• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition (Revived!): Week 1 Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Zelda Dungeon Music Competition, 3rd movement! (As the wonderful Miss LittleGumball has so aptly named it.) I've asked to take over the Community Music Competition for Johnny Sooshi, since he's been really busy and hasn't been able to keep up with it. I'm happy to present the first week of the new competition.

The rules remain the same. One every two weeks (which is the current plan for how often the contest will take place; this may change depending on the amount of entries received) I will post a thread with the entries from the previous week and a new theme that entries must follow. Spectators and contestants alike may vote on the accompanying poll for whose entry they believed is the best, but contestants may not vote for themselves. Click here for the general contest rules, and the original music competition rules (created by Johnny) are found here. Anyone is welcome to enter!

Week One's Theme:

FREESTYLE!

As a way to start up the competition and welcome every potential musician, week one will be a free opportunity to enter any type of music you'd like. It can be a cover or original composition, and you can use any medium you'd like to create it. YouTube and Dropbox are some of the popular ways to submit it. Please PM all of your entries to me before January 25th, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Good luck, everyone! ^^

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
If only I had some music recording software. I don't want to use YouTube or record myself cause the sound quality of recording yourself on video is pure ****. I want a clear sound to my music. Not some crappy sound quality from recording myself.

Oh well...

Heroine of Time

I'd say go for it anyway! I've always used an iPad and YouTube to record myself, and I've generally done pretty well. As long as you play well, quality really doesn't matter too much. (You should have heard my Ballad of the Wind Fish performance... there was this AWFUL buzzing sound in the background when I played loudly, haha.)

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Well, if you say so. Maybe I'll go for it.

Can you give me a link to that video. I'd like to see it. I love Ballad of the Windfsh.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Yay! Glad to hear this is up and running again! ^^ I've been slacking on my instrument playing as of late, so this will give me the inspiration I need to begin practicing.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Glad to hear! :D

The video is right here. You can definitely hear the buzzing later in the song, haha.

DAYUM! That brought a tear to my eye.

Bro, you are truly talented! I swear I don't know how people learn to play the harp. It's looks so complicated to learn. I only know how to play piano and guitar. That's it.

Anyways, a million likes to you for that video! GOOD JOB!

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Oh, finally! I've been waiting forever for this to get on the road again, and I'm so glad it is. I'll need to find a good song for my first piece! Time to start practicing!

Heroine of Time

Just a reminder: all entries are due to me by the end of tomorrow. I hope we get some more participants! I currently have M107 and penguinboy82's entries.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, I did record an entry, but my throat was really sore so it didn't go very well... I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get something better; if not, I'm afraid I'll have to back out of this round. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom