it comes earlier than that then I can use it again and finally get around to entering this competition again. I like the theme, don't want to miss out.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hi, everyone. Because I have thus far only received one entry and I forgot to post my traditional reminder yesterday, I've decided to extend the deadline by one week. The new deadline is December 20th, 2014 at 11:59 PM MDT.

Therefore... there's still time to get into the holiday spirit with some music. In fact, I'm planning on recording something of my own for the first time in a while, haha, as long as no one has any objections to the competition leader entering. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom