• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda 25th Anniversary CD Reviews

Although The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary CD is lacking in some departments overall it is much better than the CD included to celebrate Mario's 25th.

The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Medley 8/10

This piece opens too slowly in my opinion. Things heat up towards the five minute mark with A Link to the Past music but by then it's too little too late.

Kakariko Village-Twilight Princess 6/10

I've always loved Kakariko but the village had a stronger bond with me in Ocarina of Time. There is nothing too riveting in this song and it sounds half-baked.

The Wind Waker Symphonic Movement 10/10

Spectacular is the only way to describe this one! From the Great Sea to Ganondorf's theme, the Wind Waker Symphonic Movement shines through and through.

Gerudo Valley 10/10

Wow is all I can say! The song is still as amusing to listen to as 13 years ago and sounds even better orchestrated making it the best on the CD!

Great Fairy's Fountain Theme 7/10

A short, repetitive song that I felt didn't need to be included.

Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement 8/10

As with the 25th Anniversary Medley Medley, this one starts off too slow. Luckily things pick up especially with Ganondorf's theme but it's a case of too little too late all over again.

Ballad of the Goddess from Skyward Sword 10/10

A very emotionally moving piece for the end. My personal favorite from Skyward Sword, this shows how much shine and polish was put into the making of this commemorative anniversary CD.

Overall Score (not an average) 9.0/10

Be sure to post your own review of the CD!

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Thank you for the review. I liked the CD but at times I almost didn't sound like zelda, it sounded just like an orchestra song. Through all the notes it was hard sometimes to figure out what zelda song was it. But still it was great, next best thing to going to the concert itself.

It is an extremely great CD, but it is very quiet. By that I mean that I have to turn my stereos volume up to real high volumes to hear it. But thats probably just my copy that's doing that. Otherwise, it's the absolute best orchestrated music ive heard.

I picked up my copy of SS 3 days ago, but right after that I went on a Thanksgiving trip, and I haven't had time to even start playing it. As such, I've been listening to the 25th Symphony CD a lot, and I must say, I love it.

Starting off with the Anniversary Medley: I'd definitely say this one is pretty awesome. Personally, I didn't think it started off too slow at all. Rather, dragging out the beginning with a nice epic starting piece, then slowly building up to the more intense Dark World Theme (love that pause between the intro and where it really gets going in that song), and then capping it off with a slow ending theme, all fits well into the feel of the orchestration. Maybe I like it because I listen to a lot of classical music, and most of that can really drag out beginnings and endings and all that.

I also really liked the Kakariko Village Theme/Ilia's Theme (that was Ilia's Theme at the end, right?). When I first played OoT, I stopped in Kakariko Village for a while just to listen to the music. It's got a really quaint, almost melancholy feel to it, and the orchestra was able to highlight that pretty well. As for Ilia's Theme (I think), maybe this is the wrong word, and a little too sappy, but it made me think "heartfelt". I guess that's just how the song is, in the game too, but it sounds a lot better with an orchestra.

Does anyone know all of the songs that are included in the Wind Waker Symphonic Movement? I can recognize most of them, but there are a couple that are unfamiliar: for example, what's that one just after the sailing theme (at 2:29 - 2:45)? Can't seem to remember it. Anyways, I liked most of the songs in this piece a lot too. They were well arranged for the orchestra I thought; it really brought out the epic feel in many of them.

Gerudo Valley is just amazing too. It's a lot different than the original; it's completely lost the whole spanish guitar theme in place of an epic, dark and intense feel. I must say I like this version more. Gives me shivers every time I listen to it. Great song, maybe the best on the CD.

One I really didn't like at all, on the other hand, was the Great Fairy Fountain Theme. It's not a very great song anyways, and while the orchestra adds a slight bit of variance to it, there's only so much it can be improved. I don't understand why they included it.

The Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement disappointed me a little bit. There were many songs I was hoping would be on it (Hidden Village Theme, Sacred Forest Meadow, maybe a few others), and instead a bunch of mediocre (in my opinion, of course) ones were included. For example, while the Ganondorf Battle Theme is intense, it's really not very musically appealing. I also thought the beginning could have been better: while the Opening Title Theme fit perfectly for the very start, the next bit seemed a little too drawn out and repetitive, and didn't build very well. I did like the Hyrule Field Theme though. Very epic.

The Main Theme Medley was alright. Not bad, but not amazing. While it was pretty epic feeling, it was also just a bit too repetitive. Other than the ALttP Title Theme, it was just the same song over and over again with variations. I would have preferred an "Opening Theme Medley", where they could include a whole bunch of title themes. They could keep the main theme, of course, but then also stick in the OoT Title Theme, the MM Title Theme (which was the Clock Town Theme as I recall), and others. Would have greatly improved it if you ask me.

As for the final one, Ballad of the Goddess, it was pretty decent. Nice and epic feeling. Not terribly amazing though. I suppose I'll probably grow to like it more once I can actually start playing the game.

Overall, the CD is pretty awesome. The first four tracks are amazing, and while the latter four have some misses, they're still decent (except for the Fairy Fountain one). There are definitely some other things I wish they'd included (something from MM, probably the Clock Town Theme), but being a free extra with the game, can I really complain?

For some reason it wouldn't play on my clock/stereo so I played it on my computer where there were times when my computer's fan was louder. Having hardly herd it I don't fell right rating it but it sounded good. I have to put it on my mp3 player and really listen once I get new headphones.

It is an extremely great CD, but it is very quiet. By that I mean that I have to turn my stereos volume up to real high volumes to hear it. But thats probably just my copy that's doing that. Otherwise, it's the absolute best orchestrated music ive heard.
For me its too loud.......but maybe because I'm playing it on my computer.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom