• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Zelda Character(s) Deserving Of A Spin-Off

Mario aside, Nintendo rarely creates spin-offs for its major franchises. Zelda is no exception. Across the franchises's over 25 year life span, the sole spin offs have been the Tingle games released solely in Japan and Link's Crossbow Training for the Wii.

Focusing on the former, are there any characters in Zelda who should return for a game of their own? Nintendo tried the idea before with Wario from Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins and ultimately created two new series-Wario Land and Wario Ware. If a Zelda spin-off centering around a character were created, would you prefer it be an isolated title or should Nintendo create an entirely new splinter franchise from Zelda-a franchise following Groose, for example?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Despite this being very ironic, I think Zelda is very deserving of a spin-off herself. And what a shame; she underperforms in her own series that bears her name.

Anywho...my point is, the Zelda character could use a spin-off of her own. Make her the heroine, but this time, do it right. (CDI games were wrong).

octorok74

TETTAC
I would say a cucco. Think about it. They are in pretty much every game and they are awesome. You could maybe try to not get picked up by kids and then you can decide to terrorize a town by initiating a swarm. It's awesome. Or you could go all OoA on people and shrink or grow depending on what you want to do.

Zelda herself, i believe she could be make a wonderful adventurer... look at the artwork for the re-imagining of Wand of Gamelon (re-named Staff of Gamelon) to see some wonderful versions of a rough and ready and very brave looking Zelda. I'm sure nintendo could make whatever they want out of Zelda herself and retain all of her magic. Just a shame that they won't.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Zelda had a few game for CD-i, I believe...LINK I don't know if they were any good, because I've never played a single one of them, but I think that would count as her getting her own spinoff.

But I see what people are saying. Put a spinoff on an actual CONSOLE, right. I'd like the idea of using Zelda, maybe switching out between Sheik and Zelda form (SSB style!), and having her own personal story, finding corruption in the kingdom, her father the King in danger (not necessarily Ganon related), or other things she must do. Where was she hiding out for seven long years? Where's THAT adventure? I'd get that game.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Have you all forgotten him? He is the most under-appreciated character in Zelda. Sheik. Fans know him from OoT. Non-fans know him from SSB. He has so much potential, and yet he doesn't get any new appearances. I wanted him to be as common as Zelda herself in terms of number of appearances. Sheik some sort of game of his own. A fighting, stealth, or simply Zelda-style game on the 3DS. Zelda as a Sheikah warrior should get more popularity than he does. Am I right?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Definitely Midna from Twilight Princess...

Such a great character and I would love to see more of her, sadly I don't see her returning in the world of Hyrule but who is to say she can't have her own spin off title? Midna in many ways shows signs of Courage, Wisdom and Power, she would be a great character to control with her many mysterious powers it would certainly make for some great combat. Also since Midna is a very deep character herself it would be interesting to see her personality shine through as the protagonist as we rarely see any personality from our hero Link.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Certainly, I think that Midna is the most deserving character. However, seeing as how c00l covered virtually everything in regards to her, I'm going to cite Groose. The Groosenator, as silly as it is, could actually be the focus of a compelling spin-off series. You know, you could craft your own tracks, add upgrades to your device, choose from a variety of different ammunition types. The possibilities are endless, guys, I'm tellin' you.
tongue.gif

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Aside from an actual Legend of Zelda...

I think a cute DS sailing/pirate game starring Ayll would be fun. She strikes me as a plucky future-adventurer.

A game featuring Midna having to re-take her kingdom or something was another suggestion for a side-character game I once had.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Rare Addict said:
The Groosenator, as silly as it is, could actually be the focus of a compelling spin-off series. You know, you could craft your own tracks, add upgrades to your device, choose from a variety of different ammunition types. The possibilities are endless, guys, I'm tellin' you.
tongue.gif
Sounds like fun...but it would probably end up being a bit like Angry Birds lol.

Shadsie said:
I think a cute DS sailing/pirate game starring Ayll would be fun. She strikes me as a plucky future-adventurer.
Someone on Deviant Art made her just that. Likefireneedsair if you want to look them up. They also gave Link epic facial hair, and he has his own pirate crew, and meets up with Tetra at times for...romance sessions. During our conversation, we determined that if Tetra ended up preggers(which she will eventually if that keeps up), it would scare the bejeezus out of them for like a month or so, lol. Aryll would wonder what the big deal was and be excited about being an aunt. Then Link and Tetra would get used to the situation and their kid would grow to be just as awesome as its parents. I think Likefireneedsair will probably draw that kid...they said they might.

To add to the list of ideas here, Beedle. It would be one of those tycoon sim games. You'd set prices and all that, and maybe kick people out if they dont buy stuff at the risk of losing profit because people don't come.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Sounds like fun...but it would probably end up being a bit like Angry Birds lol.

Someone on Deviant Art made her just that. Likefireneedsair if you want to look them up. They also gave Link epic facial hair, and he has his own pirate crew, and meets up with Tetra at times for...romance sessions. During our conversation, we determined that if Tetra ended up preggers(which she will eventually if that keeps up), it would scare the bejeezus out of them for like a month or so, lol. Aryll would wonder what the big deal was and be excited about being an aunt. Then Link and Tetra would get used to the situation and their kid would grow to be just as awesome as its parents. I think Likefireneedsair will probably draw that kid...they said they might.

To add to the list of ideas here, Beedle. It would be one of those tycoon sim games. You'd set prices and all that, and maybe kick people out if they dont buy stuff at the risk of losing profit because people don't come.

One of my fanfictions practically starred her - trying to get a time-displaced Hero of Time back to his era with her big brother in tow. "Time's Castaway" was more Aryll's adventure than anything. *Grin.* So, I like her and think of her as a plucky adventure-girl.

Aryll, definitely Aryll. She could have her own little adventures when her brother is away, like what was she doing after Link freed her. That'd be a fun idea to see her on adventure during that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom