• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Zelda Crossovers

Ganondork

goo
We are seeing Nintendo making crossover titles, with the Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem crossover announced, and with Hyrule Warriors taking elements from Dynasty Warriors. So the question I have today is this: would you be interested in Zelda having any crossover titles with other games? And if so, what games would you want to be crossed over with? What elements from each respective game would you like to see implemented? And if you don't want Zelda to be crossed over with another game, why not?

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
I think Zelda should crossover with Call of Duty, to create the best game of all time.

Nah, though I think it would be cool if there was a more open ended. Someting you can keep playing after you kill the boss.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I once wrote a crossover fan fiction between Ocarina of Time and Shadow of the Colossus, but I'm not sure it would work as a game. (The point of my writing was to explore a "pure" hero doing the things a character with more gray morality in a more morally-ambiguous game had to do). Also, SotC is Sony and old news by now.

Why is it that I can see Link, Zelda and other characters befriending and using pokemon? That would be a weird crossover, but interesting.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Zelda and EarthBound. Young Link and Ness as the main heroes and two worlds to explore. Searching for Eight Melodies in the game sounds interesting - some of them could be hidden in Hyrule. Final boss - what about Giygas crossed with Ganondorf? I could call him Giyganon.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Hmm... See, I've been wanting a Zelda/Sonic crossover for a while. Ha ha, yeah, what a surprise. But no seriously, think about it. Demise escapes to Mobius, posesses Eggman and gives him magics. The goddesses give the Triforce to Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, and the Hyrulian holders' spirits are sent in the Triforce pieces to be their helper fairies. Yes, Knuckles has to deal with Ganindorf. That's a plot point. Anyway, Hyrule monsters and stuff start filling Mobius, terrorizing people and all, and turning old bases into Sonic-y Temples. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles go through these in a sword-fight, magic-y running sort of way, a good mix between Zelda and Sonic playstyles, and get the Chaos Emeralds. They exorcise Eggman with them, but Demise just posesses Knuckles. With him and Ganondorf in the echidna's head, he turns evil and kidnaps Tails, for both Tails and Zelda reasons. Sonic then has to find the Seven Sages, who are all more minor Sonic characters, and go through more temples and stuff before finally having the power to banish Demise back to Hyrule and save Mobius from this otherworldly threat.

Boom. Nintendo, Sega, make it bleeping happen.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
SKYRIM!!!!!!!!! Do I need to even explain myself?

maxresdefault.jpg

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Spyro. The Legend trilogy, the one that consists of A New Beginning, The Eternal Night, and Dawn of the Dragon. I remember an article on the main site about how it's similar to Zelda.

As far as a plot idea goes...well, some of the enemies in the Legend of Spyro trilogy resemble humans with armor. And, there is no sign of thriving humans anywhere, so they must be extinct, and those enemies must be undead things. So, since time travel is often explored in Zelda...would it be too farfetched to assume this world is Hyrule, eons into the future? It might be since the Legend of Spyro world has two moons...but, maybe it gained another moon. I don't know if planets can up and do that all of a sudden, but meh, it's fantasy.

Maybe a scientist or group of scientists pulls a Jurassic Park and brings back a bunch of humans...one being the holder of the ancient triforce of courage. Kind of like in Ripto's Rage where they needed a dragon to defeat the evil guy, only the other way around, this evil can't be defeated by dragons, they need a human...idk.

Sheik

:the:
I don't see any problem with Zelda crossing over with other franchises, as long as the crossover games are non-canon spinoffs, basically.

I think it'd be cool for Zelda to cross over with:

Metroid
Zelda and Metroid have somewhat similar gameplay structures, so I think a crossover between them wouldn't be a half bad idea. Maybe Samus lands in the mysterious land of "Hyrule" to hunt down some...thing... and stuff happens... lolidk.

Monster Hunter
I'd be okay with regular Monster Hunter gameplay with Zelda twists, like Zelda locations and enemies. Maybe you'd have to reach each monster by traveling more dungeon-based maps instead of your regular Monster Hunter maps.

Mortal Kombat
FINISH HIM!!
*Link slices off Kaepora Gaebora's head in one fell swoop*
*blood pours*
FATALITY!!

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

What about Faxanadu? Ganon and the Evil One could be banished at the same time and merge into something grotesque, using their power to merge Hyrule and the World Tree together and Link & the unnamed Hero had to work together to stop them.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I'd like to see Zelda X Fire Emblem. Have the RPG element of Fire Emblem with the gameplay and combat of Zelda. It could work, yo. Or we can go Zelda X Soul Calibur again, that was awesome.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I think a Story heavy, like as deep as final fantasy story, Legend of Zelda RPG. Go through the whole timeline and there can be three different game endings, depending on your performance at the end of the OoT portion of the game. It will do a lot of good at letting them Fill the gaps between game and make it cannon. I know this is not really a Crossover but i mean its a crossover as far as genres just like Hyrule Worriers. And i think a lot of great Zelda fans would like it, as long as they could find an EXTREMELY active battle system to make you feel like you are actually doing the moves instead of giving commands.

Im all about this and i would love to see some sort of LoZ RPG game come to us in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom