• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda- A playable character in BotW 2? (speculations)

What's the possibility?

• Total voters

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I'd like to see a playable Zelda, why not? I think when people rally against this they're rallying against the idea of Zelda being playable and playing poorly, but there's no real reason to believe that will be the case unless the game itself is bad. Nintendo have demonstrated that they are capable of creating compelling playable characters with Link himself. Provided they put the same effort into a playable Zelda I don't see why it couldn't work.

That said, I don't think I'd want one in place of a playable Link. A dual playing system would add some interesting new mechanics to puzzle solving but I feel a playable Zelda alone would offer nothing new the the game other that story mechanics and I'd rather they didn't give such prominence to the story.
yup! They would and they should put the same effort on a playable Zelda . Yet I doubt that the game will allow you to switch between characters as yer wish like in Hyrule warriors and Twilight princess rather the game would tell ye when to change.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I was really shocked when I saw the trailer of botw 2. Zelda cut her beautiful, golden hair! Like, what??! Her hair was so pretty and long, and then she just cut it all off?! (Or maybe a monster cut it, like in my fan fiction) I don’t really care if she is a playable character or not, but if they make her the main character, well we’re going to have problems.
Link is one of the most popular, and courageous characters in Nintendo career, but if they just make him a side character just because some girls want women to have more spotlight, I won’t want to play it. Just make a other game with a headstrong female if they want, not ruin The Legend of Zelda for me. (and I’m a girl by the way) No harsh feelings, I am just worried they will ruin link games. And I like Zelda in all the Zelda games, she is so graceful and powerful, but Link is the hero, the main character, and one of my favs, they can’t just take all of that away. It would be cool to have her as a side character, so my sister and I could play together though.

It would be cool if you could play it like the LEGO games, where you can switch between them, or two people p,ay at once. I am pretty sure they are going to make her playable though, because the way she acts in the trailer really suggests it. Again, no harsh feelings. :^^:

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
Link is one of the most popular, and courageous characters in Nintendo career, but if they just make him a side character just because some girls want women to have more spotlight, I won’t want to play it.
"some girls"? Even I want Zelda to be playable. You said that she is graceful and powerful, then why not give her her chance?.
Also remember that Zelda is the rightful and Justified representation of triforce of wisdom.
You would soon get bored with messing around with melee weapons. But who knows? if Zelda is playable, she is sure to possess magic abilities. I say I stand with a playable Zelda
That's what most Zelda fans want.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
"some girls"? Even I want Zelda to be playable. You said that she is graceful and powerful, then why not give her her chance?.
Also remember that Zelda is the rightful and Justified representation of triforce of wisdom.
You would soon get bored with messing around with melee weapons. But who knows? if Zelda is playable, she is sure to possess magic abilities. I say I stand with a playable Zelda
That's what most Zelda fans want.

You misunderstand me @Giri, I completely support her being a playable character, I just don’t want her to replace link as the main. It is just that people are starting to think that women are getting better than men for some reason, when they are equal in different ways. I do want Zelda to be a playable character, just don’t take link away. I love Zelda and Link, they are my favorite some of my favorite characters in Nintendo, but if they suddenly decide in the future that Zelda is better and that she should save link and stuff, I’m like, can’t they just work together, like equals? But either the people want Zelda to be the hero, or Link, and some (like me) want both. Zelda being a playable character would be cool though, because I could play with my family. Again, I don’t want to cause an argument, because I just want peace. I don’t want to cause anger, so if people want Zelda to take over Link’s role, that is fine by me, I won’t argue, I will just treat their point of view with respect. @Giri, please don’t hate me for saying this stuff. :(

Last edited:
I would absolutely love Zelda to be a playable character. It'd be a refreshing change of pace for her to be an active hero rather then being a distressed damsel for the umpteenth time. (part of why I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors so much is she not only kicks butt, but doesn't actually get kidnapped at all!)

Since we already got the main game out of the way with BOTW, I don't think making her a playable would hurt the brand reconization or anything.

A part of me would like to see them do something like Castlevania Portrait of Ruin where Link uses weapons and Zelda uses magic in tagteam style, maybe that ghost hand Link gets causes them to fuse together or something and they gain the power to switch between each other, and the plot is about figuring out a way to separate again and beat Zombiedorf.

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
I think it'd be cool to take a q from the Arkham games and have link and Zelda separated. That way you could have concurrent plots in the same overworld that converge late game and give a reason to play as her while still being the solo hero (with separate gameplay elements.) Maybe she can be used to delve into some sheika lore while link is busy conquering temples and what not.

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
I think it'd be cool to take a q from the Arkham games and have link and Zelda separated. That way you could have concurrent plots in the same overworld that converge late game and give a reason to play as her while still being the solo hero (with separate gameplay elements.) Maybe she can be used to delve into some sheika lore while link is busy conquering temples and what not.
From the trailer, we can say that Link and Zelda are separated as the castle collapses.

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
As long as it’s not wonky and weird as the playable characters in Kid Icarus.

You know how when you start up the game(at least in the Wii U) there is this image before the start screen?

What if we have one with Zelda's? As if we play with her point of view/perspective?41944

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Breath of the Wild Zelda is easily the best version of Zelda, since she's the only one who went through any kind of character arc. I hope that not only is she playable, but that she's the sole protagonist.

GrooseIsLoose

ZD Legend
Breath of the Wild Zelda is easily the best version of Zelda, since she's the only one who went through any kind of character arc. I hope that not only is she playable, but that she's the sole protagonist.
I agree with that, it's unlikely to happen though, If Zelda is the protagonist of the game then the master sword will be cast aside. Which many people won't like.
  • The entire game mechanics should change according to Zelda, who's a female
  • We may loose master sword
  • Combat imbalance may occur
  • The absence of Link might even disrupt the narrative
I would LOVE Zelda as a main character Link has been main character for sooo loooong
I remember my cousin telling that there are 3 (maybe more now. Is that right @Cfrock ?) protagonists in Resident Evil.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I agree with that, it's unlikely to happen though, If Zelda is the protagonist of the game then the master sword will be cast aside. Which many people won't like.
  • The entire game mechanics should change according to Zelda, who's a female
  • We may loose master sword
  • Combat imbalance may occur
  • The absence of Link might even disrupt the narrative
I would LOVE Zelda as a main character Link has been main character for sooo loooong
I remember my cousin telling that there are 3 (maybe more now. Is that right @Cfrock ?) protagonists in Resident Evil.

I don't think it would disrupt much. Link is barely a character and could be replaced by a cardboard cutout without disrupting the storyline. While I don't think switching from Link to Zelda has to affect the gameplay, I'd like to see combat that puts more emphasis on Zelda's magical abilities.

In regards to Resident Evil, there have always been a multitude of protagonists in that series. It's far more than three at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom