• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda- A playable character in BotW 2? (speculations)

What's the possibility?

• Total voters

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Then she's important the same way Zelda has always been important to the plot: not at all.
OoT: Teaches Link all the songs as Sheik.
MM: Gives Link the Ocarina
WW: Tetra, Bow of Light
TP: Tells Link about the light spirits, gives Midna the Triforce, Bow of Light.
BotW: Holding off Ganon for 100 years.
She may be more of a background character, but that doesn't diminish her importance

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
She may be more of a background character, but that doesn't diminish her importance
honestly I'm surprised you're tenacious enough to keep arguing the same points against bowsette when they've already refused to acknowledge the points in the past lol

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I mean, while I don’t agree that she has no plot relevance whatsoever, for a series called the Legend of Zelda, she’s not as plot relevant as you’d think she would be. Having her step into a role on more equal footing with Link would be nice, or even take center stage in some instances.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

All instances in which she appears, does one thing, and then disappears. Her primary role in games is to be kidnapped and rescued. Nothing of real significance on screen.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I agree with Chevy that Zelda, while not a main playable character or anything, is an important part of the plot and an integral part of the story in most games. But for BotW to be "Go help Zelda" and Botw 2 to be "Go help Zelda again" seems cheap to me. For originality's sake there could be other avenues for Nintendo to take, such as making her playable. But if they decide to stick with the typical plan of keeping her fairly inaccessible it won't be anything new and so it won't bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom