• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda 3DS Predictions (No Remake)

What are your predictions for the game should it not be a remake? I'm really excited, but thinking about it, it's tough to know what to expect. On handheld, you go from MC which were top notch 2D graphics, to PH and ST which were kinda like 2.5D with cell shaded graphics. Then OoT 3D comes out and we finally see what the handhelds are capable of.

I personally don't want anymore cell shaded graphics. I want to see them like OoT 3D. Is this the direction they go in? Tough to tell, but I don't see why they wouldn't. As for a game, who knows what to expect, but I want a game with a young link and Vaati. Those are my two demands at this point, along with the graphics.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
All I really expect is a shorter than usual story mode. Out of all the handheld games I've played that were "on par" with console games of the same series, those handhelds have given me a far shorter experience than console counterparts, but for no good reason (imo). I don't know what to expect out of Zelda 3DS as we haven't seen anything really.

I'm with Ventus, if Zelda 3DS is a 3D game like OoT then I'm almost certain we'll see a shorter game than OoT itself and perhaps even shorter than MM's main quest (barring the sidequests which can take up a lot of time) I also don't think its going to be as intricate as MM either, and even if it does have more dungeons than MM I can see them being very short like those of PH and ST.

So predictions for an original 3DS Zelda game-

-3D
-4/5 dungeons
-Item set as small as WW
-Small overworld (if we get an overworld at all and Z: 3DS isn't SS2 with divided sections)
-OoT art style/graphics with minor tweaks since the engine already exists

If it turns out to be anything more than this i'll be pleasantly surprised

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
You never really know what to expect, Nintendo could com up with anything really.

However being the first release for the 3ds (aside from OoT 3d), they will most definitely utilize the 3d features in the game. So i'd expect it won't be anything like TMC or other handhelds

I would think it's cool if they made one with ,like, an ancient portal thing. You could go between dimensions and things. Each time you, or someone else went through, something would change. And you could get Exclusive items and customize your Toolkit thingy... And go back and get the items from other zelda games(The Exclusive Items). So you could have Mogma Mitts, Double clawshots, the Phantom Sword, and all kinds of things. I would enjoy it cel-shaded or the watercolor paint in SS.
I think that would be really cool...:)

:love: TheVampireSlaye

I demand that it look exactly like a 50/50 blend of WW and TP.

Skyward Sword was like that.-GameInformer

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
What we know so far: the 3D effect will "mean something".

What I deduce from that: it will take place mostly underwater.

What I deduce from that, combined with the evident love of splitting the 'timeline': it will take place after WW on (under) the Great Sea (roughly parallel to ST).

Aonuma has repeatedly stated that the cel-shaded graphics work well on the DS, and I agree. I think it will have a somewhat new style derived from PH/ST's graphics - especially their proportions.

I've made my predictions rather specific so that I won't be disappointed when they turn out wrong but can gloat endlessly if they're right. About half of my specific SS predictions (article posted April 1st 2010) turned out to be true.

I'll come up with a general list:

- 3D graphics rather than 2D (not 100% certain on this, but it's my prediction)
- Child Link instead of adult Link
- Fairly original graphics; pulls inspiration from Ocarina of Time 3D
- 5-7 dungeons, almost as long as console games like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess
- Placed on the Child or Decline timelines
- Original villain, not Ganon

But considering we have almost nothing to go on, I wouldn't be surprised if most or all of my predictions turned into scrap metal. I guess we'll just have to wait for news releases in the coming months.

What we know so far: the 3D effect will "mean something".

What I deduce from that: it will take place mostly underwater.

What I deduce from that, combined with the evident love of splitting the 'timeline': it will take place after WW on (under) the Great Sea (roughly parallel to ST).

Aonuma has repeatedly stated that the cel-shaded graphics work well on the DS, and I agree. I think it will have a somewhat new style derived from PH/ST's graphics - especially their proportions.

I've made my predictions rather specific so that I won't be disappointed when they turn out wrong but can gloat endlessly if they're right. About half of my specific SS predictions (article posted April 1st 2010) turned out to be true.

I've thought about a game under water too... Submarine transport or something submerged... and like you said it'd be at home in the Adult timeline... however i'm sure Aonuma has said that the 3DS title wont be a sequel to anything in the child timeline. Either way though you're probably right.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I expect another Zelda game much like the CDi Zeldas
n4fa062125ee61.jpg

No but seriously, Zelda 3DS will most likely be a 3D game like OoT and not 2D or 2.5D. Nintendo has yet to develop an original Zelda that truly uses the 3D idea. It makes sense that the first one they will do will utilize it to a large extent.

- Original villain, not Ganon.

I don't agree with that. Ganondorf has been absent in 3 games and it's about high time he returned. I'm not including Ganon's apperance in Ocarina of Time 3D because this topic is about a new game, not a remake.

So with that, that's one expectation for Zelda 3DS. Another expectation is that I really hope this game is completely new and doesn't connect to the ''Zelda Timeline'' at all. I just want it to be a game with no ties to any other Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom