• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Writing Competition Information Thread

The revamped ZD Writing Competition is just around the corner! This is the place where members of Zelda Dungeon can demonstrate their writing aptitude by submitting an entry for that round's given themes. Participants and spectators alike will then vote for the entry they enjoyed the most or thought was particularly well written.

The way the competition works is pretty simple. Every two weeks, a new theme will be posted. Writers then have two weeks to submit an entry for that theme. Afterwards, voting will occur. Once the deadline of a particular round has passed, the thread for the next round will be posted. This means there will be overlap between the posting of the next round and voting for the current round.

The themes themselves will work on a rotational basis. The first round of the cycle being free choice, the second and third rounds being a theme of my choosing, and the fourth and final round being a parameter round.

To refresh your memory, here are the basic rules of the writing competition:
  1. Your writing must be your own. This is the cardinal rule of writing. Do not steal anyone else's writing. Entries will be monitored for plagiarism.

2. No recycled work. Please be sure to submit original entries for every round. Even if a past entry you submitted works for the given thread, you write something new.

3. All entries must be submitted by the round deadline. To ensure the competition process runs smoothly, submissions will not be accepted after the deadline. Since unforeseen circumstances may come in the way, try to submit your entries as soon as possible.

4. Follow the theme. Self-explanatory.

5. No voting for yourself. To ensure a spirit of fairness and competition, self-voting is prohibited. Critiquing other authors is a very important part of the writing process so even if you don't for others, try to leave some constructive criticism.

6. Have fun! Even if you don't win, it's not the end of the world. The purpose of this competition is to express yourself and improve your writing skills. Writing on a consistent basis will improve your writing alone.

If you have any further questions about the rules, or the way the competition works, feel free to post them in the thread below or send me a PM.

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I want to announce that I am officially taking over the writing competition as full time host, so any questions about this competition should be directed to me, and not A Link In Time.

I have also updated the OP with details on how the cycle of themes for the competition work. I have decided that I will stick with the format that ALIT created with the addition of a poetry round which will take place after the parameter round.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The WCC is once more changing hands. From this week, A Link In Time is resuming his role as host of this competition, so once again, all queries should be sent to him and not me. I have once more updated the OP to reflect this change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom