• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Zelda: Descent Into Madness

Majora's Cat

How about that
I'm sorry for anyone growing impatient with Descent Into Madness and Twin Chronicles. I'm trying to find the right mood to make the stories epic, but I can't seem to find my stride. I'll be writing chapters soon, though. I'm sorry for my inactivity. :)

Majora's Cat

How about that
I know you've all been waiting, so I present to you... the next chapter in Descent Into Madness!

Chapter 2
Alex Embria

Poder and Link walked home, laughing. Corei stood at the door with an elated grin.
“Welcome home, boys. Going sparring today?” Corei asked.
“Nah. Poder says he’s meeting up with a friend from class later,” Link said, his smile fading to a frown. “What would you be doing with Alex that’s more important than practicing fighting?”
Poder laughed and patted Link on the back. “Silly brother. I don’t really know what’s up with Alex, but if he wants me, he gets me.”
Link nodded in understanding, and then stepped in the house while Poder ran off. Poder dashed through the vast Hyrule Field, trees and bushes littering the expanses of Hyrule’s center. Alex lived off in Eastern Hyrule near Zora’s Domain. Alex had always been rather close to the brothers because they were in the same class, but was never really associated with them in another way. Poder ran and ran through the vast land... and imagined of how one day he would be a hero. A worshipped leader - a god.

---

“Ah, I see you’ve arrived, friend. Welcome, welcome,” Alex spoke from inside of the house.
Poder stood still, his feet placed in front of the door. Seconds passed by with no other words exchanged, then the door creaked open and Alex’s thin head poked out. “Have a seat, have a seat.”
Poder stepped foot inside Alex Embria’s house. A moose head on a plague hung above the small stone fireplace, embers still crackling. The home was nice and dainty - similar to that of most middle-class villagers. A few armchairs were spread out around the room, but something else caught Poder’s eye.
“What’s that?” Poder asked as he pointed at a small robe that hung on a coat rack.
“Ahh, that is why I’ve brought you here,” Alex explained as he walked over towards the cloak. He took it off the coat rack and tossed it towards Poder. “Catch!”
Poder stumbled back and caught the robe, startled. “What is this thing? Aren’t you a bit old to be playing “Link and Ganondorf”?”
“I suppose...” Alex chuckled smartly. “But it isn’t to play a simple child’s games. It is a sign that I am aligned with a certain group.”
Poder slightly tiled his head, then shot Alex a confused look. “Huh?”
Alex paced around the room, his teeth biting down on his thumbnail. “You see, Poder... I know of your true spirit. I feel it during class. I feel your ambition. I fully comprehend whatever your desires are, and I’m here to help you.”
Poder glared at Alex suspiciously, then nodded reluctantly. “Go on...”
“You can have all of that if you wish. Do you want to seize your dreams, Poder?”
He nodded once again, this time with more enthusiasm.
“Good. My group’s goal is to one day resurrect a powerful being, more powerful than you could ever perceive. That being envisioned a... different Hyrule, eyes set on dominating it. Unfortunately our great hero was struck down by a run-of-the-mill Hylian man who came as if from nowhere. So it fell, and our job is to resurrect this great being... resurrect it so Hyrule can be once again restored to its former glory. With your help, we will become strong. With your help, Poder... we will rule Hyrule.”
Poder guffawed psychotically and clapped his hands together. “I’ll think about it.”
“That’s a good boy,” Alex said as he halted his pacing and sat in a chair. “Meet me at midnight tomorrow if you wish to join. There are great things that can be accomplished with your help, Poder.”
He smiled curiously, then a bug of a question zipped into his head. “What is your group called?”
Embria’s twisted smile disappeared and a menacing look spread across his face. After a moment of silence, he finally whispered the answer. “The cult”.

Last edited:

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I like your writing style. It has a kind of edge that you don't see on a daily basis here.

Just one problem: the Hero needs to be pure of heart, rather than mocking and scornful of people. That's just how it is. That's one reason, I believe, that Link never speaks in the games.

Besides that, great job! I look forward to reading more later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom