• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda and Queen

Retsdob

Retsdob
I've noticed over my years of Zelda loving that many of my fellow Zelda fans are very fond of the band Queen to a disproportionate amount. This occured to me first when I was at the ZD livestreams and in nearly everyone Queen was mention and a couple even had a bit of a conversation to this. My suspicions to this connection were confirmed by a Twilight Princess Abriged series that I gave a skim through. Not only was the video maker a fan of them, but so were the people in the comments.
It is no secret to us that one of the major appeals to Zelda is the fantastic music. Because of this Zelda seems to draw a fanbase that are more musically oriented. After investigating I've noticed that many of the instramental chords and rhythms of Zelda are very similar to those of Queen.
This thread has three main purposes:
1. A poll-like verification of Zelda fans also loving Queen-This means if you like or dis-like queen please say so.
2. To inform you of this connection
3. For feedback on whether or not you agree on this hypothesis.

Twilight

Storming Twilight
TLoZ haves just nothing with Queen. I am a Zelda fan since I was 5, and NEVER heard on the many soundtracks I heard, of any connection with Queen. Get over it.

And plus, I don't like Queen. If Zelda had any connection with it, I so much wouldn't play it.

Retsdob

Retsdob
The connections aren't as promenent in main-stream songs. I believe this doesn't at least hurts if not debunks my theory. Although logically I can't assume it is completely false yet. And...Harsh Twilight...you hurt me right in the heart-container. But seriously why would the connection of a band make you dislike Zelda? If we weren't in this forum, I'd have half a mind you were trolling. No offense or anything.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I like Queen. But I like classic rock in general.

(Back when I went to a Pokemon board, people there liked Queen) so it's probably a coincidence.

My favorite band is actually U2, which, apprently, is something I'm not supposed to admit to, but I don't really care.

I don't think there's any connection to Zelda whatsoever, just, a lot of fans of one thing also like another thing. I bet you can dig up lots and lots of Beatles fans who are also Zelda fans just because the band is old and classic and the music is ingrained in the culture we grew up in.

I've tried to make a connection to Electric Light Orechestra, though - one of their most-loved songs is "Twilight" which, strangely enough has a big following among Japanese geekery because of it's use as a theme for a science fiction/anime convention's opening ceremony animation done by the people who later created the anime studio, GAINAX. More recently, in honor of this particularl little geek-thing, a live-action series used "Twilight" as its opening theme ( "Densha Otoko" - or "Train Man" if you want to look the series up. It's a romantic-comedy series about geeks). Once, when I was playing Twilight Princess, my guy pointed out to me a suspcious looking symbol over a door in the Goron Mines that looked a lot like "ELO." - It made me wonder if Nintendo was doing a very subtle shout-out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom