• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda 35th anniversary

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Gimmie a Game & Watch of the original game and nothing else.
--------------------
Congratulations, you got your wish! I'm majorly annoyed that it's all they did and are going to do, but I'm content(ish) with the fact that they finally acknowledged Zelda's anniversary. I suppose it's better than nothing, but still it's kinda sad.

Quite frankly I think what they've done with this year has just sucked royally. The biggest thing we got is an announcement for a game that comes out next year. The only real "thing" we got for this year, is something that is gonna be so easily scalped that it doesn't matter. Only saving grace for me is that it's not worth having.

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
Quite frankly I think what they've done with this year has just sucked royally. The biggest thing we got is an announcement for a game that comes out next year. The only real "thing" we got for this year, is something that is gonna be so easily scalped that it doesn't matter. Only saving grace for me is that it's not worth having.
Skyward Sword HD, a DLC, A Game and Watch with 3 games and finally gameplay from BOTW2. That’s more than “just a game and watch.”

Skyward Sword HD, a DLC, A Game and Watch with 3 games and finally gameplay from BOTW2. That’s more than “just a game and watch.”
One, that's not "gameplay". When they're about to launch the game, then you can call it that. Demo footage for a game that literally will not even release this year isn't anything. Two, Skyward Sword HD is just crap. So obviously my opinion isn't high there. That isn't anything new or special, it's a port of one of the worst Zelda titles ever made. Okay, well... worst of the ones that are still decent at least. But still, certainly not something I'm gonna be caring about at all. So yes. Basically, the only real, tangible thing we're being given is the Game & Watch. And most of those are gonna be hoovered up by scalpers.

Look at what Mario got for that 35th though. They got numerous games, collectors items, lots of neat new toys... they announced a frikkin movie for pete's sake. Through the whole year they were droppin' neat Mario things. And not only is Zelda getting squat, but they've basically said there's nothing else in the works at all. So yeah, this 35th is sheer trash and they failed.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
One, that's not "gameplay". When they're about to launch the game, then you can call it that. Demo footage for a game that literally will not even release this year isn't anything. Two, Skyward Sword HD is just crap. So obviously my opinion isn't high there. That isn't anything new or special, it's a port of one of the worst Zelda titles ever made. Okay, well... worst of the ones that are still decent at least. But still, certainly not something I'm gonna be caring about at all. So yes. Basically, the only real, tangible thing we're being given is the Game & Watch. And most of those are gonna be hoovered up by scalpers.

Look at what Mario got for that 35th though. They got numerous games, collectors items, lots of neat new toys... they announced a frikkin movie for pete's sake. Through the whole year they were droppin' neat Mario things. And not only is Zelda getting squat, but they've basically said there's nothing else in the works at all. So yeah, this 35th is sheer trash and they failed.
It's already been said it was the opposite for Mario's 25th. Also, 35 isn't a very significant anniversary, so I'm not disappointed they didn't go all out.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
LOL
do you realize
That there are still mario game and watches sitting on shelves as we talk
Not gonna get scalped

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom