• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda at E3 2015

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
1) Going by how Miyamoto talking about it, yes it does.

2) Yes, which basically supports my point (especially in logic of how Nintendo's done things), which is why I included it.

3) No, they did talk about unifying their two platforms. All you did was arrange the same quote I used to make it look like you were right when you're not. Geez, how stubborn can you get? You're even cheating now too? Really?

In case you're wondering how I figured it out, allow me to demonstrate:

Here's the quote I used again:

Here's yours:

Notice how they look similar with similar words? Well:

Because they are the same quote! Honestly, I no idea you would take to such a desperate measure to try and prove me wrong. Seriously.

4) That could be fixed with the power of a hybrid console, especially one that is made by Nintendo, since they actually know how to make a good console.

5) Is this supposed to be some kind of mockery joke?

6) I know that. Did you not see when I mentioned that it was an old video? Also making the article obviously old two. Seriously, you think I'm that stupid?

7) Yes, I know that. The fact Nintendo thinks the Wii U won't and can continue is exactly why they will fail. That and the fact that they're going to make us wait until at least 2017 before we see anything new of Zelda from them ever! By then, people will going through Zelda withdrawal (at least, when it's official Zelda anyways), which will be bad!!

So basically, Nintendo is killing both the Wii U and the Zelda franchise without even realizing it! Probably, the one of Nintendo who's likely to be aware is Aonuma, judging by the worried look on his face as he's concerned for his fans for when they reacted.

Please give me the quote where anyone said Zelda isn't coming until 2017. Actually, there hasn't even been a quote saying it's not going to be 2015, it's just implied. It's not a priority for it to come out in 2015 anymore is the term they used. Saying it like it's a fact doesn't make it so. You seem like you don't realise that. And just because some guy on YouTube says something doesn't make it true either. Those guys don't have any more inside information the you or I.
Since you are basically the king of out of context quotes, it's hilarious to see you try to call someone else out on it. Unifying development environment doesn't mean unifying consoles and hand held devices, it means the environments in which they are developed is being unified. That says to me there will be more discussion and cohesion between games on future hand held devices and home consoles, such as the way Monster Hunter 3 and Smash Bros work cross platform.
Something coming out later doesn't mean it's dead. Just delayed. You don't seem to be able to understand that. If the best Zelda game ever comes out in ten years time, it will still be the best Zelda game ever, even if there's none in between now and then.
Also, I'm sorry, but it is too ironic not to point out that here:
Also making the article obviously old two. Seriously, you think I'm that stupid?
You said 'two' instead of 'too' right before you said 'do you think I'm stupid' and it made me laugh.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Please give me the quote where anyone said Zelda isn't coming until 2017. Actually, there hasn't even been a quote saying it's not going to be 2015, it's just implied. It's not a priority for it to come out in 2015 anymore is the term they used. Saying it like it's a fact doesn't make it so. You seem like you don't realise that. And just because some guy on YouTube says something doesn't make it true either. Those guys don't have any more inside information the you or I.
Since you are basically the king of out of context quotes, it's hilarious to see you try to call someone else out on it. Unifying development environment doesn't mean unifying consoles and hand held devices, it means the environments in which they are developed is being unified. That says to me there will be more discussion and cohesion between games on future hand held devices and home consoles, such as the way Monster Hunter 3 and Smash Bros work cross platform.
Something coming out later doesn't mean it's dead. Just delayed. You don't seem to be able to understand that. If the best Zelda game ever comes out in ten years time, it will still be the best Zelda game ever, even if there's none in between now and then.
Also, I'm sorry, but it is too ironic not to point out that here:

You said 'two' instead of 'too' right before you said 'do you think I'm stupid' and it made me laugh.

1) Like I said, the concerned look Aonuma's face tells me he knows we may not be able to anything new of the Zelda franchise for a long time! Meaning, the game will not come out this year or next year even. Yes, he's excited and happy he discovered new ideas while working on the game. However, he's disappointed that because of that, the game won't release in 2015 as promised. And at the same time, he is worried that the fans will hate him for making this decision. Maybe at first, the fans are just angry but that's not just what Aonuma is worried about. He's afraid that over time as the fans wait and wait to more of Zelda U, the fans will start to experience withdrawal and hate him for it. Point being, this means we may not see the game or anything Zelda releated from Nintendo for matter until at least 2017. I'm saying 2017 exactly, I'm saying at least 2017, which means, at the earliest. Heck we may see the game again until 2018 for all we know. All I have gathered so far and know, is that the game is unlikely to come this year or next year.

2) I'll just quote this again:

Miyamoto: As we move forward, we're going to look at what we can do to unify our console and portable development environments.

Yes it does!

3) If the game isn't shown again until a few years later, causing nothing else of the same franchise to be shown ever, yes it does. Because Zelda U won't come out this year or next year. Like I said in #1, Aonuma's expression from when he made the announcement says it all. He looked so unhappy in that video, almost as if he knows that the Zelda franchise could die and in that process, upsetting anyone who still has a love and a passion for the series.

4) I was angry, so the fact I mistyped in understandable. So what. I made a simple mistake because I was in a bad mood. who cares? Oh right, no one. Everyone mistypes every once in awhile, even smart people.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
1) Like I said, the concerned look Aonuma's face tells me he knows we may not be able to anything new of the Zelda franchise for a long time! Meaning, the game will not come out this year or next year even. Yes, he's excited and happy he discovered new ideas while working on the game. However, he's disappointed that because of that, the game won't release in 2015 as promised. And at the same time, he is worried that the fans will hate him for making this decision. Maybe at first, the fans are just angry but that's not just what Aonuma is worried about. He's afraid that over time as the fans wait and wait to more of Zelda U, the fans will start to experience withdrawal and hate him for it. Point being, this means we may not see the game or anything Zelda releated from Nintendo for matter until at least 2017. I'm saying 2017 exactly, I'm saying at least 2017, which means, at the earliest. Heck we may see the game again until 2018 for all we know. All I have gathered so far and know, is that the game is unlikely to come this year or next year.

2) I'll just quote this again:

Yes it does!

3) If the game isn't shown again until a few years later, causing nothing else of the same franchise to be shown ever, yes it does. Because Zelda U won't come out this year or next year. Like I said in #1, Aonuma's expression from when he made the announcement says it all. He looked so unhappy in that video, almost as if he knows that the Zelda franchise could die and in that process, upsetting anyone who still has a love and a passion for the series.

4) I was angry, so the fact I mistyped in understandable. So what. I made a simple mistake because I was in a bad mood. who cares? Oh right, no one. Everyone mistypes every once in awhile, even smart people.
Right, so your entire argument is based on your interpretation of the look on Aonuma's face? Please just read that again and realise how ridiculous it sounds.
The quote says development environments, not production.
Do you know what the term dead means? You seem to throw it around a lot. If something is under development for a lot of years it isn't dead. Game series like Sonic are dead, a game that has been done so badly so many times that it would need a serious reboot to fix it. The Wii U isn't dead, people are still buying them and playing them and great new games are still being released for it. It just isn't doing quite as well as other consoles on the market at the moment. I have a Wii U but neither an Xbox one nor Ps4 because they don't interest me.
As for spelling mistakes, you make them all the time, constantly. I was just pointing that one out because of the irony in making one right before saying 'do you think I'm stupid?'. I don't care that people use the wrong words or bad grammar or make spelling errors occasionally, I just found that one funny. If you're getting in a bad mood because of a online discussion, it's probably best to go away, cool down and then look at it again when you're chilled out.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Right, so your entire argument is based on your interpretation of the look on Aonuma's face? Please just read that again and realise how ridiculous it sounds.
The quote says development environments, not production.
Do you know what the term dead means? You seem to throw it around a lot. If something is under development for a lot of years it isn't dead. Game series like Sonic are dead, a game that has been done so badly so many times that it would need a serious reboot to fix it. The Wii U isn't dead, people are still buying them and playing them and great new games are still being released for it. It just isn't doing quite as well as other consoles on the market at the moment. I have a Wii U but neither an Xbox one nor Ps4 because they don't interest me.
As for spelling mistakes, you make them all the time, constantly. I was just pointing that one out because of the irony in making one right before saying 'do you think I'm stupid?'. I don't care that people use the wrong words or bad grammar or make spelling errors occasionally, I just found that one funny. If you're getting in a bad mood because of a online discussion, it's probably best to go away, cool down and then look at it again when you're chilled out.

1) Yes, I know what it means

2) I was talking about the franchise not the game.

3) I didn't say the Wii U is dead, I said that the Wii U is doomed to die either way so Nintendo should just put it out of it's misery before it dies in such a way that Nintendo themselves as a company may follow.

4) How?

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
1) Yes, I know what it means

2) I was talking about the franchise not the game.

3) I didn't say the Wii U is dead, I said that the Wii U is doomed to die either way so Nintendo should just put it out of it's misery before it dies in such a way that Nintendo themselves as a company may follow.

4) How?
I would be extremely worried if you didn't know what dead meant.
How does a franchise die if there is a game being made for it? It's just on hold. Like the Metroid franchise isn't dead even though the last game was 2010 and there has been no mention of a new one any time soon.
Why is the Wii U any more doomed to die than any other console? What makes you so sure? Nintendo is branching out to do more than just consoles, so why would one of their consoles 'dying' (which I don't really know what you mean by, since the Wii U is doing fine) make their entire business die?
Well, I could go through a bunch of your posts and pull out a bunch of examples, but I was literally just pointing that one out because it was funny in that context.
So I guess you're admitting your argument about Aonuma's face was ridiculous since you didn't reply to that bit. At this point I would argue anything you said because you literally told someone to 'grow a freaking brain' before just because they disagreed with your opinion.
Seriously!? WTF man!??? Grow a freaking BRAIN!!!
That right there is not cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom