• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda DLC and Expansions

Sorry Nintendo, you don't get the benefit of the doubt with Zelda DLC. This series has been going in the wrong direction since 2007, and the burden of proof is all on BOTW to decide if I'm really still a fan of this series. No way in hell I'm going for any DLC until I've beaten the game and loved every second of it. If BOTW doesn't turn out to be an A-list game for the ages that brings the franchise back to glory, you'll get no money from me.

If I end up thinking the game is amazing and worth the wait, sure, I'll shell out for DLC. I've loved previous Nintendo DLC (Fire Emblem and Mario Kart specifically), so it'll probably be done well at the very least. But if I hate the game, it doesn't matter either way.

Y'know, now that I think about it... I can't be too mad that they're putting a price on additional dungeons and story. Not now that I own a copy of the Hyrule Historia that cost me about 30-40 bucks brand new... I'm being a hypocrite by saying I seriously dislike having to pay extra for more to the story, aren't I? o_0

I am against DLC on just about any single player game. Once the game hits store shelves it is complete.The only way a single player game will satisfy me is if it adds on to the map, changes certain areas, or adds different weather in the game. The hard mode should be stocked with the oringal game period!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
So we've got a lot of info and it's better than I think anyone was expecting.

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

Nintendo said:
Trial of the Sword
When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new "Trial of the Sword" challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword awakens.

Hero's Path Mode
This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less traveled.

Hard Mode
In Hard Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!

Travel Medallion
Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.

More Armor
There are 8 treasure chests placed around Hyrule containing armor themed after previous The Legend of Zelda titles. Watch for tips as to the whereabouts of these chests as you travel around Hyrule.

Korok Mask
The Korok Mask is also hidden in a treasure chest somewhere in the world. While wearing this mask, it shakes whenever Link is near a hidden Korok location. There are 900 Koroks hiding in Hyrule, so this should help you discover quite a few of them.

Hard mode is also rumored to introduce a new tier of enemies, Gold monsters. Gold Lynels maybe? The Trial of the Sword sounds like a great challenge and the Hard Mode is beyond my expectations.

Also, Tingle outfit. game of the year

Last edited by a moderator:
05_tinglesoutfit.jpg

Damn @BlackWolf//WhiteAngel you called it wtf

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Hard mode seems good. Rest seems boring for the most part.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Nope. Not quite CDPR's Blood and Wine aka Witcher 3.5 but I admit I expected less.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom