• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Brain Farts

Have you ever done something in a Zelda game, only to realize you forgot to get/do something important?

During my second playthrough of TP, I was about to go beat up Armogomah, when I realized I forgot the stinking boss key and had to go all the way back up to get it.

I had just stepped into Woodfall last night and forgot to get the Great Fairy Mask. D'oh! XO

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I think boss keys or regular keys are a big ol brain fart. Most recently i am replaying Oracle of Ages and i got stuck at a door right before the boss room i had the boss key so i couldn't understand what was wrong, turns out i had visited one room and had forgotten to pick up the key needed to proceed.

Probably the biggest has been in MM where i've forgotten the Light arrows and actually left the temple thinking i had them. Same temple but with a stray fairy. it was an easy to get one and i overlooked so bad.

I was doing the Wind Temple in WW for the hundredth-plus time and when i got up to the stone door that Makar needs to play his song in front of I realised that I'd forgotten him. He was waaaaaaaay at the beginning of the dungeon, so i needed to go all the way back for him. It was annoying and the first time i'd actually forgotten him.

I was doing the Wind Temple in WW for the hundredth-plus time and when i got up to the stone door that Makar needs to play his song in front of I realised that I'd forgotten him. He was waaaaaaaay at the beginning of the dungeon, so i needed to go all the way back for him. It was annoying and the first time i'd actually forgotten him.

Oh no that sucks!

Nonsense. We'd all like to permanently drop her off somewhere and proceed without her. ;)

Ah you see that's the thing! I forgot I needed her. I just continued through the whole area until the part where you need to throw her. I was doing so well on my own too.

One time I was fed up with her and threw her and she slid on her butt and right off the ledge to the lower area I had thrown her from. That was a facepalm moment.

I think boss keys or regular keys are a big ol brain fart. Most recently i am replaying Oracle of Ages and i got stuck at a door right before the boss room i had the boss key so i couldn't understand what was wrong, turns out i had visited one room and had forgotten to pick up the key needed to proceed.

Probably the biggest has been in MM where i've forgotten the Light arrows and actually left the temple thinking i had them. Same temple but with a stray fairy. it was an easy to get one and i overlooked so bad.

The Oracle games have some of the biggest dungeons in the series. That was perfectly justifiable.

Ah you see that's the thing! I forgot I needed her. I just continued through the whole area until the part where you need to throw her. I was doing so well on my own too.

One time I was fed up with her and threw her and she slid on her butt and right off the ledge to the lower area I had thrown her from. That was a facepalm moment.

And you woulda continued doing good too, if it weren't for that meddling princess.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I'm bad to walk right past bombable walls and locked doors when they are at the bottom of the screen in the 2D games like ALttP and LA. Also, in ALBW, I kept forgetting I could merge into walls all the way through my first playthrough. DOH!!!

My biggest brainfart was in my last playthrough of LA, where i forgot marin for some reason. I spent 5 mins figuring out how to get to the desert, until I glitched into it lol

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I spent a ridiculously long time solving a puzzle in the Arbiter's Grounds in TP, where you make a chandelier fall around you to progress. There's even an ident in the floor that screams "stand here" and I spent at least an hour trying to figure that out. Definitely a facepalm moment.

My first time playing SS, I realized that I needed the Hook Beetle in the Lanayru Desert. The funny thing is, I thought I had to backtrack to get it, but it was right where I was the whole time. I did maybe an hour's worth of backtracking. When I finally got the upgrade, I felt both extremely relieved and embarrassed. :oops:

Oh, and also, even after playing OoT hundreds of times, I still have brainfarts. I forget to talk to Malon twice to get the Weird Egg, and then I get to Talon and realize I don't have it, so I spend several minutes backtracking and waiting for it to hatch. If a Cucco is in front of a door, I occasionally open the door instead of picking up the Cucco. I've also forgotten Ruto recently, so I lost a minute or two.

I spent a ridiculously long time solving a puzzle in the Arbiter's Grounds in TP, where you make a chandelier fall around you to progress. There's even an ident in the floor that screams "stand here" and I spent at least an hour trying to figure that out. Definitely a facepalm moment.

My first time playing SS, I realized that I needed the Hook Beetle in the Lanayru Desert. The funny thing is, I thought I had to backtrack to get it, but it was right where I was the whole time. I did maybe an hour's worth of backtracking. When I finally got the upgrade, I felt both extremely relieved and embarrassed. :oops:

Oh, and also, even after playing OoT hundreds of times, I still have brainfarts. I forget to talk to Malon twice to get the Weird Egg, and then I get to Talon and realize I don't have it, so I spend several minutes backtracking and waiting for it to hatch. If a Cucco is in front of a door, I occasionally open the door instead of picking up the Cucco. I've also forgotten Ruto recently, so I lost a minute or two.

I did that my first run of Arbiter's Grounds. I was there for hours all frustrated. :lol:

When I was in Death Mountain, I was trying to get the last key, but totally forgot that I needed to use the ocarina to make a block appear and use it as my footing to get to the other side.

I spent about 3 hours in the scorching inferno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom