• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Android App

would you like a iOS/Android App for ZD

• Total voters
Im not sure if this is in the correct forum but I think it is.

Who all thinks it would be amazing if there was a zelda dungeon Android app or at least a mobile site for zelda dungeon for people like me who use there Android to get on.
I have a HTC Droid Incredible By Verizon and my phone is big enough for the regular site but a mobile site would be nice to have or an Android app.

Who all agrees

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
50% of the time I'm on here, I'm using my iPod Touch. I definitely agree that a mobile site or iOS/Android app would be pretty sweet. I've actually been wanting the same thing for a decent while... thanks for bringing it up!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Sure, it would be a nice gadget to have, but how different would it be from just saving a bookmark of the site on your device, and then just going to it? You see what I mean? And to be honest, Zelda Dungeon is far less popular than some websites that don't even have their own apps. So chances of this happening would be pretty low.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I own the Motorola Droid 2, and the site works just fine on my phone. While having an application would be a convenience, it wouldn't be much different from the actual forums. I'm not certain that there can be such a thing as a vBulletin SDK for Android, but it would be kinda cool.

I remember talking a long while ago about having a mobile version of the site, but I figured out it would be difficult to do, for every single page would have to be reprogrammed to be friendly for phones. Honestly, on the more powerful phones, like the 1GHz+ Android-powered phones or the iPhone, there really isn't much a need for a mobile version of ZD. It'd be kinda cool, but I'm not certain if it's truly needed.

J

javooooo

Good News Everybody :D

Good news everyone :D

I just got permission from Mases that I could develop an Android app for this site.

I have already started developing, and so far I've added the following features:
-Read blog posts on the go
-Listen to ZD podcasts
-Watch walkthrough videos from the YouTube channel
-View the latest artwork from the DevianArt Gallery
-Twitter live feed

All of the features above are available in the app.

I'm currently adding the following features:

-Offline viewing of walkthroughs
-Access to Facebook page

I envisage the app will be available for download within 1-2 weeks, after the necessary bug testings have taken place. The app will launch in Beta form.

Should the succeed on the Android platform, I will port it over to iOS, where I can possibly include more features like a mobile social network.

The app will be available free with ads. (Not annoying ones, I promise :D)

If you have any questions, please send me a PM or reply to this post. I'll be creating a thread regarding the app soon, and will post the link here. :)

Check out the attachments for a sneak peak into the app. App is running in the SDK emulator, framed in Google Nexus 1. Google Nexus 1 image copyright Google and HTC.

DevianArt.jpgBlog.jpgPodcasts.jpgSplashScreen.jpgYouTube.jpg

[EDIT: Sorry about the small upload size, I uploaded them in a bigger size, they must be scaled down by the forum software.]

I'm a relatively new member to the forums (I've used the actual website for ages), so please +REP me if you like the look of the app, and can't wait for it to be released!
-Javooooo

Last edited by a moderator:

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
I think i'd get it. Would I be able to get it for Iphone? Also, it would be nice if with an internet connection we could access forums, groups, etc.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
After getting my HTC Evo yesterday (using it now :D), I've learned to agree with Petman here. A mobile site/app would be really nice, but not necessary by any means. Oh, and is that app coming along?

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
No I would not like to have one. I don't like or even care for this whole Android /IOS crap. I think it's a waste and cell phones should never have allowed any of this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom