• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Zelda & 3D Cutscenes & HILDA

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In the latest Nintendo Direct, we got a glimpse of the cutscenes of ALBW...as well as Princess Zelda herself. But wait, we also get a glimpse of a new character: Hilda. Now, I will make some speculation in a bit, but check these blastin' pictures out:
l8pB0YM.png
tzEHGEB.png

Time for the speculation. Hilda has an upside down Triforce, dressed in attire similar to our Zelda, and has purple hair. Link's sword is noticeable drawn rather than sheathed. Can we assume that Hilda is the antagonist?

Perhaps she is a demon force that...possessed Zelda, not dissimilar to Veran of Oracle of Ages?!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
She looks the opposite of Zelda in terms of her colour palette, along with the upside-down Triforce. She could be the antagonist but maybe she's all about chaos and disorder, while Zelda is all about wisdom and order and stuff. Maybe. I'm not so sure, but because of the upside-down Triforce, that'd be my guess. She doesn't look very evil though... :P

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Doesn't seem too far fetched but I'm not sure. It seems to be logical that she is the "other world's" Zelda and reflects her. wether she is evil or not remains to be seen

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
its clear that she's the other princess, although... i don't think she is going to be the antagonist, i feel as though you may have to save both princesses. maybe? is that too much to hope?

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
maybe link had his sword drawn because he was caught by surprise? it's happened many times in the series, link draws his sword on an ally when he is caught by surprise.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
With another villain confirmed who resembles a mix of Ganondorf and Ghirahim, I think Hilda will only be one of three of the main villains in this game. The third who has not yet been confirmed or even shown off yet will most definitely be Dark Link.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
maybe link had his sword drawn because he was caught by surprise? it's happened many times in the series, link draws his sword on an ally when he is caught by surprise.

Maybe, but there's no way to tell if he just put on his battle-ready position out of surprise or if he's holding it during her dialogue, like if he had something to be wary of. It looks to me like the later after watching the footage again, but what do I know. One thing I'm sure, Link doesn't seem to trust her too much.

Also, Zelda... Hilda... heh.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I dont understand why everyone has this idea that EVERYTHING from the "dark world" is evil, or resembles chaos. Remember this is the Sacred Realm, its very possible a kingdom has risen there, and the general public could very well be good in nature, and there is just a disturbance in the world that effects both Hyrule and the Sacred Realm, and maybe we have to stop whatever is going on; in turn saving both worlds.

I think we would be wrong to assume everything from the dark world is "evil". However on the flip side it could be possible that there is a war of sorts forming between the light and dark worlds, in which case everyone but me would be right!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
It definitely does look like the Dark World version of Zelda (even their names are similar). Whether she is actually evil or not is not yet known. We will just have to wait.
Time for the speculation. Hilda has an upside down Triforce, dressed in attire similar to our Zelda, and has purple hair. Link's sword is noticeable drawn rather than sheathed. Can we assume that Hilda is the antagonist?
She certainly looks like an antagonist. She doesn't look evil per se, but Zelda has typically associated the darker characters with evil. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being some sort of villain. I doubt she is the main villain, seeing as we already have that freaking hideous Gerudo Witch thing, but she definitely seems like she will end up being a baddie.

Perhaps she is a demon force that...possessed Zelda, not dissimilar to Veran of Oracle of Ages?!
Possible. While on the topic of possession though, I think it's worth noting that, given the similar name and look, Hilda may be the possessed form of Zelda, manipulated by the Dark world. Of course, we'll just have to wait and see.

She looks the opposite of Zelda in terms of her colour palette, along with the upside-down Triforce. She could be the antagonist but maybe she's all about chaos and disorder, while Zelda is all about wisdom and order and stuff. Maybe. I'm not so sure, but because of the upside-down Triforce, that'd be my guess. She doesn't look very evil though... :P
That's another possibility. If the Dark Triforce is in fact an opposing force to the normal triforce, than it would have its own pieces. I doubt Courage and Wisdom would be in a manipulated version of the Triforce, so maybe Hilda possesses the Dark Triforce of Evil or something like that.

its clear that she's the other princess, although... i don't think she is going to be the antagonist, i feel as though you may have to save both princesses. maybe? is that too much to hope?
She seems more like some sort of villainous force to me than anything. It's possible that there is a part of the game that involves saving them both, but I kind of doubt it. I don't think they would add in a "Dark Zelda" without making her some sort of evil being. She definitely seems antagonistic to me, even if that role is simply the role that all the other puppets had.

Given the text, I don't think she's a villain.
Villain's speak that way as a method of getting you to lower your guard. They do it a lot in video games, movies, books, etc, so I think that is most likely what she is doing.

While that is possible, I don't think it is the case. Though she does not look very evil, she does look like some sort of antagonist to me.

With another villain confirmed who resembles a mix of Ganondorf and Ghirahim, I think Hilda will only be one of three of the main villains in this game. The third who has not yet been confirmed or even shown off yet will most definitely be Dark Link.
That's interesting. May I ask why you think it will be Dark Link? I, personally, don't find that to be very likely. Dark Link is a cool villain, that's no doubt, but he is not a physical being. In Adventure of Link, he was a test to prove Link's courage. In Ocarina of Time, he was nothing more than an illusion. In Four Swords Adventures, he was not even Dark Link (Dark Link =/= Shadow Link). In Twilight Princess, Dark Link's only role was to help tell the story of the Dark Interlopers. He was never physically in the game, just in a dream of sorts.

Of course, that is not to say we definitely won't see Dark Link; I just don't find it very likely that he will be one of the main villains.

Villains always love to toy with their victims, Hilda may be a spider of some sort. ;)
Oh yes, Because she looks very much like a spider. You never know, though, maybe she has 4 other limbs hiding beneath her dress there. :hmm:

Is it possible that Hilda could be Zelda's twin sister? And maybe she was stolen over to the dark side by the Gerudo person we saw in the artwork?
That is another possibility. I mentioned above that I think Hilda may be the possessed version of Zelda, but maybe she is a possessed version of Zelda's sister? elliotstriforce mentioned above that we may have to save 2 princesses. Given this scenario, the likelihood of that being the case increases.

I dont understand why everyone has this idea that EVERYTHING from the "dark world" is evil, or resembles chaos. Remember this is the Sacred Realm, its very possible a kingdom has risen there, and the general public could very well be good in nature, and there is just a disturbance in the world that effects both Hyrule and the Sacred Realm, and maybe we have to stop whatever is going on; in turn saving both worlds.
The part I bolded has not been confirmed (has it?:?). I also don't believe it has been confirmed that this is the same Dark World as the one in A Link to the Past. The one in ALTTP was destroyed. It is possible that this Dark World is an entirely different realm, plagued by evil, which Link has to destroy or something.

It is difficult to speculate on what characters might be at this point. We will just have to wait until the game is released to know everything.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This "other world" seems to be a direct antithesis to Hyrule - I'm pretty sure this isn't the Dark World (the cursed state of the Sacred Realm). So far we know this world is the alter ego to Hyrule, it has its own Kingdom, it's own charterers, possible it's own Triforce and what seems to be Ganon's alter ego (Agahnim) - my own theory, but it follows the trend.

Who's to say that this world is evil? We've had the likes of the Twilight Realm which on first sight looked like a world ruled by shadow beings, in fact it had it's own character, it's own ways, it's own laws etc. This world doesn't necessarily have to be Hyrule's evil counterpart, I think people are possibly jumping to conclusions there.

---

So about this Hilda - yes I think it's pretty obvious now that she's the alternate version of Zelda, but is she evil?... Well I'm not convinced. Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely disregarding that she is in fact evil but like I said before: this alternate world doesn't have to be evil, which I think is the case with Hilda too. If you look at the text box, it doesn't really seem as if she's communicating with Link from an evil perspective, she could just be toying around but we can't make that conclusion just yet.

She could be Zelda's evil counterpart but I simply think she's just a counterpart, not necessarily an evil one.

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Considering the enemies who reside in this "dark world" not to mention the familiar lay out of the land, I'm not convinced that this is NOT the same dark world as in ALttP. I'm sticking with my theory on this one, everything is all too similar. To me it seems that after the events of ALttP and the Sacred Realm was returned to its original state, a kingdom rose, and with it being a new Society has already began to deteriorate and crumble. This is a HUGE speculation im throwing out here, but it just seems that the structure of the Kingdom in this "other world" (which i still think is the sacred realm) is in a crisis, and what ever leadership within said kingdom is being contested!

Like i said big speculation, but in the end i still feel this is a New Kingdom, that rose in the sacred realm, and is now in turmoil causing darkness to cover the land once again! Just think how powerful a Villain would be if said villain had a whole kingdom under his rule!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom