• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Boss Ideas for Zelda Wii U

Zelda bosses? One of my favourite parts of zelda. These are some bosses I would think be awesome in zelda wii u.

Maybe a sea serpent would work. It would of course have to be a boss of a dreaded water temple. You could jump onto it then plant a bomb on it then jump off.

Of course it needs a giant spider boss fight like in the tech demo like a gohma. You could use the hookshot and the iron boots to pull it down and then for another phase you could strike the legs to reveal a weak point.

I would like a boss that would need you to be strategic in the wii u game.

What bosses would you guys want and maybe you agree with my idea but not with the strategy with beating it.

The boss I want is dead king in a pyramid like course who is just an extremely difficult sword fighter. You have to use all of your skills to hit his weakpoints, which he gaurds very well. And it takes a lot of hits to kill him.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I want a recurring boss like Aghanim, except he always uses a sword, direction of swords may or not be important, has other tricks up his sleeve and utilizes them throughout his appearances.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I am getting sick and tired of seeing bosses where their weakspot being their eye. SS had several bosses like that (Tentalus, Moldarach, Scaldera, and Bilocyte). I just want them to be creative when they make their bosses. If they want one boss with an eye for a weakspot, fine, but I definitely don't want to see more than that.

I want an effing superboss. Which I've said before. Zelda could use a superboss though. You know, one of them ones that are just stupidly hard. Way beyond the difficulty of the final baddie. And I think something like that would be really cool in Zelda, because the difficulty of bosses in a Zelda game is not dependent on hit points and defense... you can't just level grind and spam Knights of the Round, as it were... it requires skill. And I'm always down with extra challenges. As for what the boss could actually be...? No clue. Maybe a Kurt Zisa type fellow that spins around and jumps and such. Could be neat. Enh.

Mido

Version 1
I would like to see a boss that is similar in style to Bongo-Bongo, with a creepy environment and all. A boss like Stallord (in terms of innovation for bosses) would be nice to see, too. I hope Nintendo really puts on their thinking caps for this game! I anticipate great things!

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
I would like to see something like Facade. Maybe not necessarily in Zelda WiiU though... Here's my idea:

The boss would be like an evil spirit possessing the temple/boss room. As Link would enter the boss room, which would be a large square/rectangular room with a low ceiling, the entrance would just disappear, i.e. be blocked by tiles that look just like the wall. Then, Facade's face would appear somewhere on the floor/ceiling, it would taunt Link, and the battle would begin. I'm not exactly sure how should it be, but the idea is that Facade would be possessing the room, and would make tiles fly at Link, holes appear in front of him, etc. The goal would probably be waiting until the face appears somewhere, then damaging it in a way.

To make it even more epic, Facade could possess the whole dungeon. Maybe its presence would be seen while progressing through it, but it would only show itself when you reach the boss room. Then, after the first half of the battle would be finished, Facade would seem to die/disappear, and the entrance would open, but when Link would exit the room, it would come back and try to hinder your escape. I'm not sure how that would work, as a simple escape sequence would be boring... Maybe the whole dungeon would be the stage of the battle. With all the pathways open (except for the exit).

BTW, I'm referring to Facade as "it", but I'm not sure if it's correct.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I don't really know enough about the Wii U's capabilities to come up with something super-inventive that would take advantage of the Wii U's gameplay, but...
Maybe some sort of huge underwater boss with multiple eyes that you have to hit.

Or Stallord...

Some sort of a very powerful Wizzrobe.

Maybe with powers like fire control, teleportation, summoning etc.
To defeat it, you would need help from a friendly spellcaster.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A desert overworld boss. A giant Molgera being ridden by an iron knuckle, you have to hookshot onto its back and fight the iron knuckle whilst it flies through the air.

I want to see bosses that progressively use all of the elements from the game. Say in the first dungeon, it is a fire dungeon, so the boss for that dungeon uses fire elements and the weapon you got in that dungeon. Say in the third dungeons you've done the fire, ice, and water dungeons, so the boss uses elements from the fire, ice, and water dungeons and you have to use all 3 of the weapons you got. I feel like that would be cool, probably impossible to pull off, but cool. also, sorry if this was hard to understand!

I also want an indestructible metal/electricity boss- kind of like koloktos from skyward sword in the indestructible shield type element of him.

And an ice boss, I really like the ice/snow dungeons.

I'd like some creepier bosses, soemthing that looks like it could do some serious damage rather than showing off their weakspot and looking like theyre on loan from disney.

I'd like some big bosses, Ghirahim in SS kind of proved to me that Zelda works best when the bosses tower over Link, they should feel like events and hard fought battles.

I'd like some bosses to be more of a situation fight than something you take on in a room. Kind of like one of the bosses in Dead Space two when it is crawling after you and you've got to slow it down. I'd like some StoC style bosses aswel especially the kind like Gaius where you have to break down its armour before taking on its weak spot. The bigger the better too.
I'd liek to see something like Thardus in Metroid Prime, something with some weather conditions that make it difficult to see.

Some clever bosses too or bosses that know how to heal themselves like the Phazon Pirates in prime, i dont really care what forms the bosses take but creepy/scary/intimidating would be best, i just want a boss fight to feel like one.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, here's what I don't want: huge monsters with a very obvious weak point. That's all SS had (with the exception of Ghirahim and Demise), and I thought it was a little bit overused (even in TP and OOT, but less so). I think we need smaller, more humanoid bosses, like Ghirahim. Maybe some recurring, but not like Ghirahim or The Imprisoned or King Bublin (less so with the latter because the battle was different almost every time). We can still have some large monsters, but don't go overboard. I also think it would be nice to go back to what Majora's Mask did, which was give multiple different ways to defeat the bosses. Not one of the bosses in MM had a really obvious weak point, and they could all be defeated using multiple different methods (although that was mostly with the help of the transformation masks)

M

Majora's411

I think a big Moldorm that you have to climb up ala Shadow of the Colossus, then smash his armor and destroy his body, one by one. The sand becomes quicksand, then you've gotta use your double clawshots to dodge him, or, before he attacks, clawshot in his mouth and slash his tongue. Creative and challenging

Like Ghirahim! He was one of the few things I liked about Skyward Sword. But, don't make it repetitive.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Something that doesn't involve a ton of the tired old formula

DO WHILE boss=living
  • Use item
  • Stun boss
  • Whack-a-boss
LOOP

Get Heart Container

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom