• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda- A playable character in BotW 2? (speculations)

What's the possibility?

• Total voters
BotW Zelda is one of the more annoying incarnations of Zelda, and that would be my biggest concern about her being playable. She needs to chill the **** out and stop being so whiny (ZELDA TRIANGLE LIP NEEDS TO SUPPRESS HER EMOTIONS LIKE LINK HAHAHAHA), otherwise it's really going to be distracting from the gameplay. I'm worried about how much screentime she's going to get already, because of how irritating she was in BotW and that was just in the memories.

Only thing I can say though, is that usually a character cutting their hair off like that is symbolic of a transformation of ideals or worldly outlook (think Zuko from Avatar; or Mulan too I guess), so if that signifies anything, maybe she'll have grown up a bit between the time of BotW and BotW2.

I didn't really like the incarnation of Zelda in ST either, but some of the co-op gameplay was the start of some really unique puzzles, if they wanted to polish up that execution, I'm sure it'd be okay. But yeah, she can't be the main player character, or it just wouldn't feel right.
She reminds me of the princess in Wild Arms (similar look too). She cuts her hair after her father dies, which is also what Garnet does in Final Fantasy IX when her mother dies.

Zelda should NEVER be a main character in any LOZ game.. TBH I would be very disappointed in nintendo if they made her one.. But I don't think I need to worry I am thinking they have more common sense. As far as a side kick.... HELL NO!!!

Zelda should NEVER be a main character in any LOZ game.. TBH I would be very disappointed in nintendo if they made her one.. But I don't think I need to worry I am thinking they have more common sense. As far as a side kick.... HELL NO!!!
Nintendo are always full of surprises tho. Who knows one day they might give in just to shut the whiners up... but I seen the mods for BotW that allows players to play as Zelda. It pretty much just a cosmetic change which is what they want, they always have that option right now, they don't even need to bug Nintendo about it lol

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I really want Zelda to be playable, either as a character option or as your partner. Spirit Tracks is one of my favorite games due in big part to Zelda being the companion. I loved the teamwork puzzles with her and Link, and I've been dying for the series to do that again. This is the perfect excuse and the perfect set up for it. I really wanted BotW to have something like that, so I'm hoping the sequel does at least.

Nintendo are always full of surprises tho. Who knows one day they might give in just to shut the whiners up... but I seen the mods for BotW that allows players to play as Zelda. It pretty much just a cosmetic change which is what they want, they always have that option right now, they don't even need to bug Nintendo about it lol
Ugh... I hope not...

I really want Zelda to be playable, either as a character option or as your partner. Spirit Tracks is one of my favorite games due in big part to Zelda being the companion. I loved the teamwork puzzles with her and Link, and I've been dying for the series to do that again. This is the perfect excuse and the perfect set up for it. I really wanted BotW to have something like that, so I'm hoping the sequel does at least.
That's what I'm hoping for too. I thought maybe SS would do it, but Zelda only joined us for the beginning and not even as an actual companion.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
That's what I'm hoping for too. I thought maybe SS would do it, but Zelda only joined us for the beginning and not even as an actual companion.
That's exactly what I'm expecting. I too feel that Zelda shouldn't and wouldn't be a main character. She might be playable in some parts of the game similar to Groose in SS but she would definitely have a more important role and definitely more screen time
BotW Zelda is the most gorgeous of all Zeldas in LoZ series.

Here is the possibilities:
1) She might be required to go into Gerudo town.
2)There might be some sacred places that only zelda could enter
3) Zelda might possess some magic powers which cannot be used while playing as Link
4) There might be a 2 to 1 battle. ( Zelda will shoot some light arrows at Ganon or probably Demise helping Link to get closer to them in pursuit)

That's exactly what I'm expecting. I too feel that Zelda shouldn't and wouldn't be a main character. She might be playable in some parts of the game similar to Groose in SS but she would definitely have a more important role and definitely more screen time

Here is the possibilities:
1) She might be required to go into Gerudo town.
2)There might be some sacred places that only zelda could enter
3) Zelda might possess some magic powers which cannot be used while playing as Link
4) There might be a 2 to 1 battle. ( Zelda will shoot some light arrows at Ganon or probably Demise helping Link to get closer to them in pursuit)
There's a lot of opportunity that could be missed if she's just caputured again. I think it would be a nice change for Zelda. It reminds me of Secret of Mana. Sometimes you needed more than one companion to solve the puzzles. It made it fun and challenging!

Even a boko has a better personality and would be better option for players to play as. Sir Boko in Royal Guard gear would be awesome, he and Link could team up to take out a lynel, think of the other great gameplay opportunities a boko could bring to the table.

I think it could be a possibility that Zelda is playable in next one, but using hair as a main thesis for your theory is just awful. They even said an interview that they were thinking about having the protagonist of breath of the wild be female, so I'm not putting off the possibility. Just that using hair alone to give a main selling point is just ridiculous to me.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'd like a playable Zelda simply so she can actually DO something beyond being the damsel in distress. ST was a step in the right direction.
Then why on earth would it be called the legend of zelda? She's played a part in many titles regardless of size. The first three games she was simply the girl to save. In ocarina of time she was the one to help orchestrate the events of Link's journey.
In the Wind Waker she actually helps Link fight in the final battle and goes on to help establish New Hyrule.
Spirit Tracks Zelda is your constant companion who also helps fight.
The same occurs in Four Swords Adventures helping to fight Ganon.
In BotW she prevents Ganon from returning before Link is fully resurrected.
She has much potential and has helped saved Hyrule numerous times. To not include her would be a ridiculous idea.

I'd like a playable Zelda simply so she can actually DO something beyond being the damsel in distress. ST was a step in the right direction.

Then why on earth would it be called the legend of zelda? She's played a part in many titles regardless of size. The first three games she was simply the girl to save. In ocarina of time she was the one to help orchestrate the events of Link's journey.
In the Wind Waker she actually helps Link fight in the final battle and goes on to help establish New Hyrule.
Spirit Tracks Zelda is your constant companion who also helps fight.
The same occurs in Four Swords Adventures helping to fight Ganon.
In BotW she prevents Ganon from returning before Link is fully resurrected.
She has much potential and has helped saved Hyrule numerous times. To not include her would be a ridiculous idea.
I think it's called "The Legend of Zelda" because it's Zelda's story (Hylia) seen through Link's eyes (us the player). Link is the chosen hero, but it's not his story.

Why I'm worried is that whenever Zelda is actually an involved character, she's over-characterized and is generally unlikable. ST, SS, and BotW are my least favorite incarnations of Zelda and thats when they tried making her more "interesting" but it just backfired, at least for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom