• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda 35th anniversary

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
One, that's not "gameplay". When they're about to launch the game, then you can call it that. Demo footage for a game that literally will not even release this year isn't anything. Two, Skyward Sword HD is just crap. So obviously my opinion isn't high there. That isn't anything new or special, it's a port of one of the worst Zelda titles ever made. Okay, well... worst of the ones that are still decent at least. But still, certainly not something I'm gonna be caring about at all. So yes. Basically, the only real, tangible thing we're being given is the Game & Watch. And most of those are gonna be hoovered up by scalpers.

Look at what Mario got for that 35th though. They got numerous games, collectors items, lots of neat new toys... they announced a frikkin movie for pete's sake. Through the whole year they were droppin' neat Mario things. And not only is Zelda getting squat, but they've basically said there's nothing else in the works at all. So yeah, this 35th is sheer trash and they failed.
Plus a DLC. What I’m getting is that Nintendo is releasing stuff: you just aren’t happy with it. That’s fine, but pretending they aren’t releasing anything is incorrect. I also love SS and am looking forward to playing it next month. The entitlement of the Zelda community about this anniversary is astounding; I’ve been playing these games for close to 24 years and I could care less if they did nothing for an anniversary let alone that they’re doing stuff and I’m not a fan. People acting like Nintendo was supposed to rerelease OoT, MM, WW and TP (all games that have previously had rereleases) is ridiculous. Furthermore it’s the 35th, not exactly a common anniversary that is taken as a big deal. I know Mario had one but that really just came with three ports (two of which hadn’t been rereleased before) none of them were HD and the theme park stuff was luck that it was opening the same time as Mario’s anniversary. Plus if you’re going to create a theme park attraction it’s going to be of your top seller who every person in the world has heard of and then you’ll add more later. The park just opened it wouldn’t make economic sense to add a whole new Zelda park to it not even six months after opening.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Plus a DLC. What I’m getting is that Nintendo is releasing stuff: you just aren’t happy with it. That’s fine, but pretending they aren’t releasing anything is incorrect. I also love SS and am looking forward to playing it next month. The entitlement of the Zelda community about this anniversary is astounding; I’ve been playing these games for close to 24 years and I could care less if they did nothing for an anniversary let alone that they’re doing stuff and I’m not a fan. People acting like Nintendo was supposed to rerelease OoT, MM, WW and TP (all games that have previously had rereleases) is ridiculous. Furthermore it’s the 35th, not exactly a common anniversary that is taken as a big deal. I know Mario had one but that really just came with three ports (two of which hadn’t been rereleased before) none of them were HD and the theme park stuff was luck that it was opening the same time as Mario’s anniversary. Plus if you’re going to create a theme park attraction it’s going to be of your top seller who every person in the world has heard of and then you’ll add more later. The park just opened it wouldn’t make economic sense to add a whole new Zelda park to it not even six months after opening.
I just want to spend money on things I like
why won't you give me things to like

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom