• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda- A playable character in BotW 2? (speculations)

What's the possibility?

• Total voters

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Dude that's where years of tradition is gonna get broken
View attachment 41965
Though I'm fine with this. There might be many people disappointed if master sword was removed

I don't care about tradition in games. The only reason I enjoy Breath of the Wild as much as I do is because it tosses out all the stuff I didn't like about the previous games.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Breath of the Wild Zelda is easily the best version of Zelda, since she's the only one who went through any kind of character arc. I hope that not only is she playable, but that she's the sole protagonist.
I guess skyward sword, wind waker, spirit tracks doesn't exist :l
(Also can you really call it progressing if it's already happened? )

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I guess skyward sword, wind waker, spirit tracks doesn't exist :l
(Also can you really call it progressing if it's already happened? )

Skyward Sword's Zelda was just another bland mystical not-princess. Wind Waker's was Tetra, who stopped being interesting whenever she turned into Zelda. I can't speak for Spirit Tracks, since I haven't played it.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Skyward Sword's Zelda was just another bland mystical not-princess. Wind Waker's was Tetra, who stopped being interesting whenever she turned into Zelda. I can't speak for Spirit Tracks, since I haven't played it.
skyward sword had link and zelda's destinies intertwined- they progressed together and the indicator of that progress was the context of their relationship with each other.
Tetra is zelda, and just because she loses all her personality when she learns the truth (she's kinda in shock so it's super understandable), that doesn't mean there's no progression >.>
if you're willing to call something that happened canonically 100 years before the game even occurs, then you need to be willing to call progression that you don't personally like progression all the same.

spirit tracks zelda starts out as a bratty princess and ends up being super dependable and mature.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
skyward sword had link and zelda's destinies intertwined- they progressed together and the indicator of that progress was the context of their relationship with each other.
Tetra is zelda, and just because she loses all her personality when she learns the truth (she's kinda in shock so it's super understandable), that doesn't mean there's no progression >.>
if you're willing to call something that happened canonically 100 years before the game even occurs, then you need to be willing to call progression that you don't personally like progression all the same.

spirit tracks zelda starts out as a bratty princess and ends up being super dependable and mature.

It'd be fine if the games made their versions of Zelda interesting.

The problem with SS Zelda and her relationship with Link is that it just isn't interesting. She doesn't show any kind of personality outside of the relationship and the game tries to reinforce this by reminding you just how good friends you and Zelda are.

Tetra is better when she isn't Zelda. Everything interesting about her evaporates when when folks start calling her Zelda and dressing her like a princess, along with her sassy attitude and her tendency to jump headfirst into combat.

I'm not sure what you're implying about the events of BotW. It doesn't matter if the cutscenes took place during the 100 year gap, it just matters that they happened.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think Zelda and Link should be heroes together <3

While I'd love for them to be joint protagonists, I just don't think they have the character dynamic necessary to carry the game. Like most other Links, the Link of Breath of the Wild is about as charismatic as a wooden chair and with just as much personality. Unless Nintendo finally removes the unnecessary shackles and gives Link a voice, I don't see their interactions being interesting enough to carry a game.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I think Zelda and Link should be heroes together <3
Nah. As I said a change in protagonists will definitely help BotW2's cause just like in RE's case. Though I hadn't played RE myself I've seen my cousin playing it as I grew up.

hat's exactly what I'm expecting. I too feel that Zelda shouldn't and wouldn't be a main character. She might be playable in some parts of the game similar to Groose in SS but she would definitely have a more important role and definitely more screen time
BotW Zelda is the most gorgeous of all Zeldas in LoZ series.
Also, Link is Zelda's assistance. This time it would be interesting if Zelda herself jumps in the action and finishes Ganodorf for good and do justice for the title "The Legend of Zelda"
tSlh4Rn.jpg
At first this idea sparked in my idle brain. But as time passed, the passion to see a swashbuckling Zelda spread like a forest fire.
:senpaipls:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Nah. As I said a change in protagonists will definitely help BotW2's cause just like in RE's case. Though I hadn't played RE myself I've seen my cousin playing it as I grew up.

Also, Link is Zelda's assistance. This time it would be interesting if Zelda herself jumps in the action and finishes Ganodorf for good and do justice for the title "The Legend of Zelda"
View attachment 41977
At first this idea sparked in my idle brain. But as time passed, the passion to see a swashbuckling Zelda spread like a forest fire.
:senpaipls:

Honestly, I prefer the idea of Zelda going it alone. I'm hoping that the trailer showing Link being in zombie Ganon's clutches indicates that we'll experience our lonely adventure with just Zelda. No excessive talking or cutscenes between the two.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
While I'd love for them to be joint protagonists, I just don't think they have the character dynamic necessary to carry the game. Like most other Links, the Link of Breath of the Wild is about as charismatic as a wooden chair and with just as much personality. Unless Nintendo finally removes the unnecessary shackles and gives Link a voice, I don't see their interactions being interesting enough to carry a game.

I think he could still have a personality without speaking. All they have to do is make look like he has feelings, and emotions. And I wish that if they kept him from not speaking, they would make it a disability instead, and he would use a notebook to communicate. It would make the game so much cooler in my opinion.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Btw, we're talking about Zelda being playable pls don't derail it. we can discuss it here
Speaking of which I have found something depressing:
Screenshot_20200103-183036_YouTube.jpg
We mustn't forget that the trailer also portraits Zelda falling down. which has a potential danger of Zelda being portrayed as a damsel in distress......AGAIN. What do you think about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom