• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Eight Entries + Week Nine Theme

Which entry did you think was the best?

• LittleGumball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M107

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Welcome to Week Nine of the Zelda Dungeon Music Competition, everyone! Glad to see you all here! I'm perhaps a bit late in posting this, and I apologize for that, but I hope you can all forgive me. We had some, ah, technical difficulties with one of the entries...

Anyway, let's begin by congratulating penguinboy82 on his win last round. He received the most votes in Week Seven's competition. Nice job, penguinboy, and we hope to hear more from you in the future! Enjoy your award! (Whenever you do receive it, haha.)

Now it's time to hear Week Eight's entries. We had two lovely compositions submitted for the two-sided theme "Past and Future".

LittleGumball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErYMLcWtQuQ&feature=youtu.be

M107
https://soundcloud.com/m107/a-candle-in-the-dark

Please listen to both pieces and vote for which one you think is the best in the poll above. And don't forget to leave constructive criticism!

Now let's discuss Week Nine, shall we? This installment of the music competition's theme will be...

Video Games!

I decided on this theme due to E3 coming up next week. We're all gamers here, and as musicians, I figured there's no better way than to celebrate one of the most anticipated gaming events than create music honoring it. Obviously this caters to the people who like to make covers of video game songs -- and you're open to covering absolutely anything from a video game, as far as I'm concerned -- but if you prefer to write original music, feel free to be a bit more creative with the theme and do something that's more inspired by gaming as a whole, or by a particular genre. Please send me a private message with your song by June 14th, 2014 at 11:59 PM MDT. As always, I wish you all the best of luck!

Hall of Fame (Previous Winners)
M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie), Week Six
LittleGumball - Week Two
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)
Nintendo_Master - Week Five
penguinboy82 - Week Seven

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I really enjoyed M107's. Towards the middle, I got a Majora's Mask like feeling, and it just sounded really cool the whole time.

LittleGumball's, as I'm sure he was aiming for, reminded me of a really primitive era, perhaps in a village perched on a mountainside or volcano.

Although I did enjoy both, I feel like Gumball's better captured the essence of the theme. Good entries from both competitors, though!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Entries are due tonight, and I don't plan on making an extension this time. I only have one entry at the moment, however, so I hope hear more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom