• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda- A playable character in BotW 2? (speculations)

What's the possibility?

• Total voters

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I'm pretty apathetic to Zelda being a playable character in BotW 2 either way, tbh. If she isn't then hey, status quo as always. If she is then hey, that's cool. It won't make or break the game for me either way.

I do agree with TS in the sense that you can't really use Zelda's hair being shorter as evidence that she is playable. There's definitely a lot more reasons out there for making her hair shorter aside from "playable character".

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I think it could be a possibility that Zelda is playable in next one, but using hair as a main thesis for your theory is just awful. They even said an interview that they were thinking about having the protagonist of breath of the wild be female, so I'm not putting off the possibility. Just that using hair alone to give a main selling point is just ridiculous to me.
Interview? :eek::eek::ohno::ohno:which one?? I'm curious

I'd like a playable Zelda simply so she can actually DO something beyond being the damsel in distress. ST was a step in the right direction.

Then why on earth would it be called the legend of zelda? She's played a part in many titles regardless of size. The first three games she was simply the girl to save. In ocarina of time she was the one to help orchestrate the events of Link's journey.
In the Wind Waker she actually helps Link fight in the final battle and goes on to help establish New Hyrule.
Spirit Tracks Zelda is your constant companion who also helps fight.
The same occurs in Four Swords Adventures helping to fight Ganon.
In BotW she prevents Ganon from returning before Link is fully resurrected.
She has much potential and has helped saved Hyrule numerous times. To not include her would be a ridiculous idea.
I grow tired of this argument.. I know form past experiences sidekicks only get in the way.. I stand behind my feelings about Zelda being a playable character. Link= Courage so the fighter.. Zelda= Wisdom so thinker.. Ganondorf= Power so the corrupt (always wanting to over throw hyrule with his power)

Link= Courage so the fighter.. Zelda= Wisdom so thinker.. Ganondorf= Power so the corrupt (always wanting to over throw hyrule with his power)
Oh dear, now you've gone and done it GoGirl, you gonna get the angry entitled Zelda fans all riled up with this one. They gonna tell you how Nintendo could swap Zelda to courage and Link to wisdom so muh playable Zelda bubububu

Oh dear, now you've gone and done it GoGirl, you gonna get the angry entitled Zelda fans all riled up with this one. They gonna tell you how Nintendo could swap Zelda to courage and Link to wisdom so muh playable Zelda bubububu
Meh.. I don't care not going to loose any sleep over it

I'd be down for her being playable as long as co-op gameplay mechanics surrounding her aren't annoying.

Zelda should NEVER be a main character in any LOZ game.. TBH I would be very disappointed in nintendo if they made her one.. But I don't think I need to worry I am thinking they have more common sense. As far as a side kick.... HELL NO!!!
Why not? Peach has been on several occasions.

I like how assuming Zelda is associated with wisdom every time means she automatically can’t be playable.
I know right. Being the one in control of Link I'm just as offended about it too. I mean I just assume I have more wisdom than any of the brain dead npcs in the game. I solved that puzzle not them. Give Link all the Triforce and change the name of the series to better reflect the game content plz Nintendo.

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
I think it could be a possibility that Zelda is playable in next one, but using hair as a main thesis for your theory is just awful. They even said an interview that they were thinking about having the protagonist of breath of the wild be female, so I'm not putting off the possibility. Just that using hair alone to give a main selling point is just ridiculous to me.
1) They didn't give any affirmative answer to the question of zelda being the protagonist in any interview .
2) There are two reasons why Zelda's cut her hair:
a) she mourns the death of her father
b) she's gonna jump in to action and set Ganon's *** on fire .
(a) could be a possibility But there would be a question why she cut her after such a long time almost a 100 years after her father died. Thus (b) MIGHT be a reason.

Now, Urbosa sez tha the boy is a reminder of Zelda's failure.
Zelda expresses her wish of saving Hyrule on her own. But Link and Zelda seem to get along well with each other in the trailer. Hmm... suggests that she's gonna aid Link and NOT go solo

Unlike other Zelda games in which Zelda is portrayed as "Damsel in distress" , She has the look of a warrior in BotW and is keen to ave some action. The contrast in behaviour bw BotW Zelda and other stand-dumb-and-do-nothing Zeldas in many games (especially Skyward sword) is the main and solid proof for this possibility.

1) They didn't give any affirmative answer to the question of zelda being the protagonist in any interview .
2) There are two reasons why Zelda's cut her hair:
a) she mourns the death of her father
b) she's gonna jump in to action and set Ganon's *** on fire .
(a) could be a possibility But there would be a question why she cut her after such a long time almost a 100 years after her father died. Thus (b) MIGHT be a reason.

Now, Urbosa sez tha the boy is a reminder of Zelda's failure.
Zelda expresses her wish of saving Hyrule on her own. But Link and Zelda seem to get along well with each other in the trailer. Hmm... suggests that she's gonna aid Link and NOT go solo

Unlike other Zelda games in which Zelda is portrayed as "Damsel in distress" , She has the look of a warrior in BotW and is keen to ave some action. The contrast in behaviour bw BotW Zelda and other stand-dumb-and-do-nothing Zeldas in many games (especially Skyward sword) is the main and solid proof for this possibility.
The hair cutting as I mentioned previously happened with two other princesses who lost a family member and the burden turned to them to rule in the midst of war. I think that will be the in-game reason, but the actual reason would likely be for players to customize her. I know many games have mods to make females with long hair, but the clipping issue is a constant complaint by many and if Zelda is meant to be played, I can see them avoiding that complaint by adding it to her character growth. I mean if it's not an in-game reason, they could have just gave her a flowing ponytail imo.

Last edited:

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
The hair cutting as I mentioned previously happened with two other princesses who lost a family member and the burden turned to them to rule in the midst of war. I think that will be the in-game reason, but the actual reason would likely be for players to customize her. I know many games have mods to make females with long hair, but the clipping issue is a constant complaint by many and if Zelda is meant to be played. If it's not an in-game reason, they could have just gave her a flowing ponytail imo.
a mod to customize hair!?!? which game?

Or there might be another use Nintendo might try to show the flow of time by the progressive growth of Zelda's hair throughout the game (weird possibility :P)
Inspired by a manga.

a mod to customize hair!?!? which game?

Or there might be another use Nintendo might try to show the flow of time by the progressive growth of Zelda's hair throughout the game (weird possibility :P)
Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, those games have many mods for females with long hair because the hair the games made are sometimes not the greatest, especially the ones with physics.

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, those games have many mods for females with long hair because the hair the games made are sometimes not the greatest, especially the ones with physics.
But I don't think ther would be a DLC for that . Changing Zelda's hairstyle throughout the game might be a bit awkward. But one could never say ...... it's Nintendo.
Also considering the fact that zelda is becoming more and more an open world game like Skyrim!

In Japan, cutting your hair short is a symbolic act that 'represents one individual’s resolve to make a dramatic break with her own past: to divide time between “the old me” and “the me there is now”. ' Given what we know of Zelda's backstory, it's not surprising she would want to move on from the past, for a number of reasons.

That said, I do think the clipping argument holds some weight as well. It could be a practical move on the part of the developers if we are able to outfit her with different clothing and items.

So the possibilities for the haircut at this point:
a. it's only symbolic
b. it's only practical
c. it's both symbolic and practical

or d. neither: the developer's just went f*** it, let's change her hair for no reason (not likely but still possible).

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
In Japan, cutting your hair short is a symbolic act that 'represents one individual’s resolve to make a dramatic break with her own past: to divide time between “the old me” and “the me there is now”. ' Given what we know of Zelda's backstory, it's not surprising she would want to move on from the past, for a number of reasons.

That said, I do think the clipping argument holds some weight as well. It could be a practical move on the part of the developers if we are able to outfit her with different clothing and items.

So the possibilities for the haircut at this point:
a. it's only symbolic
b. it's only practical
c. it's both symbolic and practical

or d. neither: the developer's just went f*** it, let's change her hair for no reason (not likely but still possible).
Yup, the 4th option seems less likely. I'm sure that Nintendo does anything without reason
Any way thankee @Zero_Origin , fer proving a valuable argument :The cultural reason why , to forget the past .
This might be true as Zelda is aggrieved by the loss of her father and might wish to forget her past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom