• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Zelda As Your Rival?

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
So we've had some talk in the forums lately about Zelda and how we can expand upon her character in the upcoming WiiU game. And so, I've been thinking, what if Zelda was your rival? No, I don't mean that she's evil or anything, but perhaps she's also working to stop whoever the villain is just as you are. Maybe she could appear at the beginning or end, or heck even in the dungeons as you are, also trying to defeat the final boss. Think like your rival in Pokemon, except not a jerk like Gary Oak :dry:

Just an idea I'm throwing out there. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes please, I would love if Zelda was evil. Having her as a rival means two things: 1) she is ultimately useless in the end and b) she will always be on your side. That's far to cliche. We've had 16 main series Zelda titles, it's time for a decent shift in my opinion.

Oh, and I definitely don't want her "making appearances" anywhere. I want her to actively be in places - for as long as you are - perhaps gathering information from locals while Link is off dungeoneering. :/

Big Octo

=^)
That actually sounds like an interesting idea. Having some competition for Link would by a welcome addition by me. Knowing that someone else is trying to achieve the same goal as you AND before you would actually drive me to continue on. Also, it would be nice to have a few and encounters and even a few fights as well, which would go to prove who is the stronger hero(ine).

It's a green light for me. :yes:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't think this would be a very good part of the story, and it wouldn't really be very believable. Link and Zelda, the characters that they are right now, would never be rivals, they'd either be working together or one of them's turned bad, and a character 'turning bad' is also a plot-twist I don't really like unless it is masterfully executed. And, going off previous attempts, I don't think we can expect that from Nintendo.

Perhaps Link could get another form of rival, but I don't think I see one in Zelda.

Cool idea... but wasn't Tetra sort of a rival in Wind Waker -- at first? Don't mistaken me, I freakin' loved Tetra and I would love to see another Zelda game created in a similar light.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Um, the rest of Hyrule?

???
Hyrule can't be in danger unless Zelda is in danger. FACT.
LoZ, AoL, ALttP, OoT, TWW (technically), OoX, FS, FSA, TMC, TP, ST (technically), SS.
All these games feature Zelda encountering danger before the land is remotely classified as "threatened". :////

Just kidding. All of that is poor reasoning. Correlation does not imply causation. ;)

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
That could work...

I always liked the idea of her being your partner, but not like in Spirit Tracks, but kind of like a Metal Gear game with the Codec scenario. As in you can call her and she then gives you information on the item you just got if you need it. That could fix the tutorial issue. And make some comments relative to her personality about objects, puzzles, enemies etc on the side?
Heck, she could even be kidnapped and be leaking info to you via wireless communication in her cell, in this scenario.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I don't know. They always seem to work well together in the past, and making Zelda the rival eliminates the possibilites for new foils and sidekicks like we've seen with Groose and Maximillian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom